U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-02-2011, 04:57 PM

714 posts, read 364,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
So true. Conservative-minded people tend to have a knack for not exploring other ideas and cultures that don't fit within their view of the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
True, although liberal fruit doesn't fall very far from the tree either. Just yesterday I was talking to a liberal friend and I asked him if he ever read conservative blogs or watched Fox news. He said no, he didn't need to because he knew they were stupid already. He just inherited a bunch of money so it will be interesting to see if his attitudes will change now that he's moving from the receiving to the paying class.

This country has way too many of those polarizing attitudes on both sides of the spectrum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
You seem to be saying that liberals are receivers and conservatives are payers. I know you're smarter than that, Arjay.
It don't get no better than that. A self professed liberal outing his own as receivers/takers/looters/teat suckers, etc. LMAO

The classic liberal mantra: we we are tolerant of all....except those who don't share our agenda, ie conservatives, who must be either stupid, ignorant or both. Indeed, such open mindedness....gag

Meanwhile, they could find a babbling idiot wandering the streets - and if the BI is part of OWS or believes the govt owes them just because, well, because, then they are indeed intelligent and enlightened individuals!

Maybe I will try and experience things from a liberal perspective. Quit my job and forsake my worldly possessions. After a few weeks of being hungry and enduring the elements i might be all for "social justice" aka forced wealth redistribution, and hence decrying the system as "unfair" just because I am a failure....

Or maybe I would maintain my principles and get a job and start working my way back. I certainly hope and believe it would be the latter!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2011, 05:13 PM

2,266 posts, read 1,938,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muxBuppie View Post
1. You never once asked me my views but I've stated over and over leaned Libertarian and could care less what conservative were saying back in 08.

2.You didn't understand that video if you still think this crises was caused by rich people and evil banks. You don't understand how the banks got the credit/cash/debt/confusion to over speculate on.

I'll suggest this second video by the same people. If you still don't get it I am not sure what else will explain what is going on.

I suggested you start at 6 minutes.
I was pointing out flaws in conservative views you responded to me, so naturally I thought you was a conservative, my bad.

I understand the video it was conspicuous. It slams Government it slam corporate for influencing government too. like I said it painted a very innocent view of US enemies like Hugo Chávez and Saddam Hussein. And pained a very negative view of the US policies. I'm not really a conspicuous person. The second video makes more sense about greed and power, that why we have the black market and criminals. Anyways I believe the crisis was cause by greed and irresponsibility, the banks aren't evil but they created the errors that cause the recession. You have a deeper view that American public aren't in control of the US government and the american government policies are causing damage in the US and abroad.

Old 11-02-2011, 05:47 PM

15,100 posts, read 9,838,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
You seem to be saying that liberals are receivers and conservatives are payers. I know you're smarter than that, Arjay.
Well, I didn't mean it exactly that way, JPD. There are conservatives who live on the dole, just like many of us on the paying end (like me) who consider ourselves pretty liberal on some issues.

Often it seems to come down to whose ox is being gored. That's what I was getting at with this fellow I mentioned. A year ago he was telling me how upset he was with the Tea Party and the Koch brothers and now he is asking me the best place to buy and sell gold and which wealth management company is best. (As if I knew!)

Old 11-02-2011, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigers84 View Post
It don't get no better than that. A self professed liberal outing his own as receivers/takers/looters/teat suckers, etc. LMAO

The classic liberal mantra: we we are tolerant of all....except those who don't share our agenda, ie conservatives, who must be either stupid, ignorant or both.
If you are referring to me that's not at all what I said.

Old 11-02-2011, 05:55 PM

2,266 posts, read 1,938,239 times
Quote:

The classic liberal mantra: we we are tolerant of all....except those who don't share our agenda, ie conservatives, who must be either stupid, ignorant or both. Indeed, such open mindedness....gag

Meanwhile, they could find a babbling idiot wandering the streets - and if the BI is part of OWS or believes the govt owes them just because, well, because, then they are indeed intelligent and enlightened individuals!

Maybe I will try and experience things from a liberal perspective. Quit my job and forsake my worldly possessions. After a few weeks of being hungry and enduring the elements i might be all for "social justice" aka forced wealth redistribution, and hence decrying the system as "unfair" just because I am a failure....

Or maybe I would maintain my principles and get a job and start working my way back. I certainly hope and believe it would be the latter!
Besides that Conservatives call liberals names and etc more. "The liberals are" intolerant of the intolerant argument sounds just silly it's really what your trying to say. That liberals are not open minded to people not open minded. Failed.

Also They're not saying the government owns them "that's call a conservative talking point" their arguing wall street owe jobs, Their arguing wall street lobbyists has influenced the government too much. And They want the government to act like a government.

"I still want a conservative to say the facts The Wealthy is getting Wealthier and The income gap is widening between classes. Before arguing there point, I want a conservative to say there's not a reason, to not tax the wealthy more, but rather yall just don’t want to do it. Yall got what yall want income taxes are the lowest since the 50s" where's yall ideology results.

So basically your saying the wealthy don't want to hire because everyone are failures right?
There taxes are too high even though it's the lowest since the 50s right?
That they don't have the money even though the income gap has widen and they're giving themselves bonuses right?

Old 11-02-2011, 06:11 PM

714 posts, read 364,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
If you are referring to me that's not at all what I said.
Well, that was my "liberal" interpretation, so to speak......

Old 11-02-2011, 06:38 PM

2,097 posts, read 1,997,376 times
Did somebody actually introduce that Zeitgeist crap into the conversation?

I'm sick of this liberal this conservative that BS. All politicians are opportunists that change their views according to which way the wind is blowing each morning.

Old 11-02-2011, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Well, that was my "liberal" interpretation, so to speak......
Well, I don't fit in any particular pigeonhole. I'm staunchly progressive on most social issues, but favor small government and fiscally conservative policies.

These days a lot of things that used to be conservative are now apparently called liberal. For instance, I'm big on protecting the environment. It also seems pretty clear we're dealing with major climate change. To me these are obviously conservative values, yet some "conservatives" claim they are liberal. Trashing our planet and ignoring physical science seems the opposite of conservative to me.

Likewise with gallivanting off to fight in vague foreign wars. How anyone can claim radical actions like that are conservative makes no sense whatsoever to me.

Same with these financial issues. I'm a lifelong businessman and am thoroughly devoted to capitalism. But that doesn't mean the system is perfect or that it's heresy to point out its flaws.

In any event, I'm with DTL on these "liberal" and "conservative" labels. Trying to pigeonhole people that way is impossible and divisive.

Old 11-02-2011, 07:30 PM

864 posts, read 402,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTL3000 View Post
Did somebody actually introduce that Zeitgeist crap into the conversation?

I'm sick of this liberal this conservative that BS. All politicians are opportunists that change their views according to which way the wind is blowing each morning.
If you believe that the zeitgeist movies cater to parties or lables you have no idea what you are talking about. You may as well be farting from mouth.

Old 11-02-2011, 07:42 PM

2,097 posts, read 1,997,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muxBuppie View Post
If you believe that the zeitgeist movies cater to parties or lables you have no idea what you are talking about. You may as well be farting from mouth.
The second line has nothing to do with the first.

If you wanna be one of those tin-foil hat wearing types go right ahead. However, I just think it's priceless how this Peter Joseph guy accuses humanity of being unquestioning sheeple and then turns around and expects the viewer to take his viewpoint without the slightest bit of skepticism.

Sure, let the robots take over while we just sit back and relax.

That's some funky tasting Kool Aid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta