U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 06:47 PM

966 posts, read 1,639,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
You are no better then the White racists, I have no respected for Black racists or white racists. Hasty generalizations are Hasty generalizations the white racists on these threads do not reflect or speak for Whites in the Atlanta area. Just like you don't speak for blacks in Atlanta, DFW or DC. Again this is the internet and people say stuff they won't say in public.

No the crime rate in metro Atlanta is not as nearly as bad as it is in DC. And no one is in denial the Atlanta job market is in bad shape, but it's not dooms days but I glad the unemployment rate took a huge dip lately for the metro.

Ok I'm gone with this thread.
Meh...ive been accused of being everything from a self-hating Aunt Jemima to being a militant, "uppity negress" depending on whoever is mad at me and disagrees with my point of view. I march to the beat of my own drummer and don't adhere to the boxes that other people are so desperate to put me in to validate their worldview. I'm no racist, I pretty much have a reason to hate everyone equally

Old 02-10-2012, 06:50 PM

14,208 posts, read 22,743,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinginbuffalo View Post
As a white female, I am appalled at some of the BLATANT racist comments on this board but I know (and so should you) that those people are ignorant and do not represent the majority of white people in this city, or country, for that matter. I remember not too long ago a white poster posted something so horrid, I think it was about MLK Jr. that I wanted to apologize for his comment from the entire white race! But I didn't say anything because I didn't want to be attacked and deal with the BS.

It would be interesting to know the age/sex/ethnicity/race of the posters on this board. I have a couple of them pictured in my head as white men in their 60's still thinking it is 1960 and filled with hate. Let them spew their hate. It didn't make me think I shouldn't move here because there were racists here but I will tell you that I was freaked out about all the talk about crime on here. I'm still paranoid!!!
Great post, Lady Buffalo.

Old 02-10-2012, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinginbuffalo View Post
I don't understand the problem here. [B]There are 2 or 3 obvious racists on this board that are WHITE. I'm sure there are other people but I have not noticed anything blatant. I don't get the whole "interesting indeed" comment. [/B]

Also, I forgot to mention that the picture in my mind had the racists wearing their wife beaters too. That's an important element.

I'm sure many here are young but the one person I really think is the worst is not from what I gather. I am not young nor old and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Old 02-10-2012, 06:56 PM

Food for thought and helpful link for those participating in this thread:

[URL="http://unfaircampaign.org/"]Un-Fair Campaign[/URL]

Old 02-10-2012, 06:58 PM

More food and more help:

[url=http://www.racismreview.com/blog/2012/02/09/see-racism-when-white-unfair-campaign/]“It’s hard to see racism when you’re white”: Un-Fair Campaign :: racismreview.com[/url]

Old 02-10-2012, 07:09 PM

2,599 posts, read 3,818,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
Uh, no - it's not. Not in MY Atlanta, anyway.

I think life in NOVA is going to be a HUGE eye opener for you, in more ways than you can imagine.
Well, I'm sure you'll have fun in YOUR Atlanta when I'm gone. It'll be nice to be back in a city where race isn't a constant obsession for so many people of all races. Remember, I lived in New York for a little while so I have some experience in that. It's kind of cool to live in a place with some REAL diversity. Now, I know NoVa isn't New York and it isn't perfect but [B]I'm looking forward to getting out of Atlanta[/B] and I just know that drives you absolutely up the wall.

Just remember to pull your head out of the sand occasionally for air but make sure you don't get a good look around at how things really are in most parts of MY Atlanta. It might open YOUR eyes.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:50 PM

714 posts, read 666,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdkb View Post
I hear some of the same things said in Charlotte (minus the traffic). Race will ALWAYS BE FACTOR IN THE USA.
Indeed! The planet is overloaded with places where race is not a factor. Like Zimbabwe....

Old 02-10-2012, 09:10 PM

5,196 posts, read 6,336,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
You definitely are NO type of brotha. And if you are it's in your color only.
Are you saying you are blacker than me because I dont let whitey bother me? What makes you more black than anyone else? Is it a down south southern thing Brotha?

Old 02-10-2012, 09:24 PM

5,196 posts, read 6,336,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
That dude should change his username to Clarence Thomas or stepNfetchit
only if you change your name to 2pac or Flava Flav. ok brother?

Old 02-10-2012, 09:55 PM

966 posts, read 1,639,445 times
I don't know why the OP even made this thread in the first place. Must be brand new or just young and naive and hasn't realized the ways of the world and Internet. The Atlanta forum has been like this for a number of YEARS. All this begging and whining and going back and forth with white supremacists certainly isn't going to change it just because the OP wants it to - pretty much an exercise in futility... The Atlanta forum posters seem to enjoy having a race war of words on a daily basis, and City-Data in general is full of miserable people venting out their frustrations and stopped being a forum strictly about relocation a long time ago. Believe it or not, the moderation is a lot stricter than it used to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or