Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2011, 06:13 PM

1,352 posts, read 4,374,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban5 View Post
Is the City trying to kick out the group?

Why??

maybe. they keep changing their mind.

and they are talking about kicking them out of that location, at least atm.

why? do you want the PC reason or the real reason?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2011, 06:50 PM

416 posts, read 972,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityrover View Post

why? do you want the PC reason or the real reason?
How about both?

Old 10-16-2011, 06:46 AM

23,464 posts, read 44,074,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
That's not a legitimate source, and a statement from "one occupier" hardly constitues an official statement of demands.
I somehow knew you'd say that...

Occupy Wall Street's List of Demands

Coston's Complaint: Wall Street Occupiers Publish List of Demands

Occupy Wall Street's List of Demands (printable)

Wall Street Occupiers Getting A Bit Rowdy | Three Men On a Boat

The Good, The Bad, and Really Ugly - Wall Street occupiers list of demands

Old 10-16-2011, 08:50 AM

3,573 posts, read 5,308,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
I somehow knew you'd say that...

Occupy Wall Street's List of Demands
Who the heck is Bill Gee?

I looked at this link. You go down to the bottom of the article and the source for this information is the Washington Times, a known far-right tabloid paper NOT to be confused with the Washington Post.

Quote:
Another Bill Gee website. Seriously, who the heck is this guy?

Quote:
I'm skeptical of any information from a website called "Three Men on A Boat".

I'm not even gonna start on this website. I think JPD was looking for legitimate sources of info.

Old 10-16-2011, 11:21 AM

75 posts, read 118,806 times
This is what I like to read. The people have spoken. The Word of God will not let the poor be mislead by witches like Sarah Palin and the Teaparty trying to be racist against Obama.

~Markesha

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
Who the heck is Bill Gee?

I looked at this link. You go down to the bottom of the article and the source for this information is the Washington Times, a known far-right tabloid paper NOT to be confused with the Washington Post.

Another Bill Gee website. Seriously, who the heck is this guy?

I'm skeptical of any information from a website called "Three Men on A Boat".

I'm not even gonna start on this website. I think JPD was looking for legitimate sources of info.

Old 10-16-2011, 01:52 PM

3,573 posts, read 5,308,673 times
I wouldn't go as far as to call Sarah Palin a witch. Misdirected maybe, but definitely not a witch.

Great ideas, not insults is the way to win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkeshaThnx4Lyfe View Post
This is what I like to read. The people have spoken. The Word of God will not let the poor be mislead by witches like Sarah Palin and the Teaparty trying to be racist against Obama.

~Markesha

Old 10-16-2011, 02:16 PM

32,021 posts, read 36,777,542 times
Wow. Here's a guy who says that in terms of household income, 2 of the 10 hardest hit Congressional Districts in the whole United States are right here in the ATL. Most of the others are in Michigan, which is not surprising, but I thought we were supposed to be doing well down here.

Daily Kos: Analyzing 2000-2010 income and poverty changes by Congressional*District

Old 10-16-2011, 04:21 PM

2,047 posts, read 4,619,592 times
I've been saying this since I got here. There's a lot of mythos about money in this town and a lot of folk going bankrupt trying to live up to the height. Mostly it's a chimera as the wages do not keep up with the cost of living here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Wow. Here's a guy who says that in terms of household income, 2 of the 10 hardest hit Congressional Districts in the whole United States are right here in the ATL. Most of the others are in Michigan, which is not surprising, but I thought we were supposed to be doing well down here.

Daily Kos: Analyzing 2000-2010 income and poverty changes by Congressional*District

Old 10-16-2011, 05:56 PM

32,021 posts, read 36,777,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoslynHolcomb View Post
I've been saying this since I got here. There's a lot of mythos about money in this town and a lot of folk going bankrupt trying to live up to the height. Mostly it's a chimera as the wages do not keep up with the cost of living here.
Atlanta has always had a huge amount boosterism.

The press implies it's some sort of Nirvana here but the reality is that things are tough unless you've somehow found the right niche.

It's kind of scary to realize that the worst area is Michigan...and then us!

Old 10-16-2011, 06:31 PM

3,709 posts, read 5,985,671 times
To be fair, the districts on that list are 4 (Central Dekalb & Rockdale) and 13 (Clayton, South Fulton, East Douglas, South Cobb). The article says demographic shifts are the main reasons for these two districts being on the chart, and I think that's valid.

Our overall income stagnation has been a serious problem, but that's not the whole reason these districts show up on the list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta