U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 06:15 PM

1,988 posts, read 4,635,109 times

Advertisements

Walmart has too many ummmm......... interesting.... people. Funny Pictures at WalMart
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2011, 06:45 PM

2,047 posts, read 3,966,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
I work by this Walmart and its one of the better Walmarts to me. Go to Panola Rd or Gresham Rd Walmart and Ashford-Dunwoody one will seem much better in comparison.
OMG! You've got to be kidding! I'll remember that, and stay the heck out of those.

Old 10-25-2011, 06:56 PM

3,914 posts, read 4,226,004 times
The fun I will have with this one......

Wal-Mart where America shops....some might think only the down-trodden venture.."..not true...go to the one off Windward Pkwy and you will see it is a mix...go to the one off Holcomb Bridge 4 exits South and it's se habla...go to the one off Ga 20 and it's a true Forsyth County mix...go to the one off hwy 9 at midway and you wonder why they put it there...it's like Wal-Mart lite....go to the one at Terrell Mill and 41 and you will be convinced it's not the chain, it's the patrons...this one is as shiitty as the kmart it replaced some time ago...why the folks from Arkansas don't shut this one is beyond me....it's just so bad.....

Good things about Wall-Mart....oil changes....the full synthetic is the best in town....for the record, it's cheaper to run synthetic than regular...costs twice as much but, you go half as often.....the gain? Your time....what is that worth to you....if you go with synthetic, change it every 6-7 thousand miles and voila, your engine will run longer and you will gain 2 to 3 hours back of your time annually not to mention the hassle will be cut in half....

Cheap jeans....hard to get basic jeans and denim cheaper than this....diverted goods or not, need cheap denim, here's your stop....need to spend $200 on true religion? Go to Buckhead next to your BMW or Benz dealer and $25 lunches and there you go....for denim....hey, you can always spend more....your call.....

Throw away plastic to go cups/glasses....just saw a stack of 8 for $1.....

Cheap movie DVD's....sure you might have to burrow through those $5 bins and wrestle a mal-content or two but, there are deals to be had......

After that? The groceries are usually more lame than Ingles or Mr. Patel's convenience store, the lines long, the broken english plentiful and the old guy/gal still handing out buggies....be kind to them."they work harder than 20% of America, show up ON time for work and actually have a smile......

Target? Much nicer overall, the checkout kids usually know how to use the equipment and thepatrons usually have their money, credit card, debit card, or check F'IN READY at checkout without their Sprint Phone going....hear me Chamiqua??? Have your shiite ready...please!!! This world is NOT all about you....but, I digress....

The women usually have fresher makeup and botox and are seldom letting their kids off the leash......after that? The parking is about the same, the lack of help just as scarce, and the chinese goods the same....the textiles? Same....Indonesia or any other country with an endless supply of cheap labor...

Makes you wonder why Haiti can't begin to become THE cheapest maker of clothes...go figure....

Want a better shopping experience? Go to a high end retailer and pay more. That or go online.....

Old 10-25-2011, 07:27 PM

453 posts, read 679,128 times
Not sure I would trust Walmart mechanics to change the synthetic oil on my car. Too many horror stories about stripped sump plug threads/invalidated warrenties etc. Same applies to Jiffy lube.

If you can pay for Mobil 1 etc its worth a half hour labour of decent shops time IMHO. Or do it your self.

Old 10-25-2011, 07:36 PM

5,207 posts, read 6,202,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeStudentinAtl View Post
I was wondering why Walmart is not that big in the Atlanta metro

People seem to chose targert or publix over wal mart in metro Atlanta. I was wondering why? Because all the place I have been too, Will chose wally world over anything.

Also its not that many
Lol stupid

Old 10-25-2011, 07:37 PM

3,914 posts, read 4,226,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpatlanta View Post
Not sure I would trust Walmart mechanics to change the synthetic oil on my car. Too many horror stories about stripped sump plug threads/invalidated warrenties etc. Same applies to Jiffy lube.

If you can pay for Mobil 1 etc its worth a half hour labour of decent shops time IMHO. Or do it your self.
I do both....the trucks I change myself...the car? I let them and I watch them and make real sure they know I am watching them

Old 10-25-2011, 08:14 PM

5,207 posts, read 6,202,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpatlanta View Post
As others have said having Walmart in an area brings similar traffic to what one finds outside a crackhouse/methlab. They are hardly competing with Wholefoods for traffic. I don't know one person who would be seen dead in any Walmart and all would always go to Target instead if they needed some chinese made junk. In Atlanta most nicer neighbourhoods do all they can to not let this trash company open up one of their stores as they know its a surefire way to ruin an area.

This is why generally Walmarts are built/do well out in the exurbs with customers from the local trailer parks who are not so picky about their local stores

I also think its long term its not a good idea to eat the crap food they sell but thats a different conversation.
I wish Atlanta had more uppity snobs like you. Sadly that is not the case & a firm like Wal Mart can do a lot of business in Atlanta.

Old 10-25-2011, 08:16 PM

6 posts, read 13,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
Walmarts are like nasty people magnets.

You can build one in Beverly Hills, the upper East Side, or Buckingham Palace. Nasty people are going to find it an flock to it.

It's a phenomenon that has puzzled physicists for decades!!!!

It's also why communities tend to fight so hard against having a Walmart in their neighborhood.

Of course, some are naturally worse than others. For example, the Walmart on Windward Parkway in Alpharetta is quite nice, but you will still see lots of shoppers there that make you wonder, "How far did you commute to come to Walmart?????"

AcidSnake, I once had an experience at a 24 hour Walmart where I was buying a basket full of groceries after my shift at work. It was like 1am when I was finished, and ONLY the self checkout lanes were open. I wasn't about to scan and bag my own groceries because I don't know how to look up produce codes and things like that. So I went up to the person manning the self checkouts and said, "You see that big bag of groceries? Unless you get someone to operate a cash register and help me out, I'm leaving it there for you guys to put every item back on the shelves. Which do you think would be faster?" So she opened a line for me. I know it was a total jerk move on my part, but I felt like I was being treated as a second class citizen just because I was shopping during the late hours. I have had many occasions where I have simply left my items at the fronts of the store after seeing the lines. At some point you figure out how much your time is worth, but there will always be people willing to wait to save money. Walmart is very savvy and it's all capitalism. If they ever decide they are losing more money than they are making with this approach, it will change. Until then, no amount of complaining will matter.
I completely agree about the Walmart on Windward. I live not too far from it, and this past year I've been shopping at Kroger and Costco, even going up to the Walmart on exit 12. I can't stand how busy Walmart is, you're always bumping in to someone and what not. I'll admit I like how Walmart is a "one-stop-shop" but it's not worth. Plus it's not even open 24/7...it closes at midnight every night.

Old 10-25-2011, 09:24 PM

4,369 posts, read 6,039,933 times
I'm assuming the Wal Mart that close at midnight are non supercenters?

I haven't been to Wal Mart in months. I stick to Kroger or Publix. Its way too much of a hassle to get into Wal Mart during the daytime and as everyone else says, the checkout times are ridiculous. It was fine when I came to shop in the early morning hours after work but during the daytime it is a nightmare with the amount of customers. Not worth the headache.

The Wal Mart on Panola is not that bad. Main issue that it is overcapacity with customers. Before, everyone had to drive all the way to Conyers to shop (another reason I avoided it). Now, most of South Dekalb visits the one on Panola since its the most convenient which leads to the horrible lines and mess of a store.

Old 10-25-2011, 09:56 PM

2,069 posts, read 3,505,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Reasons I prefer Target over Walmart.

1. More than 1 checkout line open. Don't have to wait forever. (Walmart has more lines in the store, but they are only used on days like black friday, all other days ONLY 1 or 2 are open).

2. Less overloaded families with screaming kids running around (more pleasant shopping experience).

3. Their stuff is cheap because you get what you pay for.
4. Wider aisles

5. Better lighting

6. No claustrophobia-inducing shelves stacked to the ceiling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta