Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2012, 06:42 PM

906 posts, read 1,746,390 times

Advertisements

This seems like an important one for folks on citydata at Atlanta to answer:

ARC survey

The due date is March 2. From the survey intro:

Quote:
The survey will ask you to rate different elements of the area's competitiveness along three broad areas:

People: including socioeconomics, education, and workforce dynamics

Prosperity: including local economy, business climate, resources for existing businesses

Place: including quality of life assets, community aesthetics, transportation, and infrastructure

This survey will be a major component informing the recommendations in the strategic plan.
If different folks could share their thoughts/reactions to the questions raised in the survey every couple of days (with a post in this thread), it will help keep the thread afloat so others can be aware of it. Seems like this may be a survey that may actually matter this time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2012, 09:42 PM

My favorite part of the survey was when they ask you to split up $20 for various investment needs for the Atlanta area. I wonder what in the world they're going to do with this info? (I'm sure the public reaction component is at least partially about figuring out marketing strategies.)

Old 02-23-2012, 02:47 AM

4,790 posts, read 6,875,132 times
i found it odd that they didn't talk about transportation until the end. i guess it's part of the "warming up" strategy. so many people around here are opposed to everything that's worth a damn.

Old 02-23-2012, 06:44 AM

32,026 posts, read 36,788,671 times
I took the survey but wasn't impressed by its design. In my opinion, you have to zero in on specific areas to really make coherent assessments of where we are and where we need to go. I live in Fulton County, for example, but it's extremely difficult to make judgments about the county as a whole because it's so diverse.

Old 02-23-2012, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
I took the survey but wasn't impressed by its design. In my opinion, you have to zero in on specific areas to really make coherent assessments of where we are and where we need to go. I live in Fulton County, for example, but it's extremely difficult to make judgments about the county as a whole because it's so diverse.
I agree, overall, though at least they're offering a survey. The most confusing thing for me was the questions about rating my county's "competitive advantages and disadvantages." They didn't explain what the basis of comparison was: am I comparing Fulton to the other ATL counties? Am I comparing it to a comparable county in other major American metros? And you're right that my part of Fulton (Westside) isn't really all that similar to parts of, say, North Fulton.

Arjay, did you get any questions from a "business manager/owner" point of view? I was asked that but had to say no, but I'm curious to know what questions they would ask business owners.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:34 AM

9,191 posts, read 33,885,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-SawDude View Post
My favorite part of the survey was when they ask you to split up $20 for various investment needs for the Atlanta area. I wonder what in the world they're going to do with this info? (I'm sure the public reaction component is at least partially about figuring out marketing strategies.)
Interesting that they didn't even list transit projects as an option where you could allot money to, as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: