U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-06-2011, 10:13 PM

4,688 posts, read 3,551,190 times

Advertisements

If I was a woman I would go to sports bars on Saturday for college football and on Sunday for the NFL if you want men to hit on you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2011, 10:58 PM

34 posts, read 31,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midtown mile girl View Post
Okay,
I look at coffee places, restaurants (I eat dinner at the bar), the museum, the park, the grocery store, etc. I see lots of guys in thier 40's, but they always seem to pick up the young skinny trendy long haired women. I am a short curvy 43 year old, what do men have against short, curvy women?
I think it depends on which part of you is curved..... Are you curved in the front or the back?

Old 12-07-2011, 11:23 AM

4,688 posts, read 3,551,190 times
Thoughts?

Old 12-07-2011, 12:34 PM

1,013 posts, read 964,604 times
Every bar that I am in has a tv screen with espn playing, so every bar is a sports bar, in a way.

Old 12-07-2011, 07:48 PM

1,158 posts, read 684,760 times
Dating definitely doesn't suck for me, but I'm gay so that's a little different lol.

Old 12-08-2011, 09:37 PM

772 posts, read 652,549 times
Yes I will admit if you're gay (male or female) dating is easier here :-)

Old 12-08-2011, 10:26 PM

864 posts, read 401,384 times
I have question. Is there a LGBT body language or something that lets a LGBT person another person is LGBT?

Old 12-09-2011, 03:23 AM

37 posts, read 34,098 times
When I lived in the south Atlanta area, I'd go out usually once a week or so and I was able to meet women. They may have not been women I necessarily liked or women that I dated for long, but I met them nonetheless. I also met alot of women off the internet back when I was single and looking online while there. I met alot of women who played so many games it wasn't funny. I was always the serious minded guy who wanted a relationship and then marriage one day but with no kids type of man. I never brought that up right away of course, hehe.

I recall one time I was in an area near Jonesboro (about 25 minutes south of downtown ATL) and I was playing pool in a bar alone. I normally did most activities by myself back then and sometimes with a friend if I could get them while they weren't busy. One night I got real lucky and this fine gorgeous woman started playing pool with me (after asking if it was okay) and we went on a couple of dates after that.

So sometimes the woman has to take the initiative, other times not. I know that I was also shy/not open to new people so I would expect a woman to talk to me enough to get me to open up more.

Old 12-09-2011, 05:31 AM

1,158 posts, read 684,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muxBuppie View Post
I have question. Is there a LGBT body language or something that lets a LGBT person another person is LGBT?
If it's a cold approach to a stranger where you aren't sure of their sexuality generally eye contact is how you indicate interest. If the other person holds a gaze with you longer than a casual passerby would, that's an indication they are interested as well.

Of course, I don't normally approach many people this way as that kind of thing is definitely not all that reliable, and if you stare at the wrong person it may sometimes not go over well. I much prefer either meeting people online or at gay themed venues so there's no guesswork.

Old 12-09-2011, 01:32 PM

1,853 posts, read 793,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
You can thank the feminist movement for this. Women wanted equal rights and now this is what you get. These divorce laws are unfair and until they are straighten out the dating scene for women will get worse. Men are not ready to sign up for marriage knowing she will have the power to divorce us for any reason. Most women file for divorce which mean they will get a free child support check, the house, some of our 401k, alimony in some states, etc. Men are not ready to sign up for that. Plus women these days are not like the women back in our parents days. Today's women cant cook a real meal, too many tattoos, weave, and they have horrible entitlements. There are a few good women out there but today is a different day. Do you know why people used to be married for 30+ years back in the day? The man worked and the wife stayed at home. This worked because each person knew their role. For the most part, families that have a stay at home wife have longer marriages than if the woman makes more money or they both are working.The feminist movement ruined this and this is why the divorce rate is so high. If you want the marriage rates to increase you need to let the gov know that today's guys are not trying to sign up for this deal. We are not trying to sign away our rights especially if we have assets and a great career. Ladies you want to get married? Here are a few tips for you. Stay in the gym. Men do not want to marry a fat slob. Learn how to cook real meals. Do not argue and test your man all the time. Don't use sex as a weapon. Give your husband sex when he wants it. He will give you money when you want it and you should give him sex. Also ladies pick better men when you are dating. Do not date the bad boys first, have a baby by them and then ask "where the good men are?" when the "good guys" do not want to take care of kids that are not his. Your best years are between the ages of 25-30. You need to try to get married b4 you are 30 b4 the wrinkles kick in. When guys hit 30, a lot of us want younger women. Most men if they are in the mid 30s would rather marry someone younger than someone who is his age. These are the real reasons why guys today are not in a hurry to marry in Atlanta and in most large American cities.
Blunt but alot of truth in that. I'll probably say alot of men are also pretty bitter when it comes to meeting women in general, this bad boy image is usually but hurt male syndrome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta