Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 04:43 PM

3 posts, read 48,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmontoya102 View Post
Hello,

We are looking for a Korean Communities near Atlanta to set down in. I saw Duluth has a 3.6% Korean population, is anyone from Duluth or know a different town with a large Korean population? I remember traveling through Atlanta and stopping (don't remember what part of Atlanta) at a very large Korean shopping area of town. Does anyone know that part of town? Any help with be gratefully appreciated.

Jim & Chun Hae
If you choose Atlanta as your next town to move to, you wont be disappointed. Duluth is home to many koreans and so many shops you would think this was Korea. Home prices are very affordable and gas prices are the lowest in the nation.

Last edited by xxman777; 10-10-2006 at 05:41 PM.. Reason: No Advertising Please
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2007, 02:53 PM

1 posts, read 10,543 times
I live in a neighborhood with a large Asian population; mostly Korean with a few Japanese and only one Chinese. My community would like to bond with these families, but they do not respond to neighborhood parties and/or meetings. Do you have an idea that I can use or a way to approach these homes and families? I would greatly appreciate your reply, for there are so many children the same ages that would benefit greatly as well as the adults.

Thank you.

Old 08-10-2007, 04:17 PM

10 posts, read 52,285 times
In Duluth check out the Super H Mart at 2550 Pleasant Hill Rd. See Hmart.com - Better Food Better Life! Also there are at least two other Korean malls in the area off Steve Reynolds Blvd. The other older Korean area is in Doraville on Buford Highway near the 285.

Old 08-10-2007, 04:24 PM

634 posts, read 2,922,474 times
Hello!, I am Korean too!

there are alot of Koreans in all of the Atlanta suburbs.

-Lawrenceville
-Duluth
-Alpharetta

^^ All have good Korean populations.

Doraville doesnt have many Koreans who reside there, but has many Korean businesses, restaurants, and grocery stores.

Old 08-10-2007, 04:26 PM

634 posts, read 2,922,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erinegg View Post
I live in a neighborhood with a large Asian population; mostly Korean with a few Japanese and only one Chinese. My community would like to bond with these families, but they do not respond to neighborhood parties and/or meetings. Do you have an idea that I can use or a way to approach these homes and families? I would greatly appreciate your reply, for there are so many children the same ages that would benefit greatly as well as the adults.

Thank you.
Maybe they are very busy?? Korean people are often take more than one job.

Also, Asians are often very reserved, if you continue to talk to them and get to know them, they will open up...

Maybe they are embarrased that their English isn't good and therefore doesnt want to talk and make themselves look 'bad'.

The Asian mentality is a little different...

I am Korean, but I am not like some of those people..

Old 08-10-2007, 09:54 PM

1,755 posts, read 5,681,397 times
So I don't know the exact politics on getting the Hell out of N. Korea, but when people refer to Korean are they really saying S. Korean? just curious.

Old 08-16-2007, 12:04 PM

4,848 posts, read 11,811,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt6974a View Post
So I don't know the exact politics on getting the Hell out of N. Korea, but when people refer to Korean are they really saying S. Korean? just curious.
Yeah -- the term "Korean" as used in the U.S. refers to South Korean. If you want to talk about the Communist nation to the North, you should specifically say North Koreans.

Old 08-20-2007, 06:17 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,086,067 times
There is a very big Korean community in Duluth. Chamblee and north like someone else stated is true too. Buford Highway is dotted with lots of Korean restaurants (yummy - my mother accuses me of being Korean rather than Chinese because I love Korean food so much)

Super H Mart has been opened for a longtime in Duluth. Check out the website at Hmart.com - Better Food Better Life! . I also shop at the Buford Highway Farmer's Market for Asian groceries too. They also have a good variety of kimchi too.

Here is an article that was in the local newspaper no long ago. The article is about the Korean-Americans moving to Atlanta and where they are settling. Here is the link - you might have to sign-up to view the article - its free of charge to sign up.

Asian home-buyers shore up Atlanta market | ajc.com (broken link)

Good luck!

Old 08-21-2007, 12:41 PM

1 posts, read 10,313 times
Gwinnett County, which Duluth is in, has a large asian population. To see a map of these statistics go to: Social Explorer - Demographic Maps
It has filters that show Race>Asian%, and Foreign Born Place of Birth>Korea

Hope this helps you

Old 10-12-2007, 09:55 AM

2 posts, read 11,256 times
Excuse me ,

does anyone know where in Atlanta , i can find the Korean version of Bill Clinton's " My Life " (나의 삶)

for my mother ... thank you !

i'm only going to be in Atlanta for 3 more days with my sister before i go back to Japan, so if anyone knows where we can find it , please help .

thanks again !

--YaeRi (zainichi korean girl)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta