Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 06:26 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,786,473 times

Advertisements

OhBoy!This is gonna be a circus!!But its cool that all the stars are making it to Atlanta.Especially more than the usual associated with Hip-Hop.

I like Tyler Perry to an extent.I do not like his plays or many of his fans.I believe they are very ignorant and judgmental.Who else would be so vocal about who he should use in his movies.He will never venture out of the type of movies that draw him so much criticism if he listens to some of his fans.He has become big enough now that he could gain more fans with a broader focus.

http://http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/kardashian_filming_tyler_perry_the_aJhQ4XGhxyNIbQg 5Z7msWO (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2011, 07:10 PM

3,573 posts, read 5,307,141 times
I wonder where this groundswell of hate for Kim Kardashian is coming from? I read these news postings and the commentary is off the chain!

Tyler Perry -- I Do ... Still Want Kim Kardashian To Be in My Movie | TMZ.com

Tyler Perry faces fan backlash over Kardashian casting

I hope that whatever goal Tyler Perry is trying to achieve in bringing Kim onto his latest film project is worth the fans that he may lose. I guess we are now bearing witness to a test of the true strength of the TP brand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
OhBoy!This is gonna be a circus!!But its cool that all the stars are making it to Atlanta.Especially more than the usual associated with Hip-Hop.

I like Tyler Perry to an extent.I do not like his plays or many of his fans.I believe they are very ignorant and judgmental.Who else would be so vocal about who he should use in his movies.He will never venture out of the type of movies that draw him so much criticism if he listens to some of his fans.He has become big enough now that he could gain more fans with a broader focus.

http://http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/kardashian_filming_tyler_perry_the_aJhQ4XGhxyNIbQg 5Z7msWO (broken link)

Old 11-08-2011, 07:17 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,706,146 times
I don't get the big deal. They aren't outraged over Tasha Smith and she has done stuff that most of these Christians would have a problem with too.

Give me a break. She will probably suck at it anyway.

Old 11-09-2011, 06:26 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,178,585 times
Oh goodie........yet another low class Tyler Perry movie. I don't know why blacks even support him. His body of work sucks.

Old 11-09-2011, 09:05 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,330,050 times
What a random career move, Kim.

Old 11-09-2011, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Oh goodie........yet another low class Tyler Perry movie. I don't know why blacks even support him. His body of work sucks.
The answer's simple: because there isn't enough in the theaters for blacks. "We" support whoever is selling "our" product.

Old 11-09-2011, 09:15 PM

538 posts, read 925,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
The answer's simple: because there isn't enough in the theaters for blacks. "We" support whoever is selling "our" product.
That's racissss.....

Old 11-09-2011, 09:53 PM

562 posts, read 1,789,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
I wonder where this groundswell of hate for Kim Kardashian is coming from? I read these news postings and the commentary is off the chain!:
You dont get where the hate is coming from? How about Kim put out a sex tape to get famous? How about people think she faked the wedding since it only lasted 72 days and she made $10 million off it? How about she is going to make even more as this plays out on her new reality show? How about she blindsided her husband with the divorce? How about she is a huge role model for a lot of young girls that watch her show, and she is telling them to be spoiled brats? Would you want your daughter to be best friends (ex now) with Paris Hilton? I dont know how much of this stuff is true or not, but those are the rumors being spread about her.

With Tasha Smith, I honestly dont know a whole lot about her- except that she is portrayed as evil in many roles (crackhead, etc) so perhaps thats why people dont mind as much. She is also a "born again" Christian so a lot of people approve of that and will oversee her "past mistakes".

Old 11-09-2011, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecuresident View Post
You dont get where the hate is coming from? How about Kim put out a sex tape to get famous? How about people think she faked the wedding since it only lasted 72 days and she made $10 million off it? How about she is going to make even more as this plays out on her new reality show? How about she blindsided her husband with the divorce? How about she is a huge role model for a lot of young girls that watch her show, and she is telling them to be spoiled brats? Would you want your daughter to be best friends (ex now) with Paris Hilton? I dont know how much of this stuff is true or not, but those are the rumors being spread about her.

With Tasha Smith, I honestly dont know a whole lot about her- except that she is portrayed as evil in many roles (crackhead, etc) so perhaps thats why people dont mind as much. She is also a "born again" Christian so a lot of people approve of that and will oversee her "past mistakes".
But true Christians, as I'm sure many of Tyler Perry's faithful followers would call themselves, are not allowed to judge the actions of others. Some of these people simply need to quit wasting their time blindly following this man. TP could care less about what these folks think. The man is in it for the money and fame.

Kim Kardashian is a big girl, who can do what she wants, without it being anyone's business but her own.

Old 11-09-2011, 10:18 PM

4,843 posts, read 6,097,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northwinds View Post
That's racissss.....

On who? The majority of sitcoms that center around a black main charter or a black family have limited success with white audiences. So your socked that blacks want to see black people some times? It work both ways.

US watches TV in black and white | Media | The Guardian

example 2003 most popular by race

White favorites

1 CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

2 Friends

3 ER

4 Everybody Loves Raymond

5 Will and Grace

6 Law and Order

7 CSI: Miami

8 Survivor: Thailand

9 Scrubs

10 Still Standing

Black favourites

1 One on One

2 Cedric the Entertainer

3 Girlfriends

4 Half and Half

5 The Parkers

6 My Wife and Kids

7 Bernie Mac

8 Fast lane

9 NFL Football

10 CSI
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta