Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 01:40 PM

562 posts, read 1,790,754 times

Advertisements

No he actually interviewed and got the job at another company as he was going through the GP interview. So you must have been one of the other people they were interviewing. Small world huh?

Last edited by ecuresident; 11-16-2011 at 01:41 PM.. Reason: add
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2011, 01:54 PM

5 posts, read 4,990 times
Yeah that's funny.... It is a small world

Old 11-17-2011, 06:29 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,486,570 times
Broadcasting and media companies have gone through turmoil the past few years. They have companies that buy and control them...they seem to have parent companies all the time. Restructuring occurs. Even if you keep your job, likely internal turmoil due to restructuring at times.

GP is likley more even keel, steady operations, no worry of a huge conglomerate that will shake things up.

GP is publicly traded. I think Turner is not because they are owned by a bigger company. Based on that, I would choose GP. They probably have been around a lot longer. Do they have a pension plan (not a 401k, but a real pension plan)? I bet employees stay longer at GP. I think it is a plus that you might be able to transfer to many other jobs within same company.

Who has more employees? I bet GP. I like lots of employees. More likely lots of internal training when more employees. And more opportunity to advance. I vote GP.

Also TV/Movies...due to the internet and technology, what will TV and Movies look like in 10 or 20 years. Big chance things change a lot. Risky for your career to be in an industry that might shrink. More turmoil is highly likely. GP does not have that issue. Another vote for GP. They are more diversified, less risky. A good place to have a full career for many years if you choose.

Old 11-17-2011, 08:04 AM

105 posts, read 202,349 times
GP is no longer publicly traded. It was acquired by Koch Industries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: