Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 01:10 PM

329 posts, read 638,164 times

Advertisements

Club Dr NE in the historic Brookhaven neighborhood. Some of the houses here have been used in films set in Atlanta.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2012, 03:19 PM

146 posts, read 332,240 times
East Cobb County, west Fulton County (they share a boarder) and believe it or not Roswell as a whole.

Personally I like looking at area's where wealthy people live. I mean houses are literally $1 million and up. Those parts are always so well maintained.

Old 01-17-2012, 04:12 PM

7,112 posts, read 10,131,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
Wow! This is all you can come up with?

There are so many beautiful drives around here that it will take me a while to compile a list.

Off the top of my head - How about Lullwater from Ponce to North Decatur?

Or Peachtree Battle from Peachtree to Northside?

There are so many it boggles the mind..........
I've lived and traveled around Europe. I have some pretty high standards.

May I suggest that if you nominate a route, put up the google maps street view so we can check it out.

For instance, this is pretty close to where I lived in Grenoble France.

grenoble france - Google Maps

Old 01-17-2012, 06:39 PM

1,498 posts, read 3,107,254 times
Spalding Drive in Sandy Springs (formerly Dunwoody).

Old 01-17-2012, 06:54 PM

538 posts, read 925,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
Birmingham Highway and the surrounding area in Cherokee/North Fulton. There are some incredible homes and farms up there, and plenty of rolling hills.
....and don't forget to take a brief detour off of Birmingham Highway onto beautiful Doris Road.....wonderful homes and undulating topography with horse farms and lakes....when Doris Road ends take a right on Providence and it is a beautiful drive back to Birmingham Highway...

Old 01-17-2012, 07:41 PM

32,021 posts, read 36,777,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathmanMathman View Post
For instance, this is pretty close to where I lived in Grenoble France.

grenoble france - Google Maps
No offense intended, but what a dump. Those places look like they are well over 20 years old and none of them have any yard whatsoever. Where are people supposed to park? There's no room for even one vehicle, much less two cars and a boat or RV.

It's not surprising that folks are rioting over there. Stuck in those little bitty houses, and then the government cuts off their pension because everybody retired at 38 and there's nobody left to pay the bills.

Old 01-17-2012, 08:14 PM

7,112 posts, read 10,131,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
No offense intended, but what a dump. Those places look like they are well over 20 years old and none of them have any yard whatsoever. Where are people supposed to park? There's no room for even one vehicle, much less two cars and a boat or RV.

It's not surprising that folks are rioting over there. Stuck in those little bitty houses, and then the government cuts off their pension because everybody retired at 38 and there's nobody left to pay the bills.
Well, it's pretty old as the town dates back to the around the birth of Christ, more than 2000 years ago and grew mostly in the Middle Ages. I went to the University of Grenoble founded in 1339 (How 'bout THEM Frogs? )

And Grenoble alas has light-rail not heavy rail.

cathedral grenoble france - Google Maps

You can see the train in the background.

Old 01-17-2012, 08:52 PM

969 posts, read 1,959,032 times
Quote:

You can't possibly look at that and think "what a dump"... seriously??

Old 01-17-2012, 09:37 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,422,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
I was riding around this weekend and I realized that Atlanta is so beautiful compared to other cities I have been to except for San Francisco and Miami IMO. I was riding down Moores Mill Rd up 75. Beautiful homes, rolling hills, curves everywhere, trees, etc. I was also on the Eastside near Arabia Mountain. It was the same. Hills everywhere, beautiful homes, trees everywhere, etc. I need to start exploring Atlanta more. What are some beautiful street you like traveling around here in the Metro area?
Miami, beautiful? That place is flat and lifeless (no hills, curves or trees, except palm trees). How can it be nicer than Atlanta in anyone's opinion? (Just asking). Unless you're driving by the beach, no other place in Miami is worthy of mention. PCH around Santa Monica, CA kills any Miami Beach/Ft Lauderdale Beach drive any day.

Anyways, North Fulton (Sandy Springs, Buckhead/Chastain Park area), backroads in Rome and Bartow county are my favorites (for spirited driving).

Quote:

Grenoble is not what I'd call a dump. The place is old (it has its charm), but not a dump. It's a nice place to visit. I wouldn't want to live in France, but it's a nice place to visit (although the natives aren't the nicest). Belgians are way nicer!!

Old 01-18-2012, 08:43 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,292,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike7586 View Post
You can't possibly look at that and think "what a dump"... seriously??
I'm more shocked that you thought it was a serious post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta