U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 10:44 PM

4,983 posts, read 2,773,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKCorey View Post
I'm assuming the Wal Mart that close at midnight are non supercenters?
No they are, but all of the intown ones close early.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2011, 11:19 PM

4,341 posts, read 6,012,816 times
Gotcha.

I just checked the site, I never knew that Supercenters closed at all. I just learned something new on that note.

I knew the one in Tucker closed at midnight but thats the only non Supercenter that I've run into in years.

Old 10-26-2011, 04:44 AM

570 posts, read 840,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoslynHolcomb View Post
I go to Target mostly because my nearest Walmart--Ashford-Dunwoody, is without a doubt the worst Walmart in the history of the chain.
Agreed... That WM is downright despicable. I used to work right down the street from it on Ashford, went there a couple times, and it was the WORST.

The only other decent choice in the area at midnight was the Kroger on Chamblee-Dunwoody, so I started going there.

Old 10-26-2011, 06:52 AM

425 posts, read 1,585,292 times
Actually that particular Target feels very "Wal-Mart-ish" when compared to the one in Prado. Also a similar comparison can be made when comparing the two Taco Mac locations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
And your nearest Target is one of THE nicest I've ever been in.

Old 10-27-2011, 04:17 PM

3,694 posts, read 3,276,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billl View Post
4. Wider aisles
Amen! Wal-mart put in a very nice Super Center in Blairsville. It almost was enough to make me forget how much I hate Wal-mart. Clean, wide aisles, friendly service and other than the fact that I can't find anything made in the US there, it wasn't too bad...

Now.. they are cluttering up the big wide aisles with pallets of crap and junk. Long waits at the check-outs. I'm back to avoiding it if at all possible.

Old 10-29-2011, 01:09 PM

2,374 posts, read 3,726,997 times
USA Today - about Walmart cutting back the hours at some of its stores

Is the clock ticking on 24-hour retail service?

Old 10-29-2011, 08:39 PM

3,129 posts, read 5,297,192 times
WAL-MART sucks!

Old 10-29-2011, 10:46 PM

3,515 posts, read 4,249,391 times
I went to the Wal-Mart on Gresham road in South Dekalb around 1pm today. I counted at least 22 checkout lines;Only 8 of them staffed and as you can guess the lines were crazy long.

WTF Wal-Mart, WTF!?!

Why can't they replace some of the lanes with self-checkout machines? Is the storemanager strung out on crack/powdered cocaine in the office?

As much as Wal-Mart consistently tries to find ways to cut costs and streamline its operations you would think that adding a self-checkout machine or two would be a no-brainer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKCorey View Post
I'm assuming the Wal Mart that close at midnight are non supercenters?

I haven't been to Wal Mart in months. I stick to Kroger or Publix. Its way too much of a hassle to get into Wal Mart during the daytime and as everyone else says, the checkout times are ridiculous. It was fine when I came to shop in the early morning hours after work but during the daytime it is a nightmare with the amount of customers. Not worth the headache.

The Wal Mart on Panola is not that bad. Main issue that it is overcapacity with customers. Before, everyone had to drive all the way to Conyers to shop (another reason I avoided it). Now, most of South Dekalb visits the one on Panola since its the most convenient which leads to the horrible lines and mess of a store.

Old 10-30-2011, 01:13 PM

1,258 posts, read 2,074,684 times
Me personally...Target and Wal-Mart both suck. But when I have no choice, I avoid Wal-Mart at all costs.
1. Their stores are dingy and just plain nasty
2. I don't know what they've done, but the last couple times I've gone there I can't even find stuff I'm looking for...The whole point of Wal-Mart was that they had everything, apparently their new strategy is that they cannot really offer much lower prices on stuff, and they cannot offer any more of a selection than you find everywhere else...so whats the point?
3. Just the little bit of a concious I have...I realize all the other retailers aren't all that much better, but Wal-Mart is just a special kind of evil. I mean 1/2 the worlds 10 richest people in the world list is populated by Wal-Mart people...Yet they treat their employees like absolute worthless garbage. I mean seriousely...You are worth, combined, probably over a hundred billion dollars and your company is constantly in the news for just plain mean, nasty, crappy treatment of your workers....???

I don't see how anyone with a sould can shop at Wal-Mart except when they absolutely have to!

Old 10-30-2011, 01:38 PM

225 posts, read 299,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAisGreat View Post
Me personally...Target and Wal-Mart both suck. But when I have no choice, I avoid Wal-Mart at all costs.
1. Their stores are dingy and just plain nasty
2. I don't know what they've done, but the last couple times I've gone there I can't even find stuff I'm looking for...The whole point of Wal-Mart was that they had everything, apparently their new strategy is that they cannot really offer much lower prices on stuff, and they cannot offer any more of a selection than you find everywhere else...so whats the point?
3. Just the little bit of a concious I have...I realize all the other retailers aren't all that much better, but Wal-Mart is just a special kind of evil. I mean 1/2 the worlds 10 richest people in the world list is populated by Wal-Mart people...Yet they treat their employees like absolute worthless garbage. I mean seriousely...You are worth, combined, probably over a hundred billion dollars and your company is constantly in the news for just plain mean, nasty, crappy treatment of your workers....???

I don't see how anyone with a sould can shop at Wal-Mart except when they absolutely have to!
I think it really has to do with geography and what area of the country you are in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta