U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-02-2011, 10:28 AM

37 posts, read 51,326 times
Default Why is it so hard to get a job in healthcare

I have BS in Management and been in the medical field since 2003. I have been applying for jobs everyday for the last two months and nothing. I plan on relocating to Marietta in three months. Im starting to worry that I won't have a job. Am I doing something wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2011, 10:42 AM

1,596 posts, read 1,546,051 times
I will try some temp agencies. Try Paramount staffing. They are very good at placing you.

Old 11-02-2011, 03:45 PM

736 posts, read 595,802 times
It's hard to find a job in Atlanta in any field, the unemployment rate still sucks. Here's a good local healthcare staffing system though: Healthcare Solutions, Healthcare Software, Physician Staffing | Jackson Healthcare

Old 11-02-2011, 04:53 PM

9,913 posts, read 14,182,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saldridge View Post
I have BS in Management and been in the medical field since 2003. I have been applying for jobs everyday for the last two months and nothing. I plan on relocating to Marietta in three months. Im starting to worry that I won't have a job. Am I doing something wrong.
According to this article, the average job search in the US is now longer than nine (9) months:

Nearly one in three jobless Americans has been out of work over a year | The Lookout - Yahoo! News

Old 11-02-2011, 05:24 PM

20 posts, read 17,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saldridge View Post
I work in healthcare and found it a little challenging to find healthcare jobs in Atlanta. If you're in healthcare and you're nonclinical there tend to be a lot of jobs in the midwest that pay pretty good. As others stated, temp agencies are probably a good way to go.

Old 11-03-2011, 06:33 AM

I plan on going to Nursing or PA school once we get settled, but I didn't think it would be this hard to get a non-clinical job with a Bachelors degree. It seems like CNA jobs don't pay anything but Med Asst. jobs are good. In FL CNA's are required to take a phlebotomy course in the hosp. which I have but all the jobs want you to be Med Asst. certified which I am not.

Old 11-04-2011, 07:51 AM

1,501 posts, read 2,261,605 times
Managment is the worst possible thing you could be doing in the healthcare industry right now. Unless you're the CEO or one of their yes men (women), you'll either be out of work or sweating the axe on a daily basis. Middle managment especially is easy to cut and is a huge money saver for corporations looking to chop the budget.....which they ALL are in this seemingly endless recession and miserable economy. Do you have any technologist/patient care experience? If so, you may want to hop back on that bus, even though it may be a step backward. At least you'll be employed.

Old 11-04-2011, 09:23 AM

I am a CNA with venipuncture and injection experience.

Old 03-16-2012, 09:42 PM

1 posts, read 1,626 times
I live in NY and I can't find a certified phlebotomist job I am so
Depressed and at the same time I am going through a divorce after 22 yrs of marrage.
Can someone please help me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta