Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 06:05 AM

172 posts, read 393,645 times

Advertisements

Is the area dead at night? Yep. Are there lots of homeless people? Sure. Is it some sort of war zone requiring weapons to travel? That is so ridiculous it's not even funny as hyperbole.

I've lived Downtown south of the 5 points intersection since 2003. I don't own a car, so I have walked this area pretty much every working day for the last 8 or so years and also done my share of late-night walking on the weekends. Never had a single incident in that massive sample size.

Old 11-08-2011, 06:21 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,739,491 times
How is downtown ATL "scary"? I liked Atlanta downtown there is always something to do up there. Wish I could move there

Old 11-08-2011, 08:05 AM

112 posts, read 171,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
You are referencing a very thin strip between carnegie way and harris on peachtree. That is not exactly an inclusive look at downtown. Take marietta street/edgewood as the DMZ. South of that, bring an uzi with spare mags as no one cares below five points. Take anything 3 blocks west of the intersection you reference and 3 blocks east and let the richochets fly.....meehans? Smells like a wet dishrag when you walk in....that or sour milk....downtown? Laughabke but, survivable if you pay atention....
Laughable.

Old 11-08-2011, 04:47 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,794,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RZaakir View Post
Is the area dead at night? Yep. Are there lots of homeless people? Sure. Is it some sort of war zone requiring weapons to travel? That is so ridiculous it's not even funny as hyperbole.

I've lived Downtown south of the 5 points intersection since 2003. I don't own a car, so I have walked this area pretty much every working day for the last 8 or so years and also done my share of late-night walking on the weekends. Never had a single incident in that massive sample size.
Suburbanite's wanting a city to look like suburbs!

Old 11-08-2011, 06:05 PM

37,881 posts, read 41,933,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
Suburbanite's wanting a city to look like suburbs!
Not suburban, but just cleaner.

I know some people overblow stuff, but we also can't go to the other extreme and act as though there's no truth whatsoever to what they're saying either.

Old 11-08-2011, 06:38 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,228,742 times
Okay safe ones....explain this.......

Atlanta, GA Crime Map - Showing Crimes in Atlanta - Crime Statistics, Alerts and Reports - Crime Stops Here

Now tell me slick, how good can it be? Now that is laughable....i suppose if no one is shot, today, it's a good neighborhood in your eyes....you are dillusional....read the stats...they don't lie....will you die? Probably not but, if you are a betting man and you like to gamble with your life, one would at least say your odds are diminished in this fine example of an urban downtown.....laughable....laughable......it's so good, we need bobbies, right? Laughable......laughable....

Old 11-08-2011, 06:39 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,794,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Not suburban, but just cleaner.

I know some people overblow stuff, but we also can't go to the other extreme and act as though there's no truth whatsoever to what they're saying either.
I dont believe I have been to the extreme.What I do know is that results are born out of action and as I said before :"If Atlanta was as bad as some say,it would reflect it by people moving AWAY...not IN.

Old 11-08-2011, 06:45 PM

He's some more oh optimistic head in the sand ones......

Mapping Atlanta’s Crime Activity: Lessons Learned – The Ushahidi Blog

Just google it.......i guess if you don't get shot it's a wonderful neighborhood that you can leave your wallets out, ignore the wildlife and strooooolll about underground without worry......please....if you think that you are either an idiot or a statistic waiting to happen. In fact, because it is sooooo safe, if and when you get clipped do us all a favor and just walk to grady....keep up that stiff and probably swollen lip up and just say it's just one of those things and it can happen anywhere......please....

Old 11-08-2011, 06:54 PM

Hey, one more morsel...go back to subscribed forums, scroll down to the article about three armed robberies on Georgia State grounds in the last three months.....so much for all that dorm activity and the imparted safety therein.....laughable....

Old 11-08-2011, 07:21 PM

208 posts, read 419,142 times
For the first time in 2 years, I took a drive through downtown to waste time before heading out in midtown one night. I saw deserted streets with tourists riding around in those white horse carriages, one carriage had a homeless crazy woman screaming at the family and running after them. The look on that family's face was priceless. I having a feeling they won't be coming back, by choice... maybe just LAYOVER, LMAO.

What I also notice about Atlanta is how there is not any holiday feeling here, no personality, no decorations, nada. I can't wait to be moving to Denver soon where there is a real vibrant downtown shopping district with christmas decorations everywhere and happy people who don't NEED to start internet threads about how bad their downtown ISN'T, LMAO...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta