Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 11:00 AM

138 posts, read 419,016 times

Advertisements

Thanks everyone for the feedback.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2012, 06:16 PM

397 posts, read 843,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
Not sure what you mean by the Chattahoochee mot being a major river.Seeing how it runs through 3 different states and its THE major water sourcefor the entire Atlanta area.Water wars between 3 states for 20 years seems pretty major to me.Its not the Colorado or Mississippi ,but its importance to the region is very major
Really?

Sure to the region it's major. It's all we have. In parts of the Congo, a bowl of rice is a MAJOR meal, I wouldn't exactly call it a feast here though let alone more well off parts of Africa. Hey using your logic I just figured out that in Mexico I am very tall - Cool. (but about average here in this country)

Did you not get the point that the area has no great focal point in a body of water? Atlanta in not on a coast OR a major lake (like Chicago) OR a major river.

Old 01-20-2012, 06:55 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,365,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdawk View Post
Really?

Sure to the region it's major. It's all we have. In parts of the Congo, a bowl of rice is a MAJOR meal, I wouldn't exactly call it a feast here though let alone more well off parts of Africa. Hey using your logic I just figured out that in Mexico I am very tall - Cool. (but about average here in this country)

Did you not get the point that the area has no great focal point in a body of water? Atlanta in not on a coast OR a major lake (like Chicago) OR a major river.
And? It's still very beautiful, winds through almost the heart of the metro, is lined by National/County/City parks and provides drinking water and a respite for millions. What's not to like?

I personally am extremely glad it's NOT over developed along its banks.

Old 01-20-2012, 09:38 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,798,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdawk View Post
Really?

Well using YOUR logic a river that serves many cities within the state along with a MAJOR city like Atlanta being the largest in the state and Alpha city that provide water for well over 8 million people.....well actually,that's NOT logical.
Its major to the U.S. as Charlotte or Nashville is a major city.

I dont think no one is lost on the fact that Atlanta does not have a sea,ocean or any other major body of water besides a river.

Old 01-20-2012, 09:48 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,685,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Amen. I ain't from Atlanta, but love this city and never want to move anywhere else. I lived in South Florida and the beach is nice, but Atlanta has history, especially living in-town.
My favorite part of atlanta's history includes Sherman, a true American patriot.

Old 01-21-2012, 12:03 AM

9,067 posts, read 15,798,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
My favorite part of atlanta's history includes Sherman, a true American patriot.
You are SOOO right.because of him Atlanta rebuilt and became the King of the South it is today!!Because of him we went through Civil War to Civil Rights.Without Atlanta there would not be a Martin Luther King Jr.America is a beetr place for everyone.God Bless Sherman!!!!!!
Is that why you too love ATLANTA?

Old 01-21-2012, 08:04 AM

397 posts, read 843,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
Well using YOUR logic a river that serves many cities within the state along with a MAJOR city like Atlanta being the largest in the state and Alpha city that provide water for well over 8 million people.....well actually,that's NOT logical.
Its major to the U.S. as Charlotte or Nashville is a major city.

I dont think no one is lost on the fact that Atlanta does not have a sea,ocean or any other major body of water besides a river.
I'm losing your point in that 1st sentence.

I also beginning to think that you are trying to not comprehend my point. By the way, my point was also made in posts #3 and #17.

Here are the statistics:

The Chattahoochee's discharge rate seems to average around 2000 - 3000 cfs (cubic feet per second) over the years.

That flow rate - is what I mentioned in my post.

Compare that to the Allegheny in PA - which most people have never heard of - but averages around 23,900 cfm

OR

The Susquehanna in PA - which averages close to 23,200 cfm.

USGS Water Data for the Nation

BTW, I like it here as I previously stated. I think the weather and think housing prices are great. I don't even think that traffic is THAT bad - at least not for me.

Old 01-21-2012, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
My favorite part of American history is Mrs. O'Leary's adorable cow.

Old 01-21-2012, 08:43 AM

657 posts, read 1,504,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
My favorite part of American history is Mrs. O'Leary's adorable cow.
So your favorite part of history involves the killing of hundreds of people and the destruction of one of our nation's finest cities?

You're one sick pup.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1871_Great_Chicago_Fire

Old 01-21-2012, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2dc View Post
So your favorite part of history involves the killing of hundreds of people and the destruction of one of our nation's finest cities?

You're one sick pup.

Great Chicago Fire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Hardly.

How convenient that you fail to mention what I was responding to. A person that calls Sherman a true American patriot that has been bashing Atlanta for weeks all over the forum.

I would imagine you would go after me though, since you practically perfected the "bash Atlanta" thread theme.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta