U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-27-2011, 02:57 AM
 
Location: Atlanta ,GA
9,086 posts, read 13,550,434 times
Reputation: 2945

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigers84 View Post
Ah yes. Good ole Roderick. He is the good guy. Its those damn white people in their suits and ties spouting off about laws and such who ought to be in jail!

In fact most everybody is guilty of some kind of crime. It's just the laws are only enforced against the non-whites. So really, the whites should all be in jail and "the rest" in charge. That way "The Rest" could take what is rightfully theirs, and then the world would be back on good moral footing. Right?

The laws are there to hold "the people" down, and protect the true criminals, aka, the whites. Only when the people rise up and take what is theirs from the criminal whites will there be justice in the world. Everyone knows the whites created and grew their wealth off the backs of minorities. So it's only fair it get taken back by those to whom it really belongs.

People like Roderick are the true heroes. They should be our leaders. Roderick's immense education and intelligence is taken advantage of by whites, 99% of whom are dumber and lazier than him......
I hope you are not ATTEMPTING to put words in my mouth?So if you really want to know what I think,I'll tell you.

I believe in law and order.I have given my live in service in the military to defend a government that has not always done the right thing.There are idealistic people like yourself who see things in only "black and white
'. Believe it or not,you are in the same category as Roderick in that regard.He believes that the country is all bad and all this money is a scam.It may be opposite of what you think,but its still "black and white" how you respond.

I simply think you both have valid points.
I side with Roderick because being "entitled" in this country did not start with Roderick.It started when people came here from Europe and pronounce someone house as their "new home".
This is not a judgement on who is bad or right,its just calling it like it was and is.
Rome felt entitle to what the Etruscans had as Egypt did with Nubia.Countries are built and ended by it.To act like its something new is remarkably naive with a "pollyanna" view of the world around you.

Now since you brought up "race",i'll address that,but not as you put it .
Black people have very good reasons to not be as trustful of their government as history can clearly show you.
Lets see:
Colonization
Slavery
Jim Crow Laws
Tuskegee Experiment-Purposely exposing black patients in Alabama to diseases like syphilis and gonorrhea for years to study the affects

40 acres and a mule (promised ,still waiting but im good now so not necessary for me)

Black Farmers Settlement against AG department denying thousands of qualified farmers due to color for several years.

Now there is a lot more of these U.S government mandated atrocities against taxpaying citizens but you should get where im going with this.

Let me say that I dont think our country is that bad today as it once was but who am I to say and castigate people who think so negatively of our government and act out by doing such as what Roderick is doing?
Bernie Madoff did far worse than what Roderick and these guys are doing but maybe the image of whose bad and good does play into how we allow certain people to do such crimes.

Roderick is a fool.Mainly because he felt as he was beating "them" at their own game when in reality the only people who can win this game is the ones who created it.He was foolish to think he could get away with it no matter how many loopholes exist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-27-2011, 04:02 AM
 
Location: atlanta
4,195 posts, read 5,028,363 times
Reputation: 3566
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigers84 View Post

What did I say that was racist toward any group other than whites? I'm white, so I can't be racist toward whites.
you made a sarcastic comment about how all the black people need to stand up to the whites. this isn't about race, it's about property disputes. a squatter can be black or white. we're upset that you took this from a dispute about a loophole to a thinly-veiled white supremacist rant about how you'd shoot any black man that moved into your neighbourhood.

i don't tolerate racist bull**** and i can see right through it. don't try to justify what you've said. it's clear that the guy moving into the house is a loser. but it isn't about race. if you can't keep your bigotry out of discussions, perhaps you shouldn't join them. this is 2011, take your "smith and wesson" and go back to 1935 and do some lynching because that's where you belong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2011, 04:51 AM
 
Location: Indianapolis, IN
603 posts, read 877,260 times
Reputation: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigers84 View Post
If I was a neighbor I'd shoot the SOB between the eyes with my 40 cal Smith & Wesson. Lawlessness begets lawlessness.
Speechless...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2011, 05:47 AM
 
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
3,391 posts, read 4,346,129 times
Reputation: 2033
Wow, I find it truly disturbing that there are those on this thread defending someone like the thief occupying the home in the opening post. It's really sad that people will defend scum like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2011, 01:08 PM
 
Location: Atlanta
714 posts, read 667,727 times
Reputation: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post
you made a sarcastic comment about how all the black people need to stand up to the whites. this isn't about race, it's about property disputes. a squatter can be black or white. we're upset that you took this from a dispute about a loophole to a thinly-veiled white supremacist rant about how you'd shoot any black man that moved into your neighbourhood.

i don't tolerate racist bull**** and i can see right through it. don't try to justify what you've said. it's clear that the guy moving into the house is a loser. but it isn't about race. if you can't keep your bigotry out of discussions, perhaps you shouldn't join them. this is 2011, take your "smith and wesson" and go back to 1935 and do some lynching because that's where you belong.
I dont have a time machine. Do you?

Who is "we"? When did you become a spokesperson for the "we"?

Clearly, I never said I'd shoot any person other than some squatter thug loser thief criminal piece of garbage filth. If the vile piece of human waste is black, so be it. But white squatters would receive the same "welcome".

It's clear from afonga1's writing that she thinks the system is rigged against "some". It only takes a scintilla of intellect to figure out what she is really getting at -
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2011, 01:29 PM
 
Location: Atlanta
714 posts, read 667,727 times
Reputation: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post

I believe in law and order.I have given my live in service in the military to defend a government that has not always done the right thing.?...
This is not a judgement on who is bad or right,its just calling it like it was and is.
Rome felt entitle to what the Etruscans had as Egypt did with Nubia.Countries are built and ended by it.To act like its something new is remarkably naive with a "pollyanna" view of the world around you.

Now since you brought up "race",i'll address that,but not as you put it .
Black people have very good reasons to not be as trustful of their government as history can clearly show you.
Lets see:
Colonization
Slavery
Jim Crow Laws
Tuskegee Experiment-Purposely exposing black patients in Alabama to diseases like syphilis and gonorrhea for years to study the affect
40 acres and a mule (promised ,still waiting but im good now so not necessary for me)

Black Farmers Settlement against AG department denying thousands of qualified farmers due to color for several years.

Now there is a lot more of these U.S government mandated atrocities against
taxpaying citizens but you should get where im going with this.

Let me say that I dont think our country is that bad today as it once was but who am I to say and castigate people who think so negatively of our government and act out by doing such as what Roderick is doing?
Bernie Madoff did far worse than what Roderick and these guys are doing but maybe the image of whose bad and good does play into how we allow certain people to do such crimes.

Roderick is a fool.Mainly because he felt as he was beating "them" at their own
game when in reality the only people who can win this game is the ones who created it.He was foolish to think he could get away with it no matter how many loopholes exist.
Tell me about these other governments that have always done "the right thing", unlike the US.

Last time I checked Madoff was in jail for the rest of his life and all ill gotten gains confiscated. I'm ok if the same happens to Roderick.

The ones who originally created our system are all long long dead. So who exacltly are you talking about? Please be specific.

Roderick is not acting out against our govt. He is acting out against the real owners of the house, all the neighbors that paid honestly for their house, and anyone else who abides by the rule of law. If he thinks there is a better system on the planet he should go there or write a book telling us all about it. That I at least would respect as someone standing on principles. Roderick is nothing more than a common thug with what he thinks is a clever idea. It ain't.

I'm nothing,like Roderick. I have huge issues with our govt but I don't attempt to rob others and call it civil disobedience. Ever read Thoreau's Walden or his other work. Roderick aint no Thoreau! Honest disobedience are actions that dont net the protester financial gain. Roderick is just another in a long line of film flammers and failed con artists.

Pretend all you want that it's the system holding you back even as the POTUS shows different. I may not be his supporter, but there is no denying the position he holds. That says it all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2011, 01:57 PM
 
Location: West Midtown
225 posts, read 307,320 times
Reputation: 185
i think it is so funny that many are calling him a low life and crackhead lol

because people have been doing this for years, but for a man that looks like he doesn't belongs,,there is a major problem...

I really believe if it was a white guy taking advantage of the situation, there would be no news media or discussion of the property. neighbors would not complain. Life would go on ,,little jonny got a 340k house for 16 woohoo.. good for him.

the neighbors might even have group discussions, "how can we do this"

but you know he is a crackhead lowlife so he doesn't deserve to be there..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2011, 03:48 PM
 
Location: 30080
2,288 posts, read 3,626,676 times
Reputation: 1803
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeStudentinAtl View Post
i think it is so funny that many are calling him a low life and crackhead lol

because people have been doing this for years, but for a man that looks like he doesn't belongs,,there is a major problem...

I really believe if it was a white guy taking advantage of the situation, there would be no news media or discussion of the property. neighbors would not complain. Life would go on ,,little jonny got a 340k house for 16 woohoo.. good for him.

the neighbors might even have group discussions, "how can we do this"

but you know he is a crackhead lowlife so he doesn't deserve to be there..
You're right...because when white people steal its only called....America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2011, 03:51 PM
 
Location: Atlanta ,GA
9,086 posts, read 13,550,434 times
Reputation: 2945
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigers84 View Post
Tell me about these other governments that have always done "the right thing", unlike the US.

Last time I checked Madoff was in jail for the rest of his life and all ill gotten gains confiscated. I'm ok if the same happens to Roderick.

The ones who originally created our system are all long long dead. So who exacltly are you talking about? Please be specific.

Roderick is not acting out against our govt. He is acting out against the real owners of the house, all the neighbors that paid honestly for their house, and anyone else who abides by the rule of law. If he thinks there is a better system on the planet he should go there or write a book telling us all about it. That I at least would respect as someone standing on principles. Roderick is nothing more than a common thug with what he thinks is a clever idea. It ain't.

I'm nothing,like Roderick. I have huge issues with our govt but I don't attempt to rob others and call it civil disobedience. Ever read Thoreau's Walden or his other work. Roderick aint no Thoreau! Honest disobedience are actions that dont net the protester financial gain. Roderick is just another in a long line of film flammers and failed con artists.

Pretend all you want that it's the system holding you back even as the POTUS shows different. I may not be his supporter, but there is no denying the position he holds. That says it all.
Do you read?If you do,you definitely dont comprehend well.I clearly stated what I said is how HE sees himself.Not as I do.I also said people who think like this dont get that way for nothing.
Yes the system is not fair,but with hard work anyone in America can make it.

My comment about Madoff had more to do with how long and how much he was able to do before he caught using the system to his advantage.Not that he got caught.

As I said before,I know Roderick and his family.His family his embarrassed.He has a twin brother who is an officer in the military.Personally we believe he is mentally ill.So when I speak, I speak of a person who has not always been like this but has regressed to this level over time.
I stopped being friends with him, because I did not approve and grew weary of watching a friend(at the time)destroy himself with such behavior.

He actually invited me to his "house warming".I was like "umm...thanks....but no thanks.
I have known this guy since college.He was President of the student body.

What I get upset with is people like YOU with all your comments about "grabbing a gun" shooting people and all this "low life scum"name calling and self righteous indignation.Ok fine.Roderick is getting justice but dont act like justice is always right.I see you like I see 1940's Germany.People following something despite how good for some it maybe,that you ignore the evil it caused the fewer.Again nothing is ever just "black and white".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2011, 03:56 PM
 
Location: Atlanta ,GA
9,086 posts, read 13,550,434 times
Reputation: 2945
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigers84 View Post
Hogwash. Say this "practice" becomes more common. Now, there are no rules, right? Suppose 10 different people show up to "claim" the same house. How does that get sorted out? There are no rules or standards, so its back to law of the jungle. The heck with contract law. It's about taking what you can get away with. It's about the end of rule of law.

Such people represent anarchy, thuggery and mob rule. They are anathema to civilized society. They seek the upending of hundreds of years of legal precedent. They are harbingers of the breakdown of society and the return of a lawless tribe like culture such as in Somalia or Zimbabwe style of
governance. Basically, the beginning of the end if allowed to perpetuate. If I was a neighbor I'd shoot the SOB between the eyes with my 40 cal Smith & Wesson. Lawlessness begets lawlessness.
You sound SOOO civilized......That would make you a criminal.After all,that would be breaking the law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:33 AM.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top