Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 03:36 PM

248 posts, read 535,210 times

Advertisements

Has anyone from NJ or the NE relocated to Peachtree City? Are you happy with your move? Do you feel accepted, easy to make friends, etc? We may have a job opportunity coming up very soon, and might have to make a quick decision into moving to the Atlanta area. I heard PTC was very nice for families with children. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2011, 04:47 PM

2,791 posts, read 10,807,520 times
We came to Suwanee a little over 3 years ago from NJ. I've found it very easy to make friends, as did my children. Sorry I can't comment on Peachtree City.

Old 12-15-2011, 06:48 PM

397 posts, read 843,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sak9210 View Post
Has anyone from NJ or the NE relocated to Peachtree City? Are you happy with your move? Do you feel accepted, easy to make friends, etc? We may have a job opportunity coming up very soon, and might have to make a quick decision into moving to the Atlanta area. I heard PTC was very nice for families with children. Thanks.
What is it about Peachtree City that is attracting you there? I don't think it would be overly un-accepting (not sure that's a word) but it does seem that the northern suberbs have more transplants.

Old 12-15-2011, 07:47 PM

248 posts, read 535,210 times
Default Ptc

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdawk View Post
What is it about Peachtree City that is attracting you there? I don't think it would be overly un-accepting (not sure that's a word) but it does seem that the northern suberbs have more transplants.
I heard that Fayette County has better special ed services in their public schools. I have a son with autism. So I started researching online and found PTC. I did hear that north of Atlanta is very nice, but I don't know anything about their special needs services in the public schools.

Old 12-15-2011, 08:08 PM

Gwinnett county's Peachtree Ridge cluster seems to have very good special needs services. You might look into it.

Old 12-18-2011, 11:23 AM

431 posts, read 942,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brookdaleresident View Post
We came to Suwanee a little over 3 years ago from NJ. I've found it very easy to make friends, as did my children. Sorry I can't comment on Peachtree City.
NJ here looking to make the move to Duluth/Suwanee once the wife is done with her PhD program. Houses are dirt cheap, people are nice and tons of IT jobs in my specialty.

Looking forward to:

Lower Taxes
Warmer weather
Actual chance of paying off my home and owning it in my lifetime
Less type-A personalities at work
More diversity with middle and upper class people
Excellent school systems

Old 12-18-2011, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liamnwk View Post
NJ here looking to make the move to Duluth/Suwanee once the wife is done with her PhD program. Houses are dirt cheap, people are nice and tons of IT jobs in my specialty.

Looking forward to:

Lower Taxes
Warmer weather
Actual chance of paying off my home and owning it in my lifetime
Less type-A personalities at work
More diversity with middle and upper class people
Excellent school systems

You will find those things....good luck!

Old 12-18-2011, 05:57 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,948,820 times
We're everywhere.

Old 12-18-2011, 06:09 PM

1,501 posts, read 5,102,565 times
I have met so many people from New Jersey in Suwanee that I have lost count!

Old 12-19-2011, 04:23 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,377,466 times
Relocated to Cherokee County from NJ 4 years ago, and we love it. I can't speak to the special needs services in the schools, but it should be fairly easy to research them. As far as being "accepted", I don't think that'll really be an issue anywhere in the overall metro region.

The big question is, where will you be working? PTC is fairly far out on the south side of town, so if you're working on the north side, it'll be an ugly commute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta