U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-05-2011, 02:16 PM
 
2,729 posts, read 711,595 times
Reputation: 7004

Advertisements

Looks like a sister movement to Occupy wall Street is forming:

Occupy Atlanta

Any thoughts about this? Do you think the movement should just focus on Wall Street?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-05-2011, 02:23 PM
 
574 posts, read 1,668,030 times
Reputation: 516
LOL, what is that a white power fist
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-05-2011, 02:51 PM
 
155 posts, read 355,676 times
Reputation: 253
What are their goals? Simply occupying a space with no central point to rally around? Oh, yea, they are mad at how things are going, but don't define what exactly is the rallying point or have any real proposed solutions.

I understand the Occupy WallStreet protest started out against Golden Parachutes and executive compensation, but it now just a bunch of folks that are all mad at the system. They started out with a point and have degenerated into a rag tag group with no focus or direction. Wow, let's rally around that groups of losers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-05-2011, 02:55 PM
JPD
 
12,159 posts, read 15,035,564 times
Reputation: 7906
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpcbd View Post
What are their goals? Simply occupying a space with no central point to rally around? Oh, yea, they are mad at how things are going, but don't define what exactly is the rallying point or have any real proposed solutions.

I understand the Occupy WallStreet protest started out against Golden Parachutes and executive compensation, but it now just a bunch of folks that are all mad at the system. They started out with a point and have degenerated into a rag tag group with no focus or direction. Wow, let's rally around that groups of losers.
That's how all groups are once they reach a certain size.

This Occupy Atlanta thing will have exactly the same impact the Troy Davis protests had a couple weeks ago. Absolutely none whatsoever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-05-2011, 03:14 PM
 
3,260 posts, read 4,663,094 times
Reputation: 1892
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
That's how all groups are once they reach a certain size.

This Occupy Atlanta thing will have exactly the same impact the Troy Davis protests had a couple weeks ago. Absolutely none whatsoever.
I don't know, it could become a left wing version of the tea party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-05-2011, 03:15 PM
 
2,407 posts, read 2,686,915 times
Reputation: 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by testa50 View Post
i don't know, it could become a left wing version of the tea party.
lololololololol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-05-2011, 04:27 PM
 
Location: Denver, CO
208 posts, read 354,679 times
Reputation: 214
That group has nothing to do with the wall street group. That's mostly gay rights.

BTW, I personally think that that woman standing outside the midtown fed reserve with the AK47 looks ready and willing to use it, so I'm staying the heck away
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2011, 06:43 AM
 
Location: Atlanta
3,515 posts, read 4,250,689 times
Reputation: 2280
I welcome any movement that takes apart and then reforms the current banking/financing system that's in place in America now. I also think that there should be a march on the U.S. corporate media as well.

The fact that CNN, ABC, FOX news and all the various subsidiaries of these organizations are not covering the "Occupy Wall Street" protests in any meaningful way is inherent proof of the pervasive corruption in our Constitutional Republic-styled system.

America's "fourth estate" is at risk of being demolished as long as we the people allow the moneychangers to determine what is news and what isn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
Looks like a sister movement to Occupy wall Street is forming:

Occupy Atlanta

Any thoughts about this? Do you think the movement should just focus on Wall Street?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2011, 06:47 PM
 
Location: Watkinsville, GA
381 posts, read 928,463 times
Reputation: 430
Someone wake me up when folks realize that the right wing AND the left wing are bad. Two sides of the same rotten coin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2011, 10:47 PM
 
Location: Mableton, GA USA (NW Atlanta suburb, 4 miles OTP)
11,319 posts, read 22,446,033 times
Reputation: 3882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga Jerk View Post
Someone wake me up when folks realize that the right wing AND the left wing are bad. Two sides of the same rotten coin.
You are absolutely right. That's why I voted for Jesse "The Mind" Ventura way back in the day. He was a good sight better than the governors I've seen both up there and down here since then. And I wish I were joking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:38 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top