Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 02:50 PM

2,819 posts, read 10,403,643 times

Advertisements

Traitor!!! lol

Good Luck! I have always said if you live close to your work your overall quality of life will be much better. Enjoy the City!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2012, 02:53 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,365,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
Hopefully you're in the Fulton side of Lenox Park. If you're in Dekalb, you've got a whole different story.
I live in Dekalb, and have had no issues dealing with the County offices here.

Old 03-22-2012, 05:04 AM

1,262 posts, read 2,974,801 times
Quote:
You couldn't have picked a better intown location.

Roxboro Road is great. Any time you miss the slower pace of Lawrenceville, just head on over to Lenox Park and you'll feel fine.

Believe me, there's not much to not like about that area, except that you won't be able to buy as big of a house.

Where exactly are you living? Inside Lenox Park, the Park at East Paces, or one of those near Peachtree?

I miss that area. The only reason I moved to the suburbs was because I couldn't afford anything reasonable in that area. If I could afford a house in Lenox Park, it would be a no brainer for me.
I'm closer to Peachtree than Lenox Park.

Thanks so much for all the well wishes, they are greatly appreciated!

Old 03-22-2012, 12:44 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,412,952 times
I've lived in Dekalb for a few years as well now, haven't had any complaints.

Old 03-22-2012, 12:47 PM

8,486 posts, read 14,999,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsonga View Post
I'm closer to Peachtree than Lenox Park.

Thanks so much for all the well wishes, they are greatly appreciated!
Ah, that's my neighborhood (I'm on the Peachtree side.) If you have noticed a large amount of sirens in the area, don't be surprised, but you will have to get used to it. There are a lot of assisted living homes and elderly condos near the Dekalb border. I'm not saying they are the reason, but they always seem to be going in that direction from the fire house under Phipps. On a usual day expect to hear a siren at least 5 times from dusk til dawn. On a bad day, I've heard it at least 2 dozen times.

Old 03-22-2012, 03:28 PM

1,868 posts, read 3,068,288 times
Quote:
When I lived in Buckhead, I always made sure to take the extra time and visit the satellite offices as far up into North Fulton as I could possibly get. They're nicer up there for sure!

Hopefully you're in the Fulton side of Lenox Park. If you're in Dekalb, you've got a whole different story.

Still, you're not going to pick a place to live based on having to get a drivers license or car tag every few years!
Agreed!

I usually drive to the office in north point whenever I have to renew my car registration. I attempted the downtown location one time... never again.

To the OP, congrats! You picked a great location.

Old 03-22-2012, 04:18 PM

32,025 posts, read 36,788,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsonga View Post
Also, I am getting used to the great convenience of the area.
To me that's the real advantage of living intown -- you have a tremendous array of options within a very short distance. For instance, if I'm understanding where you are, there are about three Krogers, two Publix's, a Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, Fresh Market and umpteen specialty grocers, farmers markets and wine shops within 2 miles.

Old 03-23-2012, 07:41 AM

306 posts, read 328,244 times
Sounds like ya made a nice choice of location to live! I'm sure you will enjoy being close to the "action" now lol!!!

Old 03-23-2012, 09:06 AM

4,790 posts, read 6,875,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billl View Post
Believe me, any dealings you may have with Fulton County employees won't make you miss Gwinnett any less. We lived in Fulton for 13 years and I just thought this is how all county government offices are run. Then we moved to Cherokee and it was like a breath of fresh air! You mean people at the tag office actually smile? And there isn't a wait? And it's only a few miles from my house? How is this possible?
maybe it's because i haven't had dealings with other counties, but when i moved from forsyth to fulton, it was a breath of fresh air to me. the people up at the DMV in forsyth county always had hour long waits, terrible service and terribly rude employees. in sandy springs, the DMV is like heaven compared to the one up in forsyth (i know the DMV is a state-run thing, so maybe it's just a fluke). but considering the dealings i've had with the tax commisioner and whatnot, fulton seems better to me than forsyth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta