U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-12-2012, 09:49 PM

903 posts, read 821,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Math Commando View Post
Social House
They closed, unfortunately. Now it's turned into a Bell Street Burrito (which is pretty great, actually).

West Egg hits your price point and isn't a chain. Often voted best breakfast or brunch in Atlanta on various surveys. But it is PACKED on weekends, so get there early if you can.

West Egg Cafe - best breakfast in atlanta georgia
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2012, 01:03 PM

397 posts, read 378,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brent6969 View Post
The Highland Bakery

Highland Bakery -- Atlanta, GA
I like the Highland Bakery breakfast in general but oddly enough, I think their baked goods are poor. I have different breads as well as some desserts and was very unimpressed.

I do like Thumbs Up a lot as well.

Old 03-13-2012, 01:10 PM

13,789 posts, read 8,170,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdawk View Post
I like the Highland Bakery breakfast in general but oddly enough, I think their baked goods are poor. I have different breads as well as some desserts and was very unimpressed.
They don't open until 7 am on weekdays which is a tad late for breakfast in my opinion. I would imagine a lot of folks are up and at 'em by then, or at least on their way to work.

Old 03-14-2012, 12:55 PM

10 posts, read 4,272 times
I'm not sure why people think Einstein's is "upscale"...but it is good. However, it's not the best place in town for breakfast/brunch.

In my opinion, there are really only a couple of contenders for the best breakfast in Atlanta, and they are Java Jive on Ponce (insanely good pancakes, "PB&J Goes to France" [trust me], amazing coffee, really yummy egg dishes/biscuits, and friendly as all get out) and Ria's Bluebird on Memorial (NY Times says they have the world's best pancakes, though I slightly prefer Java Jive's, but they also have fish and grits, brisket, breakfast burritos/huevos, etc.).

There are some other really good places, especially if you extend "breakfast" to "weekend brunch." For weekday as well as weekend breakfast, Sun in My Belly in Kirkwood is really good, and of course, Flying Biscuit is the standard bearer, though I'm a bit burned out on them. However, if you're new to town, you'll love them. I like West Egg, but I wouldn't say I love 'em. Cakes & Ale is great if you just want really good coffee and pastries. Highland Bakery can be hit or miss, but they do certain things very well (like sweet potato pancakes and ricotta pancakes w/ blueberries, and an awesome fried chicken benedict).

Good brunch places: Murphy's, Canoe (pricier), Cafe 640, Babette's Cafe.

I am not a fan of Thumbs Up Diner, Rise 'N Dine, J. Christopher's, Sweet Melissa's...the quality is just not as good as the other places, in my opinion.

Old 03-14-2012, 02:31 PM

4 posts, read 5,720 times
It is probably too far from where you are staying but Homegrown on Memorial is my favorite breakfast spot in Atlanta.

Old 03-14-2012, 02:57 PM
JPD

7,440 posts, read 7,382,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtech1997 View Post
It is probably too far from where you are staying but Homegrown on Memorial is my favorite breakfast spot in Atlanta.
It's Clint Eastwood's favorite, too.

Old 03-14-2012, 03:08 PM

1,320 posts, read 2,572,237 times
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Radial Cafe in Candler Park. They are definitely worth checking out. They have an amazing breakfast/brunch menu and they focus on local, sustainable ingredients.

RadialCafe

Old 03-14-2012, 03:10 PM

1,552 posts, read 821,372 times
Thumbs up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta