Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2011, 03:48 PM

2 posts, read 2,353 times

Advertisements

Please help! I'm about to make an offer on a pre sale in the Atlanta area and have decided not to use a buyers agent.

This is my first time buying a pre sale as well as not using a buyers agent. I've got the pricing and upgrades finished, but I'm wonder what are additional things that I should ask for when writing the contract such as inspections, appraisal stipulations, ect.

Any help or insight from people who have done the same thing would be greatly appreciated.

We are looking in Vickery Crest or Milton Place, both Sharp Residential developments. Any feedback regarding these developments or the developer would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2011, 10:08 AM

651 posts, read 1,562,450 times
a buyers agent, wont cost you any money.. get a buyers agent. the seller will cover the fees.

Old 12-22-2011, 11:03 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,377,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehoez View Post
a buyers agent, wont cost you any money.. get a buyers agent. the seller will cover the fees.
If they're that far into the process already that upgrades, etc., have already been selected, it's a bit late to show up with "ohh, by the way, this is my agent", and expect the builder to pay that agent a commission.

Old 12-22-2011, 12:06 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,292,503 times
I'm closing on a house tomorrow. We asked for a few little things to be done, but now I wish I had asked that the leaves be raked and blown off the roof.

Old 12-22-2011, 09:19 PM

528 posts, read 1,283,957 times
Well, I hope you brought up to the builder that since you're not using a buyers agent, he should be discounting the price of your house. When we built, we went directly to the developer to find out who owned what lots and then went directly to the builder and made sure that 6-7% realtor commission wasn't tacked onto the price of the house. Now, this was in 2005 at the height of the market so we actually probably had about 20% tacked on but not in agent fees. Ugh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: