U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-05-2012, 02:57 PM
JPD
 
12,159 posts, read 15,062,115 times
Reputation: 7906

Advertisements

I wouldn't lease a Chevy anything for any amount of momney.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-05-2012, 03:05 PM
 
Location: Marietta, GA
7,846 posts, read 14,878,189 times
Reputation: 3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
I wouldn't lease a Chevy anything for any amount of momney.
That is something we can agree upon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2012, 03:16 PM
 
1,755 posts, read 5,019,749 times
Reputation: 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
Beats sending money to the middle east.
Canada and Mexico 1 and 2, Saudi Arabia 3, Venezuela 4, Nigeira 5

Though, doesn't really matter. This past year the U.S. exported more than it kept.

Don't know why people buy into this energy independence b/s. Oil is sold on the open market just like everything else. We could be the largest supplier in the world and it wouldn't affect gas prices that much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2012, 04:36 PM
 
Location: Southeast, where else?
3,914 posts, read 4,220,885 times
Reputation: 5802
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehoez View Post

Would you lease a Chevy Volt​ for $349 a month?


Uh...nope....next question....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2012, 04:40 PM
 
2,407 posts, read 2,691,698 times
Reputation: 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
Beats sending money to the middle east.
I agree with that, but not the assertion that you are helping the environment by purchasing one of these vehicles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2012, 05:08 PM
 
1,755 posts, read 5,019,749 times
Reputation: 551
We just bought a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4 V8, think it's 18mpg. I'm an evil gas guzzler and a pro American (govt motors) Union supporter at the same time. Damn politics, I can't figure out if I'm good or bad?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2012, 06:42 PM
 
268 posts, read 547,912 times
Reputation: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt6974a View Post
Though, doesn't really matter. This past year the U.S. exported more than it kept.
BS Alert! We are a massive net importer of crude oil.

The very slight net export of refined products is a minor footnote by comparison, and strictly indicative of the weak dollar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2012, 07:13 AM
JPD
 
12,159 posts, read 15,062,115 times
Reputation: 7906
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt6974a View Post
Canada and Mexico 1 and 2, Saudi Arabia 3, Venezuela 4, Nigeira 5

Though, doesn't really matter. This past year the U.S. exported more than it kept.

Don't know why people buy into this energy independence b/s. Oil is sold on the open market just like everything else. We could be the largest supplier in the world and it wouldn't affect gas prices that much.
True, which is why the "Drill Here, Drill Now, Save Money" crowd are a bunch of buffoons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2012, 07:15 AM
JPD
 
12,159 posts, read 15,062,115 times
Reputation: 7906
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcorndog View Post
I agree with that, but not the assertion that you are helping the environment by purchasing one of these vehicles.
I never made that assertion, although on balance, an electric car is more environmentally friendly than a gasoline powered car, when you factor in all the environmental damage associated with the production and transport of oil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2012, 07:21 AM
 
Location: Marietta, GA
7,846 posts, read 14,878,189 times
Reputation: 3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
I never made that assertion, although on balance, an electric car is more environmentally friendly than a gasoline powered car, when you factor in all the environmental damage associated with the production and transport of oil.
Is that really the case when you factor in oil, coal, and gas fired power plants and the increased stress on the power grid should everyone buy electric plug in cars?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top