Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 06:14 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,101,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
It *is* memorable. Porche gave one of our friends his first ever lap dance, and the look on his face was really something...

Is Porche the bad built one? Oh yeah that's right, all the strippers in there are bad built. Cleremont Lounge is the **** either way. A dude like me with no rhythm can actually dance to all those old songs that my parents used to play when I was kid with no worries. Cleremont is good after your already wasted and been to another spot. Gotta love Clermont, pull up bumping Rick Ross and go inside and dance to some Dona Summer lol. I love Ponce, and with that new City Hall East stuff going on, its only going to get better. I really think Ponce will be the spot for nightlife in about 10 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2012, 07:18 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,086,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolChevy View Post
Is Porche the bad built one?
She's 60-something and plays Snow White.

Old 01-13-2012, 11:26 PM

9,008 posts, read 14,057,844 times
Quote:
She's 60-something and plays Snow White
Not always...I've seen her as Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz. At least, I imagine it's the same girl, unless they have two 60 year olds that get dressed up in costumes that usually only drag queens would wear.

Anyway, I'm not suggesting the Clermont is a destination, or a replacement for places like the Cheetah if you want to see naked women. I'm just saying that it deserves a stop on anybody's tour of Atlanta. You can spend all day doing all kinds of things, but I promise the Clermont will be what everybody remembers and tells stories about until they day they die!

You can't let the divey appearance and reputation scare you. The people who work there are actually really nice, and as long as you go in and respect them, they will be very cool to you. They know the place is strange and atypical and a lot of curious people come in, but they are still people and don't appreciate being made fun of. It's by far my favorite spot in Atlanta, and I have lived here for over 15 years and been pretty much everywhere. I take out of town visitors there all the time and they always rave about it. The best description I have ever heard was, "it seems like it should only exist in a David Lynch movie."

Old 01-14-2012, 01:05 AM

4,790 posts, read 6,875,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brent6969 View Post
The Colonnade is a better choice than Mary Mac's, it is not at all what it use to be, and frankly I cannot believe it is still open.......
the colonnade, i think, is probably better, but the location isn't as great. not that cheshire bridge is dangerous, it's just not in as cool of a place.

i hate the new paint job they did in mary mac's. i know that sounds shallow but the colours are really drab and not "southern". the food is still good, but it's more expensive now.

Old 01-14-2012, 08:35 AM

1,937 posts, read 4,711,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
I wasn't kidding. The Clermont Lounge is something incredibly unique for Atlanta, and most people can find something to appreciate about it.

If your friends don't like it, or at least can't appreciate it, you will know immediately that you have lame friends. That's worth knowing, right?

Is Blondie still crushing beer cans in her busticles??????????

Old 01-14-2012, 10:44 AM

528 posts, read 1,284,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
You HAVE to try the Colonnade. Very old school setting, service and fantastic food.

They were recently featured on Drive Inns, Diners and Dives.

colonnadeatl.com
Cool! Next time my family comes to town, I will take them. I didn't realize Fox did tours until recently so also have that on my to do list. Thanks!

Old 01-14-2012, 11:44 AM

1,074 posts, read 1,533,081 times
HEY HEY HEY, dont ever forget Atlantic station, thats in midtown just across 75-85, you can shop eat and have fun there, its an open air mall. its right on 17th street, and where the wells fargo, bb&t and other condo towers are

Old 01-14-2012, 12:07 PM

32,025 posts, read 36,788,671 times
I hate to sound like a stick in the mud but I have become a little uncomfortable with the "freak show" atmosphere at the Clermont in recent years. Funky and off the beaten path is one thing, but it's hardly as if the Clermont is some undiscovered hole-in-the-wall. It seems more like a hipster haven.

Old 01-15-2012, 11:52 AM

10 posts, read 13,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
I wasn't kidding. The Clermont Lounge is something incredibly unique for Atlanta, and most people can find something to appreciate about it.

If your friends don't like it, or at least can't appreciate it, you will know immediately that you have lame friends. That's worth knowing, right?

Haha, you're right.-- I'll def send our friends over that way....but it might not make the list of 'things to do' that will reach grandma.

I'm ok with having a lame grandma.

Old 01-15-2012, 11:58 AM

9,008 posts, read 14,057,844 times
Quote:
I hate to sound like a stick in the mud but I have become a little uncomfortable with the "freak show" atmosphere at the Clermont in recent years. Funky and off the beaten path is one thing, but it's hardly as if the Clermont is some undiscovered hole-in-the-wall. It seems more like a hipster haven.
You are totally right....on weekends, when they bring in DJs and karaoke and stuff like that. It's totally hipster and not what it used to be. However, that is the environment that may be more safe for people who are visiting and not used to what the Clermont is all about.

If you want the old school feeling of what native Atlantans know and love about the Clermont, just go on a Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday night. Make sure there are no live bands or anything like that scheduled, and it will just be the regular old dive bar you knew and loved.

I haven't been there in a couple years, been meaning to return. I hear Blondie doesn't work as much as she used to, but even though she was the most famous, she is just one in a cast of zany and lovable characters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta