U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 02-10-2012, 01:35 PM
 
4,024 posts, read 3,245,992 times
Reputation: 2003
This whole thread is moronic.

I haven't seen many trolling posts here. Sure, people have expressed differing points of view on things. That's life, get over it.

But I haven't seen any racial slurs thrown around on here. I've seen people openly discuss things. That's good. I've had my own mind changed on certain topics by what posters have said and arguments they have made, and that is GOOD!

You want to sweep it under the rug? Fine, let it fester there. But it's not doing you, the city, or this board any favors.

If someone decides not to move to a city based on what a few select people on an internet board say, that person is retarded and I don't want them in this city anyway.

BTW, you can't just go out and say "no racists posts" because who gets to decide what is racist? I've been called racist before when all I was trying to do was make a point. If you banned racist comments and let some of the people here decide what is deemed racist, we wouldn't be able to have any discussion at all. I'm pretty sure that hate speech is already banned here, so what more do you want?

 
Old 02-10-2012, 01:44 PM
 
Location: International Spacestation
5,209 posts, read 2,621,464 times
Reputation: 1415
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprascooby22 View Post
Maybe its YOU and a few others that view a differing opinion as racist. If the mod's deem a comment or thread as racist they will delete it and possibly ban the poster. Until then I fail to see how it is your or anyone elses concern.
We know a lot of the black posters have beef with GREG & thats them. Im black I have no issuw with what any of you say about Atlanta thugs or criminals who make the city look bad. Not all of the black people are offended by the few whites who are annoyed with what they see & hear on the news. Trying to sensor a poster is childish & honestly I feel some people need to grow a pair. Life is life, no one can control how any human feels about a situation. We Can debate & take trash but if what someone says on an internet forum really bugs you, I say its time to sign off & go where you can handle it.
 
Old 02-10-2012, 01:49 PM
 
1,301 posts, read 1,136,786 times
Reputation: 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
We know a lot of the black posters have beef with GREG & thats them. Im black I have no issuw with what any of you say about Atlanta thugs or criminals who make the city look bad. Not all of the black people are offended by the few whites who are annoyed with what they see & hear on the news. Trying to sensor a poster is childish & honestly I feel some people need to grow a pair. Life is life, no one can control how any human feels about a situation. We Can debate & take trash but if what someone says on an internet forum really bugs you, I say its time to sign off & go where you can handle it.
Couldnt have said it better myself!
 
Old 02-10-2012, 01:52 PM
 
403 posts, read 477,581 times
Reputation: 187
As a white female, I am appalled at some of the BLATANT racist comments on this board but I know (and so should you) that those people are ignorant and do not represent the majority of white people in this city, or country, for that matter. I remember not too long ago a white poster posted something so horrid, I think it was about MLK Jr. that I wanted to apologize for his comment from the entire white race! But I didn't say anything because I didn't want to be attacked and deal with the BS.

It would be interesting to know the age/sex/ethnicity/race of the posters on this board. I have a couple of them pictured in my head as white men in their 60's still thinking it is 1960 and filled with hate. Let them spew their hate. It didn't make me think I shouldn't move here because there were racists here but I will tell you that I was freaked out about all the talk about crime on here. I'm still paranoid!!!
 
Old 02-10-2012, 02:02 PM
 
2,250 posts, read 1,720,207 times
Reputation: 1157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peachcity View Post
The main perpetrator(s) are reported yet their posted are never deleted and they are still members. It has gotten to the point were people looking to move here are scared off because they think this is a racist city. It's sad but true. Something really needs to be done, but what?

Sure we can ignore them but what about potential movers? How will they view the city. We had a 6 figure poster give up on moving here just because of it. This has gotten out of hand.
They will post the same type of crap over and over, anything they can't response to because it defeat their argument they ignore, and keep posting the same crap. They can't response to this,
"As I said a race can't take credit or be blame for something. If someone believe so there clearly racist. I believe they're in a paradox of believing whites are being blame for everything by blacks, it's already the hasty generalization fallacy to even have that belief. They have this chip now everything is blacks vs whites.

A race is not a "team" it's not a planning organization. It's random individuals who have the same skin color, in a ethnic case a share heritage. Your not getting a straight Answer because people shouldn't get together base on race to solve or not, their problems in the first place."
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprascooby22 View Post
Maybe its YOU and a few others that view a differing opinion as racist. If the mod's deem a comment or thread as racist they will delete it and possibly ban the poster. Until then I fail to see how it is your or anyone elses concern.
There's is a solo definition of racism. All definitions are similar basically the same thing in different words.

Racism | Define Racism at Dictionary.com

Racism - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

racism -- Britannica Online Encyclopedia

If a dude keep bringing up the issues in haiti, somalia and comparing to Blacks in Atlanta. How the hell is that is not racism.

The Mods are here for the posters, some posters are repeatedly saying racist things, there is a clear definition of what is racist. Do you really believe these posters that are posting racist comments don't know there statements are not controversial in a racist way?

Some of there comments are: MLK was a rapist, there's a problem with blacks men raping white women, the tuskegee airmen are too glorified, affirmative action keep HBCUs black and HBCU take very few qualify people. And they love comparing black people in different countries. refute to see blacks as individual, blame blacks collectedly for other blacks, Blacks collectedly should give collectedly credit to whites...... And it's the same few posters
 
Old 02-10-2012, 02:12 PM
 
1,301 posts, read 1,136,786 times
Reputation: 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinginbuffalo View Post
As a white female, I am appalled at some of the BLATANT racist comments on this board but I know (and so should you) that those people are ignorant and do not represent the majority of white people in this city, or country, for that matter. I remember not too long ago a white poster posted something so horrid, I think it was about MLK Jr. that I wanted to apologize for his comment from the entire white race! But I didn't say anything because I didn't want to be attacked and deal with the BS.

It would be interesting to know the age/sex/ethnicity/race of the posters on this board. I have a couple of them pictured in my head as white men in their 60's still thinking it is 1960 and filled with hate. Let them spew their hate. It didn't make me think I shouldn't move here because there were racists here but I will tell you that I was freaked out about all the talk about crime on here. I'm still paranoid!!!

Interesting that you ONLY fixate on the perceived white racist on this fourm and yet make no mention of any other racial groups as if not one minority has ever uttered anything questionable on here. Interesting indeed.
 
Old 02-10-2012, 02:16 PM
 
1,301 posts, read 1,136,786 times
Reputation: 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
They will post the same type of crap over and over, anything they can't response to because it defeat their argument they ignore, and keep posting the same crap. They can't response to this,
"As I said a race can't take credit or be blame for something. If someone believe so there clearly racist. I believe they're in a paradox of believing whites are being blame for everything by blacks, it's already the hasty generalization fallacy to even have that belief. They have this chip now everything is blacks vs whites.

A race is not a "team" it's not a planning organization. It's random individuals who have the same skin color, in a ethnic case a share heritage. Your not getting a straight Answer because people shouldn't get together base on race to solve or not, their problems in the first place."
There's is a solo definition of racism. All definitions are similar basically the same thing in different words.

Racism | Define Racism at Dictionary.com

Racism - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

racism -- Britannica Online Encyclopedia

If a dude keep bringing up the issues in haiti, somalia and comparing to Blacks in Atlanta. How the hell is that is not racism.

The Mods are here for the posters, some posters are repeatedly saying racist things, there is a clear definition of what is racist. Do you really believe these posters that are posting racist comments don't know there statements are not controversial in a racist way?

Some of there comments are: MLK was a rapist, there's a problem with blacks men raping white women, the tuskegee airmen are too glorified, affirmative action keep HBCUs black and HBCU take very few qualify people. And they love comparing black people in different countries. refute to see blacks as individual, blame blacks collectedly for other blacks, Blacks collectedly should give collectedly credit to whites...... And it's the same few posters
Simple solution: Report the supposed "racist" post or replies to the mod's. Thats what there here for. I fail to see what whining about it in a 5 or 6 page thread does.
 
Old 02-10-2012, 02:20 PM
 
2,250 posts, read 1,720,207 times
Reputation: 1157
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
We know a lot of the black posters have beef with GREG & thats them. Im black I have no issuw with what any of you say about Atlanta thugs or criminals who make the city look bad. Not all of the black people are offended by the few whites who are annoyed with what they see & hear on the news. Trying to sensor a poster is childish & honestly I feel some people need to grow a pair. Life is life, no one can control how any human feels about a situation. We Can debate & take trash but if what someone says on an internet forum really bugs you, I say its time to sign off & go where you can handle it.
One thing wrong........ since your black by these posters YOU and YOUR "community" Are responsible. And they are trying to justify judging YOU base off other people.

Also Black people aren't offended by whites who are annoy by thugs and criminals, blacks are annoy by thugs and criminals.

I'm not bug by them, nothing they say make sense, or anything they're saying can't be support using logic. So I don't even take their post seriously. But I'm going to call a duck a duck. I'm pretty sure they are used to being call a duck anyways

Also who have beef with GREG?
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprascooby22 View Post
Simple solution: Report the supposed "racist" post or replies to the mod's. Thats what there here for. I fail to see what whining about it in a 5 or 6 page thread does.
That's fair and I'm not the OP.

But the OP topic was also about the turn off by these posters, to the Atlanta area. Not just they're still here.

But again personally I'm not worry over fallacious posts by posters that have a racial bug. This is the internet, trolls feel free to come out because they are behind a screen. That's just common sense.

Last edited by chiatldal; 02-10-2012 at 02:34 PM..
 
Old 02-10-2012, 02:21 PM
 
Location: East Side of ATL
2,525 posts, read 2,763,210 times
Reputation: 826
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
We know a lot of the black posters have beef with GREG & thats them. Im black I have no issuw with what any of you say about Atlanta thugs or criminals who make the city look bad. Not all of the black people are offended by the few whites who are annoyed with what they see & hear on the news. Trying to sensor a poster is childish & honestly I feel some people need to grow a pair. Life is life, no one can control how any human feels about a situation. We Can debate & take trash but if what someone says on an internet forum really bugs you, I say its time to sign off & go where you can handle it.
No surprise here with your numerous ridiculous comments...

LIB, most of the posters are pretty young.

Either way, no need to be upset over their posts anymore. Just use the ignore feature and call it a day.

Last edited by PKCorey; 02-10-2012 at 02:44 PM..
 
Old 02-10-2012, 02:31 PM
 
183 posts, read 30,936 times
Reputation: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
If these thread is about, i would suggest you report it. Its kinda corny to make threads like this, just because.
It's " corney" to post in a forum for a city you don't live in either. It doesn't stop people though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top