U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 01:56 PM

864 posts, read 363,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigers84 View Post
1. No No and No. Printing money makes the dollar weaker and piles more debt on the US taxpayer that must be paid back through higher taxes. Its an utterly absurd notion that a US bail out of Europe's failed social policies is somehow "very good" for the dollar. In fact, YET ANOTHER govt bail out, by either Europe or the US, is ultimately "very bad" for everyone, as it kicks the can down the road to what can only be a very disruptive reckoning.

And I mean, dependent on the dollar how? Are we dependent on the Chinese huan? I dont think you have any idea of what you are talking about.

2. If the free markets determine the price of gas should rise precipitously, let free market capitalists step in with a solution and profit for a bit. Soon enough competition would step in and build much better solutionS (plural) than anything govt could ever create.

For someone who claims adherence to Ron Paul and Peter Schiff and the like, your personal views are very, very strange indeed. Really, you seem to talk one thing but actually support very different ideas when put to the test.
1. Lol, Peter Schiff lost money betting against the dollar becuase of the Euro crises. He could have made money on it but he bet on the Euro instead.

2. Nah, I just think we need to be consistent in this matter. I'd love for this to be a Anarcho capitalist society with no central government but since the government is goin to subsidize roads and transportation anyway we may as well make sense of it and not rely on a dying resource.

Last edited by muxBuppie; 12-11-2011 at 02:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2011, 02:05 PM

Quote:
You can include liberal pro union types too in the anti tea party crowd. Nothing tea party hates more than unions, especially public ones. Let me guess your affiliation......

The tea party is anti-freedom if they don't like private unions. As long as the state is not involved people should have the right to gather and bargain their labor. Ron Paul and Milton Friedmon even agree to private unions. The tea-party group is trash and give real lovers of freedom a bad name.

Last edited by muxBuppie; 12-11-2011 at 02:37 PM..

Old 12-11-2011, 02:40 PM

1,260 posts, read 1,404,222 times
Quote:
You can include liberal pro union types too in the anti tea party crowd. Nothing tea party hates more than unions, especially public ones. Let me guess your affiliation......
I'm not really for unions, but do agree there are circumstances they are needed, and that right should be there as an option. But the bigger and more powerful they become they always end up as corrupt and useless, if not more so, as the executives they are 'protecting' the workers from.

I do think its quite hiliarious to watch the tea-tards, the hardcore right-wing 'free marketeers', and the Republican failures who brought us the 'trickle-on' theory of economics, treat the unions as though they are the single biggest enemy of everything and anything in this country. Their numbers are so small and becoming more and more insignificant, yet these idiots probably going to do more to garner support for unions than anything with their all out assault against them. They make it as if we are on the very edge of some great economic explosion where everybody in the country will become so properous and we'll just skyrocket, but all because of the unions and their massive influence over a whopping 7% of the workers in this country we are doomed for economic failure

Again FAIL for the labels you people so desparately try to assign to everybody who doesn't like your 'movement'.

Its just the act of desparate people who deep down realize they are really not well liked at all, and have very little support from the vast majority of America, sorry Teapublican truth hurts sometimes

Old 12-11-2011, 03:27 PM

2,250 posts, read 1,820,086 times
Quote:
Point One: The Tea Party is not going away. If anything its growing.
Point Two: The USA's Number One CORE PRINCIPLE at founding was the supremacy of the individual. Not the supremacy of the government, or (forced) collectivism. The individual is KING here in the US (or supposed to be)
Point Three: Tea Party-ists do not believe in NO govt, just much less govt.
Point Four: If a project makes economic sense, a private sector contractor can do it more efficiently and with better quality.
Point Five: Europe experimented with expansive social programs and installing huge govts as citizen caretakers. Guess what? It worked gloriously - until it didnt. Now Europe is on the verge of complete collapse, and is our canary in the coal mine.
Point Six: Is everyone on board with the USA bailing them out (via the IMF) so Greek hairstylists can retire at age 52 with generous pension and free healthcare for the rest of their lives?
Point Seven: Any and all govt sponsored programs, excluding a few basics such as national defense and certain law enforcement, should be financially viable within their own communities. Aint NOTHING free in this world, really.
Point Eight: The coming "great unwind" may prove painful. For everyone.
Point Nine: More govt spending and debt merely prolongs and magnfies the ultimate reckoning.
Point Ten: Im ready for it. Are you?
So let applied that, to this situation you know The tax referendum.

1. First off did individuals or even the private sector build, the interstates? Major airports? our major sea ports and etc NOOOOO! the private sector won't even put up freakin traffic lights.

2. Infrastructure and social programs really shouldn't even be mentions in the same debate in political matters, never less in the same paragraphs. Infrastructure is not a social program.

3. On the same note the private sector response to infrastructure, good infrastructure attract bushiness bad infrastructure bushiness shuns.

4. You pay for utilities services from the private sector but again the private sector depend on infrastructure. The cities, counties, states and the federal government build power lines, gas and sewage tunnels, treatment plants and Reservoirs.

5. Counties themselves are not even individuals, And they are a type subdivisions government. How did this become a collective vs individual debate. Communities are collective too by the way.

6. This referendum is state not federal this is a community matter, then it's regional parts of the state the icing on the cake. As I point out right now your county does matter which county but because it's metro Atlanta, your county taxes are going to south Georgia and etc. Your actually going against taxes being more local to the metro Atlanta.

Old 12-11-2011, 03:56 PM

714 posts, read 341,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muxBuppie View Post
1. Lol, Peter Schiff lost money betting against the dollar becuase of the Euro crises. He could have made money on it but he bet on the Euro instead.

2. Nah, I just think we need to be consistent in this matter. I'd love for this to be a Anarcho capitalist society with no central government but since the government is goin to subsidize roads and transportation anyway we may as well make sense of it and not rely on a dying resource.
Who ever said Schiff could call short term market movements? Not me. Very hard to to do. He is on the mark, however, about what printing paper money does to its value, long term. Truthfully, its fiat currency management 101.

Oil and other fossil fuels are a long way from "dying". Think Canadian Tar Sands, North Dakota, Natural Gas, Fracking, etc. T Boone Pickens and others will solve our energy problem far better than "building more public transportation through forced confiscation of private assets.

Quote:
The tea party is anti-freedom if they don't like private unions. As long as the state is not involved people should have the right to gather and bargain their labor. Ron Paul and Milton Friedmon even agree to private unions. The tea-party group is trash and give real lovers of freedom a bad name.
Really? So no one is permitted to be against unions and still be for freedom? That is contradictory to itself - a free society allows people to be for and agaisnt whatever they want. Duhhhhhh

But sure, unions CAN exist within capitalism. Its just once they "do their job" they quickly become not only unnecessary, but also corrupt, inefficient and the antithesis of free market principles. Much like our unions now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAisGreat View Post
I'm not really for unions, but do agree there are circumstances they are needed, and that right should be there as an option. But the bigger and more powerful they become they always end up as corrupt and useless, if not more so, as the executives they are 'protecting' the workers from.

I do think its quite hiliarious to watch the tea-tards, the hardcore right-wing 'free marketeers', and the Republican failures who brought us the 'trickle-on' theory of economics, treat the unions as though they are the single biggest enemy of everything and anything in this country. Their numbers are so small and becoming more and more insignificant, yet these idiots probably going to do more to garner support for unions than anything with their all out assault against them. They make it as if we are on the very edge of some great economic explosion where everybody in the country will become so properous and we'll just skyrocket, but all because of the unions and their massive influence over a whopping 7% of the workers in this country we are doomed for economic failure

Again FAIL for the labels you people so desparately try to assign to everybody who doesn't like your 'movement'.

Its just the act of desparate people who deep down realize they are really not well liked at all, and have very little support from the vast majority of America, sorry Teapublican truth hurts sometimes
Boohooo, nobody likes me, Im going to attend a tea party meeting and eat some worms! FLMAO! So, are you, like, the cool, popular kid everybody wants to be around? You know, the kind that the vast majority of america supportts? Wooooooow, Im so jealous.....

Old 12-11-2011, 04:09 PM

1,112 posts, read 617,483 times
Quote:
The Tea Party is anti-union because like another poster mentioned, they basically feel that as much power as possible needs to be shifted from government to corporations.

Old 12-11-2011, 04:37 PM

714 posts, read 341,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
The Tea Party is anti-union because like another poster mentioned, they basically feel that as much power as possible needs to be shifted from government to corporations.
Riddle me this: can unions survive without corporations? NO!

Alternatively, can corporations survive WITH unions? They damn sure can survive without them.

Old 12-11-2011, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Who ever said Schiff could call short term market movements? Not me. Very hard to to do. He is on the mark, however, about what printing paper money does to its value, long term. Truthfully, its fiat currency management 101.

Oil and other fossil fuels are a long way from "dying". Think Canadian Tar Sands, North Dakota, Natural Gas, Fracking, etc. T Boone Pickens and others will solve our energy problem far better than "building more public transportation through forced confiscation of private assets.

Really? So no one is permitted to be against unions and still be for freedom? That is contradictory to itself - a free society allows people to be for and agaisnt whatever they want. Duhhhhhh

But sure, unions CAN exist within capitalism. Its just once they "do their job" they quickly become not only unnecessary, but also corrupt, inefficient and the antithesis of free market principles. Much like our unions now.

Boohooo, nobody likes me, Im going to attend a tea party meeting and eat some worms! FLMAO! So, are you, like, the cool, popular kid everybody wants to be around? You know, the kind that the vast majority of america supportts? Wooooooow, Im so jealous.....
1.I Never doubt Schiff on the macro scale, but his American hate when it comes to investing lacks lol. He should stick to monetary policy and such.

2. I never said transit would solve our energy needs, but if the government is going to spend on transportation anyway, why not do it smart and prepare? If you want to argue against government involvement in any infrastructure then by all means you have a great argument my friend. I never took you for an anarchist though. The more you know.

3. Do you think the government should limit or ban unions?

4. Any smart libertarian knows that anything you don't take from the government is like paying them. Think about that.

Last edited by muxBuppie; 12-11-2011 at 04:58 PM..

Old 12-11-2011, 04:44 PM

1,112 posts, read 617,483 times
Quote:
Alternatively, can corporations survive WITH unions?
Absolutely, have for over a hundred years since the first unions got started.

Old 12-11-2011, 05:59 PM

397 posts, read 360,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAisGreat View Post
Great some tea party idiot from the suburbs is fighting to help keep the city/region as a whole from getting something that not only is desperately needed, but will be tremendous in helping push Atlanta further up the list of cities that business, etc. will look to as a place they need to be and bring jobs to.

Stupid tea party idiots...Those people can't go away fast enough!
Yes its sad. I travel pretty much every week on business and constantly have to defend the negative pereceptions of GA that idiots like this Tea Party women create.

The level of ignorance displayed by this women in her comments will probably be now mentioned in reports countrywide ( if not internationally) and re-enforce sterotypes about GA............

Also gotta love some of the fox news tea party "facts" being quoted here by people who have probably never left the state..............

Last edited by jpatlanta; 12-11-2011 at 06:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta