Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 10:34 PM

37,872 posts, read 41,874,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
One can only hope the Atlanta group's demeanor is as pleasant as that of lovely young charm school graduate Jonatha Carr here (who'd been interviewed for TV only the day before this impromptu filming, as she was 'getting up a bus' to go and protest the Trayvon Tragedy):
FAU student Jonatha Carr freaks out in class on professor (Updated) - YouTube

It's really wonderful that she chose to express herself in Evolution Class. EVOLUTION CLASS!!!! You know The Theory of Evolution has many enemies in the South, who mock believers with jeers like, "Are you callin' me a Monkey?", and "Well you know....they still haven't found the Missing Link." Possibly the sharing we see here is meant to validate or illustrate Darwin's theory. Thank you, Miss Carr, I think we see your point!

But maybe Jonatha was overwhelmed with the realization that the only man whose name was worthy of her own, was gone, GONE, GONE, before they could even meet. I mean, who better to pair with a woman named Jonatha, than a man named Trayvon? Both names are wonderful singly, but together, they are MAGIC! The two were meant to be together, and it's all the fault of white people (regardless of the fact that Mr. Zimmerman, who shot Trayvon, is definitely and emphatically not white...but then, I think I heard her screech something about Jews, too...maybe to cover all bases...).

Two ancillary things illustrated here are: a) The effect of Centrifugal Force on a WEAVE.
b) That Mr. Zimmerman may well have had reason to fear for his life, when confronted by an unarmed 'youth'.
I have no clue what you're raving about or how it's even relevant to Atlanta.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:38 PM

538 posts, read 925,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
I have no clue what you're raving about or how it's even relevant to Atlanta.
The day before this "charm school graduate" had her little rant in evolution class at FAU about folks killing black people she was interviewed about her plans to put togther a busload of folks to attend the Traymon rally....

Old 03-22-2012, 10:39 PM

8,482 posts, read 14,981,915 times
This is a really morbid thread and hatefully useless. No matter if you think he was a thug, or if the crime was racially motivated, one fact remains: A seventeen year old kid was shot dead. What kind of man can really call himself a man to exalt over the death of a child and use it to spout their hatred.

Mods, please close this literally crap thread.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
This is a really morbid thread and hatefully useless. No matter if you think he was a thug, or if the crime was racially motivated, one fact remains: A seventeen year old kid was shot dead. What kind of man can really call himself a man to exalt over the death of a child and use it to spout their hatred.

Mods, please close this literally crap thread.
Not one person on this thread has "exalted over the death" of a 17 year old man........the thread is about why hundreds of Atlantans would leave their families and jobs to attend a protest rally over this case when the evidence appears to show that the shooter acted in self defense of the 6'3 "child" who was on top of him and beating him....

Old 03-22-2012, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwinds View Post
The day before this "charm school graduate" had her little rant in evolution class at FAU about folks killing black people she was interviewed about her plans to put togther a busload of folks to attend the Traymon rally....
Again, how is that relevant to Atlanta? What purpose does it serve being mentioned in this forum? If that same girl took a crap before getting on the bus to the rally and made a video of it, should we discuss that too?

Old 03-22-2012, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Not one person on this thread has "exalted over the death" of a 17 year old man........the thread is about why hundreds of Atlantans would leave their families and jobs to attend a protest rally over this case when the evidence appears to show that the shooter acted in self defense of the 6'3 "child" who was on top of him and beating him....
You just enjoy making crap up as you go along, don't you?

Old 03-22-2012, 11:10 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,763,381 times
Quote:
Again, how is that relevant to Atlanta? What purpose does it serve being mentioned in this forum? If that same girl took a crap before getting on the bus to the rally and made a video of it, should we discuss that too?
The Original Post could be paraphrased as, "What sort of folks might be boarding the bus from Atlanta?"

Well, here's someone who's been involved in organizing the same sort of bus ride to the protest. For that reason, I believe that her inspiring speech here can serve to enlighten us regarding the character, motivations, and intellectual prowess of those attending the rally.

Old 03-22-2012, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
The Original Post could be paraphrased as, "What sort of folks might be boarding the bus from Atlanta?"

Well, here's someone who's been involved in organizing the same sort of bus ride to the protest. For that reason, I believe that her inspiring speech here can serve to enlighten us regarding the character, motivations, and intellectual prowess of those attending the rally.
All because this girl in the video and the people attending the rally from Atlanta only have attending the rally in common. Oh, and they're Black. Sure, makes a ton of sense.

I guess this incident would give me a lot of insight into the "character, motivations," and moral values of your high school-aged relatives in Lake Oswego also?

Old 03-22-2012, 11:29 PM

Quote:
All because this girl in the video and the people attending the rally from Atlanta only have attending the rally in common. Oh, and they're Black. Sure, makes a ton of sense.

I guess this incident would give me a lot of insight into the "character, motivations," and moral values of your high school-aged relatives in Lake Oswego also?

Were the folks in Lake Oswego attending the Traymon rally?....if not, that would be a stretch beyond anything I've ever seen on this forum....thanks for playing....you fail.....

Old 03-22-2012, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Were the folks in Lake Oswego attending the Traymon rally?....if not, that would be a stretch beyond anything I've ever seen on this forum....thanks for playing....you fail.....
You CANNOT be that dense. I don't think it's possible. And do you get your right and left index fingers confused? Again, it's Trayvon, not Traymon. How hard is it to type someone's name correctly?

The point is that if one can make an assumption about an entire group based on one person, then that sort of logic should extend to other areas. If everybody attending the rally in Florida is crazy because one girl who's attending is crazy, then all high schools students in Lake Oswego are vandals because a couple of the students are vandals.

See, that wasn't so hard, was it?

Or maybe it was...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta