Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2011, 02:38 PM

4,688 posts, read 8,020,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocny View Post
any woman that cant find a man in atlanta has serious problems.
x2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2011, 04:01 PM

1,228 posts, read 2,389,305 times
Okay,
I look at coffee places, restaurants (I eat dinner at the bar), the museum, the park, the grocery store, etc. I see lots of guys in thier 40's, but they always seem to pick up the young skinny trendy long haired women. I am a short curvy 43 year old, what do men have against short, curvy women?

Old 12-06-2011, 04:03 PM

444 posts, read 703,593 times
Quote:
Why Does Dating Suck In Metro Atlanta areas?
Dating sucks everywhere these days...END.

Old 12-06-2011, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midtown mile girl View Post
Okay,
I look at coffee places, restaurants (I eat dinner at the bar), the museum, the park, the grocery store, etc. I see lots of guys in thier 40's, but they always seem to pick up the young skinny trendy long haired women. I am a short curvy 43 year old, what do men have against short, curvy women?
That's just how is it. Men are judged by how much money we make and women are judged their beauty. The more money a man makes the younger his wife will be. If a 40 year old man had a choice between dating a 40 year old vs a 25 year old he is going to pick the chick that is 25. Your prime years are between the ages of 25-30. It is extremely important for women to cash in on their looks during this period and try to get married. If you look back at your life you probably had your best years between 25-30 because you were young. No disrepect men generally like skinny women with long hair just like women like tall men that are fit. That's just how it is. Once you reach 30 you begin to lose your looks unless you stay in the gym and be healthy. When you are over 30 you are now competing against the women who are under 30. It's amazing how life works. Women have the advantage when they are young, doing out on dates, getting free drinks at the bar, shooting down men left and right. This begins to slowly start to end once u hit 30. Now the men have the power because most of those same women see the clock beginning to tick. Men of today generally are not ready financially to start a family we are in our mid 30s. By that time men that have options will marry someone young and cute. I recommend you going to the gym and growing your hair longer. Remember you are competing just like all the other women for men. Another thing the marriage laws have made it so that men are scared to marry. We are not.ready to risk everything we worked hard for in a no fault divorce. If you want the marriage rates to increase again u need to get the gov to make these divorce laws fair. As long as men continue to see men get taken to the cleaners in divorce court marriage rates will continue to decrease. Sorry about any spelling mistakes I'm typing on my phone. This issue is day bigger than the city of atl. Marriages rates are decreasing in every major city in America

Old 12-06-2011, 07:16 PM

439 posts, read 852,694 times
Yea, and then pre-nups were invented, right? Dude, if you do not want to be married, do not be. Do not make up excuses. Sorry ones at that. On and by the way, you make grammar mistakes and misspellings all the time. END.

Old 12-06-2011, 07:18 PM

1,228 posts, read 2,389,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
That's just how is it. Men are judged by how much money we make and women are judged their beauty. The more money a man makes the younger his wife will be. If a 40 year old man had a choice between dating a 40 year old vs a 25 year old he is going to pick the chick that is 25. Your prime years are between the ages of 25-30. It is extremely important for women to cash in on their looks during this period and try to get married. If you look back at your life you probably had your best years between 25-30 because you were young. No disrepect men generally like skinny women with long hair just like women like tall men that are fit. That's just how it is. Once you reach 30 you begin to lose your looks unless you stay in the gym and be healthy. When you are over 30 you are now competing against the women who are under 30. It's amazing how life works. Women have the advantage when they are young, doing out on dates, getting free drinks at the bar, shooting down men left and right. This begins to slowly start to end once u hit 30. Now the men have the power because most of those same women see the clock beginning to tick. Men of today generally are not ready financially to start a family we are in our mid 30s. By that time men that have options will marry someone young and cute. I recommend you going to the gym and growing your hair longer. Remember you are competing just like all the other women for men. Another thing the marriage laws have made it so that men are scared to marry. We are not.ready to risk everything we worked hard for in a no fault divorce. If you want the marriage rates to increase again u need to get the gov to make these divorce laws fair. As long as men continue to see men get taken to the cleaners in divorce court marriage rates will continue to decrease. Sorry about any spelling mistakes I'm typing on my phone. This issue is day bigger than the city of atl. Marriages rates are decreasing in every major city in America
Hey, I didn't say I was fat; just curvy. Heck, I work out 5 times a week, and young guys (early twenties) flirt with me-I'm just trying to figure out what's with guys my age.

Old 12-06-2011, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Hey, I didn't say I was fat; just curvy. Heck, I work out 5 times a week, and young guys (early twenties) flirt with me-I'm just trying to figure out what's with guys my age.
. I'm about to tell you the real deal.

Younger guys flirt with you because they think older women are easier. I'm assuming you are white. Most white guys like skinny women. Generally black guys like curvy women. If you want to attract white guys you need to get to the skinny category. Not trying to be disrepectful but I'm just telling you how it is and how men think since im a male. The men in your age group generally just want to rub on younger skin

Old 12-06-2011, 07:49 PM

2,324 posts, read 2,906,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ada.junila View Post
I am a college student who commutes and is living in Austell.

I find that when I am in downtown atlanta, I get approached more often, but when I am in my city, I am less frequently approached. I used to be on dating websites, real HEAVY, I mean every website, you name it I have been on there.
But I just recently deleted all of those websites and stuck to the normal twitter/facebook.

Now, I was wondering if anyone knew a solution to this. My university has events where I can meet people and have fun, but my university is known for just partying,sex, and no relationships.

I am an attractive and sociable person but I don't want to have to always take 30-50 min (depending on traffic) drive to go to Atlanta to mingle with some men and get approached.

Are there any venues or places in the Cobb County area where people of 21+ hang out and meet each other and have fun? Im not talking about "club nights" , but genuine places that I can meet like minded individuals?
I'm a guy in my 30's, average looking, but a positive attitude. Get a part time job. I used to have one at (grocery chain to remain unnamed) and would chat with a few women every time I worked. Sometimes I didn't even start the conversation. After awhile I recognized the regulars and there was mutual interest to get to know one another.

It doesn't even have to be a job or at a supermarket - just put yourself out there, around the same people repetitively, BE POSITIVE AND TALK TO EVERYONE.

Old 12-06-2011, 07:50 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,100,952 times
Quote:

Short and curvy? Umm, yes please.
Not sure what's wrong with the older guys, but short and curvy sounds like a winner in my book. This 20 something would probably flirt with you too if he saw you at a restaurant bar eating by yourself.

Old 12-06-2011, 07:54 PM

439 posts, read 852,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midtpark, the grocery store, etcown mile girl View Post
Okay,
I look at coffee places, restaurants (I eat dinner at the bar), the museum, the . I see lots of guys in thier 40's, but they always seem to pick up the young skinny trendy long haired women. I am a short curvy 43 year old, what do men have against short, curvy women?
Do look for men at all those places or do you look for men to pursue you at those places?

Overall, I do not find American men to be overall aggressive in pursuing women. I must say men looking to 'score' are not going to go for someone who wants a relationship.

Besides, when you say 'curvy' what does that mean? I noticed in Atlanta women state they are curvy when they are actually overweight and sometimes grossly so. I also witnessed women who are heavy call a normal, healthy weight and fit woman 'skinny', 'little' and even anorexic. I think the body image of people here are skewed, it is like they lost their common sense and cant tell a healthy body weight from an unhealthy one. So try to find another perspective on how you see things and how things actually are. Ask for a men's perspective or someone who is not your close friend who can be un-biased. Ask someone who can SEE you. No one can see you on a forum. I do not think age is an issue if you do not LOOK your age or look older than 43. If you are healthy, in shape and take care of yourself you will become more attractive to yourself and others. I have known women who dated at all ages and were in long term relationships at all ages but I must say they were full of life, physically active and took great care of themselves.

Restaurants, coffee shops, grocery stores and museums are not places where men will necessarily approach women. IMO, those are places people go with a companion and are not necessarily looking out for a mate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta