Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2011, 01:09 PM

714 posts, read 813,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
Prove it using any of the founding documents of this nation.

I dont have time for a dissertation. Lets just say if you dont understand the primacy of The Individual as the fundamental element of the founding documents, and that the Founders HATED Big Intrusive Govt, well, then you are out of your universe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2011, 01:30 PM

32,019 posts, read 36,763,165 times
Risk takers and movers & shakers are hard at work.

Despite transferring hundreds of millions of client dollars into company accounts -- just before the company's collapse -- MF Global CEO (and former Goldman Sachs CEO) John Corzine is still expected to get a $12 million severance package.

But I guess that's chump change for a guy who already has a net worth of around $400 million.

I guess we can sit back and wait for the jobs to start raining down.

Is Jon Corzine going to jail? - The Term Sheet: Fortune's deals blog Term Sheet

Old 11-02-2011, 01:54 PM

261 posts, read 704,857 times
I like our communist roads and sewers.

Old 11-02-2011, 02:07 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,288,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigers84 View Post
Admittedly, Im not familiar with all the freebie govt programs because I dont travel in that world, nor do the people within my BROAD circle.
Nor do I, but I see the value in having at least some knowledge about things that I do not personally experience. I suspect that's the main difference between me and you.

Old 11-02-2011, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Nor do I, but I see the value in having at least some knowledge about things that I do not personally experience. I suspect that's the main difference between me and you.
Ooooh. Another scathing indictment of my inferior persona and intelligence. Yowchie!

Keep plumping up that govie teat so the vamps, leeches and parasites have all they need. The producers will keep providing the sustenance - for now, but not forever, and certainly not for TOO much longer.

Old 11-02-2011, 02:35 PM

3,573 posts, read 5,307,141 times
So true. Conservative-minded people tend to have a knack for not exploring other ideas and cultures that don't fit within their view of the world.

Quote:

Old 11-02-2011, 02:46 PM

32,019 posts, read 36,763,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
So true. Conservative-minded people tend to have a knack for not exploring other ideas and cultures that don't fit within their view of the world.
True, although liberal fruit doesn't fall very far from the tree either. Just yesterday I was talking to a liberal friend and I asked him if he ever read conservative blogs or watched Fox news. He said no, he didn't need to because he knew they were stupid already. He just inherited a bunch of money so it will be interesting to see if his attitudes will change now that he's moving from the receiving to the paying class.

This country has way too many of those polarizing attitudes on both sides of the spectrum.

Old 11-02-2011, 02:51 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,288,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
True, although liberal fruit doesn't fall very far from the tree either. Just yesterday I was talking to a liberal friend and I asked him if he ever read conservative blogs or watched Fox news. He said no, he didn't need to because he knew they were stupid already. He just inherited a bunch of money so it will be interesting to see if his attitudes will change now that he's moving from the receiving to the paying class.
You seem to be saying that liberals are receivers and conservatives are payers. I know you're smarter than that, Arjay.

Old 11-02-2011, 03:24 PM

864 posts, read 1,122,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
I did response to your question, first I pointed it was a loaded question with a Straw man to what I was saying. First the staw man The is the key is more regulation. Taxes and regulation is not the same thing, Poor regulation of financial intuition cause the recession. Taxes is not to help get of out recession it’s to pay for in structure, education, debt and etc. Again “I'm stressing the larger issues conservative having this super irrational hate for the government, that they don't want the government to protect the American public.” me bringing up taxes was an example because there no reason not to tax the rich more conservatives just don’t what the government to do it. Just like conservatives don’t more regulation STOP straw maning my post.

The loaded question I never said taxes was the key to solve the economic crisis but you respond to me with a trick question to something I never said. Also Europe is in there situation because this is a global economy, tied markets and a global crisis that why Europe was hit. “taxes” was irrelevant to bring up. Especially if I said more government regulation was the key.
I still I want a conservative to say the facts The Wealthy is getting Wealthier and The income gap is widening between classes. Before arguing there point, I want a conservative to say there not a reason, to not tax the wealthy more, but rather yall just don’t to do it. Yall got what yall want income taxes are the lowest since the 50s so . Oh yeah George Bush while in office in interview said economy was strong, John McCain while running bash Obama about the prediction of the recession. The mainstream conservative and republican view was just off until the 08 fall.

Huh? Do know what free market means? it's a term referring to the competitive market. Which is not the same thing as a Free market economy a economy that's unregulated by the government. The US is mix Mixed economy. Anyways the point is the market is not going to regulate itself and the market isn't going to build infrastructure and etc for society. Again this isn't a Totalitarianism country if the government leaders do something stupid is because WE put them there. The silliness of fearing the government in a democracy. If the government policies are erred they need to change them, not the government should be absent.

If the Federal reserve over putting money in the market cause inflation, the value of dollar would drop. The error of the recession was the market was over built over speculated. Banks were giving out loans to a demand that didn’t exist. If inflation occur prices will rise because the dollar is weak this has nothing to do with Banks giving loads that's a whole another issue itself. The housing market didn’t crash because the value of the dollar was too low and folks couldn’t buy homes, But the demand for homes were over speculated. The money for the loads couldn’t be given back to the banks. Banks put out irresponsible ricky loads. In fact lets use the term capital, The capital for the loads couldn’t be given back to the banks.

Yes every should pay but base on income.

At one point of the video it said construction companies benfit from the iraq war which sounds too conspicuous, then it frame the Iraq war was faught as if it was a economic benfit to the US which is bull. Then the video gave a positive light to Chávez and the painted US negative. I watch it literally 7:00 to 40:00 and what I got is the overall video is about the US government is victimizing dictators. That they was doing the right things for their people then here comes the American empire type of stuff. Ok...... your not conservative because they believe in extreme american exceptionalism. Also the video mention US cooperation being the ring leaders with the US government. So I'm now confuse over your views all together.

1. You never once asked me my views but I've stated over and over leaned Libertarian and could care less what conservative were saying back in 08.

2.You didn't understand that video if you still think this crises was caused by rich people and evil banks. You don't understand how the banks got the credit/cash/debt/confusion to over speculate on.

I'll suggest this second video by the same people. If you still don't get it I am not sure what else will explain what is going on.

I suggested you start at 6 minutes.

Old 11-02-2011, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post

This country has way too many of those polarizing attitudes on both sides of the spectrum.
Quote:
You seem to be saying that liberals are receivers and conservatives are payers. I know you're smarter than that, Arjay.
It don't get no better than that. A self professed liberal outing his own as receivers/takers/looters/teat suckers, etc. LMAO

The classic liberal mantra: we we are tolerant of all....except those who don't share our agenda, ie conservatives, who must be either stupid, ignorant or both. Indeed, such open mindedness....gag

Meanwhile, they could find a babbling idiot wandering the streets - and if the BI is part of OWS or believes the govt owes them just because, well, because, then they are indeed intelligent and enlightened individuals!

Maybe I will try and experience things from a liberal perspective. Quit my job and forsake my worldly possessions. After a few weeks of being hungry and enduring the elements i might be all for "social justice" aka forced wealth redistribution, and hence decrying the system as "unfair" just because I am a failure....

Or maybe I would maintain my principles and get a job and start working my way back. I certainly hope and believe it would be the latter!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta