Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 01:51 PM

73,006 posts, read 62,585,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Why do you think he liked it so much? *lightbulb*
Perhaps. Now here is another question. Why not the writer just get to the point and say what he really means?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2012, 11:23 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,794,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Hey!! You can see my house in this pic! Our block is really beautiful in Fall/Spring with all the trees at the school in bloom and leaves changing colors.

This is funny! So my husband and I who bought here and who make decent money and aren't criminals should move because you want to make a strip mall. Okay......

I agree with this above. It is the politicians who have wasted all the money also the city officials who gave all that money to unqualified "community organizations." People set up community organizations just to get the money and jump ship. Most of them weren't even prosecuted so this sets a precedence in the area that if you set up a non-profit and come over here and say you are going to do something, you can get millions of dollars without actually having to do it.

Also, I drive by your properties every day when I pick up my daughter from daycare!

I also posted some pics in the Atlanta pic threads of my neighborhood. I went on a walk and took them with my kids. We weren't accosted, killed, yelled at, nothing. A guy did ask me why I was taking pictures though but he wasn't mean and he was a nice guy.
I think I know where your house is?Is it new?Well less than 4 yrs old and all brown brick?Theres a irongate and fence around it.Very nice house.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:16 AM

2,437 posts, read 3,848,950 times
Default Snow on the Bluff

So, I just finished watching the film "Snow On The Bluff" on PSN. I will admit that it was somewhat of a tough pill to swallow. However, I'm left with only one question... What ever came of Curtis Snow and his son?

Snow On Tha Bluff

Old 06-27-2012, 02:40 PM

449 posts, read 1,175,838 times
Just as sad when a grandmother was killed by police in the Bluff.

For the story that Atl has the 3rd highest child prostitution rate in the country. I hope that's false.

I heard of the big prostitution of 16-17 years olds in Atl, which is terrible, but there are countries where 9-12 year old children are sold as 'tutes on the regular.

I hope Atl isn't really compteting with the other scumbag locations in that statistic

Old 06-27-2012, 02:45 PM
Box

382 posts, read 661,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL_II_DMV View Post
Just as sad when a grandmother was killed by police in the Bluff.

For the story that Atl has the 3rd highest child prostitution rate in the country. I hope that's false.

I heard of the big prostitution of 16-17 years olds in Atl, which is terrible, but there are countries where 9-12 year old children are sold as 'tutes on the regular.

I hope Atl isn't really compteting with the other scumbag locations in that statistic
I remember once when i was going to gsu i got approached by a very pregnant teenage girl who broke down and starting crying and asked me for money because she was hungry/homeless, that was probably the wore thing that I've seen in Atlanta. The city REALLY needs to do more to tackle this kind of stuff.

Old 06-28-2012, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by equinox63 View Post
So, I just finished watching the film "Snow On The Bluff" on PSN. I will admit that it was somewhat of a tough pill to swallow. However, I'm left with only one question... What ever came of Curtis Snow and his son?

Snow On Tha Bluff

NY Times Movie Review of Snow On Tha Bluff | Grown and HipHop

Snow on tha Bluff | VICE

Snow on tha Bluff - Rotten Tomatoes

Old 06-28-2012, 06:03 PM

32,019 posts, read 36,777,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
The city REALLY needs to do more to tackle this kind of stuff.
Better yet, the people who are engaged in crime in the Bluff and are ruining the quality of life there could, like, stop doing it.

Old 06-28-2012, 06:21 PM
Box

382 posts, read 661,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Better yet, the people who are engaged in crime in the Bluff and are ruining the quality of life there could, like, stop doing it.
I dont think its that simple considering its kids who are getting exploited for the must part when it comes to prostitution.

Old 06-30-2012, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by equinox63 View Post

Snow On Tha Bluff
Review: 'Snow On Tha Bluff' A Refreshing, Unrelenting Piece Of Cinéma Vérité

Fight Breaks Out at Atlanta Film Fest Screening :: Movies :: News :: Paste

Snow on tha Bluff - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 07-02-2012, 06:17 PM

749 posts, read 886,889 times
Watched snow on tha bluff last night. It's chilling to see such blight that close to our intown neighborhoods. Not sure how much of that documentary was scripted but it looked like a total war zone. Something you would expect in a third world country.

Has anything come of our mayor's trip to England to discuss poundberry with Prince Charles?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta