U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 10:21 AM

714 posts, read 654,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by overcooked_oatmeal View Post
everyone knows this site is co-owned by stormfront.
Wow. LOL

Old 02-10-2012, 10:26 AM

4,371 posts, read 6,043,053 times
No surprise stuff slips through when you have 1 mod in charge of the board...

Old 02-10-2012, 10:31 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,198,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overcooked_Oatmeal View Post
Everyone knows this site is co-owned by stormfront. This is the "safe for work" version since many workplaces block the IP of that forum. Racial posts have been a part of the Atlanta forums ever since it started, so the OP isn't exactly pointing out something new or revolutionary. Use the ignore function
You are exactly right. It hurts people more when you ignore them because they are just begging for what they lack in their personal life (i.e. attention, respect, etc). So my conclusion is to just ignore them and act as if you don't see any of their posts (i.e tightpants84.....oh I mean tigress84 or what ever his/her name is).

Old 02-10-2012, 10:37 AM

225 posts, read 300,654 times
That why I m not even posting in here anymore.. The **** then got out of hand ..lol

Just look at the stuff in the other boards.. lol..esp politics and controversies. lol

good bye city-data.. hello books and study with friends of different races that do not think like this on a daily basis..lol

Old 02-10-2012, 10:56 AM

2,407 posts, read 2,694,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peachcity View Post
Sure we can ignore them but what about potential movers? How will they view the city. We had a 6 figure poster give up on moving here just because of it. This has gotten out of hand.
This person sounds like a bit of a simpleton if he/she was willing to let the tone of a few posters (who like to provoke discussion on sensitive topics as far as I can tell. I haven't seen anything overtly racist on this board, but race is discussed often.) dissuade them from making a significant move. Doesn't sound like the thought process of someone who would provide much to the city of Atlanta, so it might be a good thing they didn't come.

Old 02-10-2012, 10:59 AM

183 posts, read 146,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigers84 View Post
I do enjoy a cookie. White Chocolate, my fav, of course!

Why are you worried about giving my "what I want"? I want nothing from you.

Its called a debate, or discussion. Different views are expressed. Facts and points are exchanged. Civilized societies have been doing it for thousands of years.

A sincere admission that the ills of black society are NOT the fault of whitey would be a start, however.
Black people are responsible for their own ills and whites have done nothing to them. There, now will you go away?

Old 02-10-2012, 11:27 AM

3,263 posts, read 4,676,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeStudentinAtl View Post
That why I m not even posting in here anymore.. The **** then got out of hand ..lol

Just look at the stuff in the other boards.. lol..esp politics and controversies. lol

good bye city-data.. hello books and study with friends of different races that do not think like this on a daily basis..lol
Yes, I agree. It has become unbearable.

I think I'll take my posting to skyscraperpage.com and try to build some traffic over there. Less traffic, but much better signal to noise ratio.

Take care, city-data. It has been fun.

Old 02-10-2012, 11:30 AM

3,053 posts, read 3,602,179 times
Honestly, I for one would never move to Atlanta because of some of the stuff I see on this board. It can't be a coincidence that you don't find this same sort of strife on other metro forums. Just my two cents.

Where there's smoke there's fire.

Old 02-10-2012, 11:35 AM

1,301 posts, read 1,909,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peachcity View Post
The main perpetrator(s) are reported yet their posted are never deleted and they are still members. It has gotten to the point were people looking to move here are scared off because they think this is a racist city. It's sad but true. Something really needs to be done, but what?

Sure we can ignore them but what about potential movers? How will they view the city. We had a 6 figure poster give up on moving here just because of it. This has gotten out of hand.
So you would like to limit our god given free speech because you dont agree with what someone else says?? Very interesting indeed. Maybe its you that should be banned as you suggest.

Old 02-10-2012, 11:41 AM

452 posts, read 1,508,152 times
You guys are correct-I hardly post, just lurk and most of these topics go downhill fast-with the same characters instigating. When I joined City-Data, I was so suprised at some of the blatant racist posts I saw-it infuriated me at first but then I realized its the same people looking for attention. I hope people looking to move here dont judge Atlanta by this forum-anyway OP just ignore them-they are looking for a rise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or