Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 12:22 PM

4,688 posts, read 8,017,508 times

Advertisements

So these buses arent ghetto like Greyhound?

Do you think the low class people will ruin these buses?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2011, 12:57 PM

I was just thinking, this is a great idea. This is going to help the local economy so much. It's plenty of people in those cities that will be happy to come to Atlanta on the weekends. Hell I might check out the bus trips to Charlotte and Orlando. The stop is downtown near all the hotels. Great business plan!

Old 10-30-2011, 01:05 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,706,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
So these buses arent ghetto like Greyhound?

Do you think the low class people will ruin these buses?
Naw and the busses are normally newer compared to the Greyhound and Peter Pan ones plus the wifi and other features.

Sure, it will have the same class as passengers but its just an overall better experience and I doubt the word will get out about MegaBus as quickly here. Most folks will stick with what they know with Greyhound.

I noticed in the press release, its the normal coach here not the double decker like Baltimore to NYC.

Old 10-30-2011, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKCorey View Post
Naw and the busses are normally newer compared to the Greyhound and Peter Pan ones plus the wifi and other features.

Sure, it will have the same class as passengers but its just an overall better experience and I doubt the word will get out about MegaBus as quickly here. Most folks will stick with what they know with Greyhound.

I noticed in the press release, its the normal coach here not the double decker like Baltimore to NYC.
Yeah, I can see them upgrading to the double decker bus depending on the demand for them but I'm sure the demand is much greater in the Northeast verses the south

Old 10-30-2011, 01:47 PM

Yea, demand and they have to get their name out to the market. I doubt, many people have heard of them at all.

Old 10-30-2011, 03:21 PM

2,590 posts, read 4,529,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKCorey View Post

When I lived in NYC it seemed like buses like this were pretty popular with middle class people. Maybe that's because fewer people owned cars up there or maybe they just don't like the hassle that goes along with driving in the NE(tolls, parking, etc.). Greyhound is a different story though. Talk about some hard luck stories...

Old 10-30-2011, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTL3000 View Post
When I lived in NYC it seemed like buses like this were pretty popular with middle class people. Maybe that's because fewer people owned cars up there or maybe they just don't like the hassle that goes along with driving in the NE(tolls, parking, etc.). Greyhound is a different story though. Talk about some hard luck stories...
I would agree with that point. I know, plenty of people who use it for weekend trips to NYC.

Megabus seems to be for spur of the moment trips kind of service for people. The price always beats toll and gas.

Atleast, in Baltimore, the stop is kind of far out, if you don't have a car. It's at a MTA parking ride lot for 1 part of their service and behind the mall for other cities but its still inconvenient compared to the Greyhound station even with its terrible new location in downtown Baltimore.

Old 10-30-2011, 03:54 PM

16,683 posts, read 29,499,000 times
http://us.megabus.com/routemap.aspx

Old 10-31-2011, 12:46 AM

840 posts, read 2,085,417 times
The stop here in Atlanta is convenient its at the Civic Center MARTA Station.

Old 10-31-2011, 06:44 PM

16,683 posts, read 29,499,000 times
Megabus offers 10,000 free seats to/from Atlanta *| ajc.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta