Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2011, 08:30 PM

4,688 posts, read 7,994,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars&StripesForever View Post
It sounds to me like you and your female friends are a bit picky.
Yep...she want a guy that is 7'3, a millionaire, with a six pack, 799 credit score, a phd with no grey hairs. I'm sure plenty of guys would have married her but she dissed them because he didnt have no swag, short, fat, etc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2011, 09:59 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,006,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
To the OP,

I am a female. I moved to Atlanta when I was 24. I am now 38 , I'm still single and can't find anyone. I've been alone pretty much most of the time I've been here. Sure I've dated here and there but nothing ever blossomed into anything long-term. Most of my female friends, all accomplished, educated and gainfully employed who also moved here in their 20's and are now in their 30's are still single as well.
Sounds to me like you're simply meeting the wrong guys. Where do you guys look?

Old 12-05-2011, 10:43 PM

3,421 posts, read 5,197,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolChevy View Post
LOL...sounds like someone is waiting for that knight in shining armor to swoop down and save the damsel in distress. But when the sword maker's son comes by with good intentions it's "oh girl he broke"....or "he's just too lame"......... I love women like that. They're like walking stereotypes.

And the guys who just try to get in the pants of females like those are the smart ones IMO. A smart dude on his grind is not going to wife up somebody like that. A female like that has bitter, nagging, and just overall attitude written all over it. No thanks...lol

I'm not picky. I have been open to dating all kinds of men. I personally don't care about a guy's occupation as long as he's hard working, mature and responsible with what he has. I work hard every day and handle my responsibilities and I expect the same in a partner. That's just basic and what is called being a grown-up.

But it's hard to be picky when you don't have men approaching you in the first place. I NEVER get asked out by anyone.

Old 12-05-2011, 10:51 PM

Quote:
I'm not picky. I have been open to dating all kinds of men. I personally don't care about a guy's occupation as long as he's hard working, mature and responsible with what he has. I work hard every day and handle my responsibilities and I expect the same in a partner. That's just basic and what is called being a grown-up.

But it's hard to be picky when you don't have men approaching you in the first place. I NEVER get asked out by anyone.
If you're good looking, a lot of "nice guys" will be intimidated, or will simply assume you're already taken.

Old 12-05-2011, 10:52 PM

3,421 posts, read 5,197,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
Sounds to me like you're simply meeting the wrong guys. Where do you guys look?
I see every day I set foot outside my door as an opportunity and possibility to meet someone.

I go different places and do different things. We don't hang out in specific places all the time. We go different places. I've even asked friends if they could fix me up with anyone to which the always reply that they don't know anyone they could fix me up with--yet they always say I'm so beautiful with a nice personality and they don't understand why I'm alone.

Old 12-06-2011, 04:57 AM

2,399 posts, read 4,202,016 times
Quote:
I see every day I set foot outside my door as an opportunity and possibility to meet someone.

I go different places and do different things. We don't hang out in specific places all the time. We go different places. I've even asked friends if they could fix me up with anyone to which the always reply that they don't know anyone they could fix me up with--yet they always say I'm so beautiful with a nice personality and they don't understand why I'm alone.
Have you tried church singles groups?

Perhaps singles events through events and adventures, just saying.

Old 12-06-2011, 10:54 AM

73 posts, read 154,541 times
Quote:

Sounds like they're all lying. Your friends know what's up but are unwilling to tell you. This is the advisable tactic for women who display "well poisoning" behaviors.

Old 12-06-2011, 01:03 PM

221 posts, read 429,833 times
any woman that cant find a man in atlanta has serious problems.

Old 12-06-2011, 02:28 PM

Quote:

It's sounds like you have the right attitude, and I can understand it being quite frustrating.

I have a lot of professional male friends (mostly in the Twin Cities, though, not down here) who are in their 40's or even 50's and still single, and it's not for lack of looks or character. Or money. Most of them just don't "get out" all that often. A few are simply not looking, which is cool, but many would love to meet someone to settle down with. Hard to do when you're working long hours and living in your own house ... no apartment neighbors to run into at random anymore. So for them it comes down to random encounters in the grocery store or whatever, or specific meetups either on or offline.

Old 12-06-2011, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocNY View Post
any woman that cant find a man in atlanta has serious problems.
Yeah, but finding man is just like finding a woman ... it's easy to just find someone to hook up with, but finding someone actually worth more time? That can be a lot harder.

I've always been curious about "speed dating" where you get a few minutes with several people just to chat and get first impressions. I could see that working in some cases...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta