Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 03:05 PM

1,262 posts, read 2,974,017 times

Advertisements

Lawsuit: Student Body President Removed Over Gay Prom Proposal - ABC News

This kinda hit home, as I work almost across the street from Alpharetta High. What are y'all's thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2012, 03:27 PM

399 posts, read 700,481 times
Think of how many past kings and queens were gay and no one knew. One reason I am moving to a more liberal area when I retire.

Old 03-24-2012, 03:34 PM

74 posts, read 189,369 times
there is no tolerance left in this world. reminds me of a high school in Mississippi that held segregated proms until 2008. adults can be so ignorant.

Old 03-24-2012, 05:01 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,409,947 times
Perfect example of the generational divide over homosexuality.

Old 03-24-2012, 06:04 PM

4,790 posts, read 6,871,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabella View Post
Think of how many past kings and queens were gay and no one knew. One reason I am moving to a more liberal area when I retire.
the fact that it was even proposed shows where alpharetta is headed. i'm glad to be living in a place where the student council president would propose that.

the alpharetta city government is also changing, with many forward-thinking individuals working to re-create the downtown area after all of these years of suburban sprawl ruining the area. and i'm not talking about another suwannee.

Old 03-25-2012, 04:51 AM

1,050 posts, read 1,690,758 times
I am sorry but a prom king and queen should be a boy and a girl. It is a typical high school tradition. This is a student who wants to start something so he can get attention. He is another Sandra Fluke in the making, and that is not a compliment. I fully believe what Fulton County Schools has said in the interviews with the AJC, etc. He was probably one of the typical far left young persons who want to change everything and when other students(and administration) did not agree with him; he became angry. Now I wonder is his family paying the attorney, or is the attorney working on contingency? In most countries lawyers do not work on contingency, and that is why we have these crazy lawsuits in America.

Oh and google the fathers name Nathaniel Lack, and then google James Radford the attorney. You will learn a lot about the two of them. Basically the father is a far left guy and the lawyer is the typical frivolous lawsuit lawyer. And run the fathers name through the Fulton Clerk, you will see what kind of guy he is.

These people who always have to start something to get attention just make me so mad! I feel this lawsuit is just about getting attention for the father and son. They would have sued over anything. I cannot believe they are then trying to get money from the teachers and principal. Maybe they need the money for the expensive colleges the son wants to go too! These are the kinds of people that make me in my line of work have to have so many asset protection strategies(Trusts, LLCs, FLPs, etc). Disclaimer: I have nothing against gay people, my wife and I both employee gay people and have friends who are LGBT(yes all four types!).

Also on the lawyers website he posts things high school students wrote about Reuben Lack on twitter! Oh come on you are a lawyer posting what high school students write on twitter! I hope those students file a lawsuit against this attorney.

Other articles:

Suit claims Alpharetta student body president replaced over prom proposal *| ajc.com

Interview: Alpharetta student suing school over denied LGBT prom resolution speaks out

Last edited by GeorgiaLakeSearch; 03-25-2012 at 06:19 AM..

Old 03-25-2012, 06:33 AM

399 posts, read 700,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaLakeSearch View Post
I am sorry but a prom king and queen should be a boy and a girl. It is a typical high school tradition. This is a student who wants to start something so he can get attention. He is another Sandra Fluke in the making, and that is not a compliment. I fully believe what Fulton County Schools has said in the interviews with the AJC, etc. He was probably one of the typical far left young persons who want to change everything and when other students(and administration) did not agree with him; he became angry. Now I wonder is his family paying the attorney, or is the attorney working on contingency? In most countries lawyers do not work on contingency, and that is why we have these crazy lawsuits in America.

Oh and google the fathers name Nathaniel Lack, and then google James Radford the attorney. You will learn a lot about the two of them. Basically the father is a far left guy and the lawyer is the typical frivolous lawsuit lawyer. And run the fathers name through the Fulton Clerk, you will see what kind of guy he is.

These people who always have to start something to get attention just make me so mad! I feel this lawsuit is just about getting attention for the father and son. They would have sued over anything. I cannot believe they are then trying to get money from the teachers and principal. Maybe they need the money for the expensive colleges the son wants to go too! These are the kinds of people that make me in my line of work have to have so many asset protection strategies(Trusts, LLCs, FLPs, etc). Disclaimer: I have nothing against gay people, my wife and I both employee gay people and have friends who are LGBT(yes all four types!).

Also on the lawyers website he posts things high school students wrote about Reuben Lack on twitter! Oh come on you are a lawyer posting what high school students write on twitter! I hope those students file a lawsuit against this attorney.

Other articles:

Suit claims Alpharetta student body president replaced over prom proposal *| ajc.com

Interview: Alpharetta student suing school over denied LGBT prom resolution speaks out
The King can be a gay boy and the Queen can be a lesbian so that would keep the tradition.

Old 03-25-2012, 07:12 AM

1,050 posts, read 1,690,758 times
Quote:
The King can be a gay boy and the Queen can be a lesbian so that would keep the tradition.
I agree with you, I did some research on the issue and found out at Alpharetta High they vote one boy and one girl for king and queen(which I had already assumed). So it is not a couple. It is fine to me if a gay boy wins king and a lesbian girl wins queen. My point is it should be one boy and one girl since they are voting for one girl and one guy. They are not voting by couple, the boy Reuben Lack just was trying to start something. Now I could understand Reuben's point if the school voted for a straight couple but that is not the issue here. Nobody was being discriminated against at the school. Reuben was just trying to push his idea which would have been valid if the circumstances were different.

Old 03-25-2012, 10:25 AM

32,019 posts, read 36,773,537 times
Quote:
Why is their sexuality relevant at all?

I'm opposed to big government getting into people's personal lives.

Old 03-25-2012, 10:58 AM

2,118 posts, read 6,374,505 times
I think we should do away with prom altogether, once and for all.
It's not essential to the pupils' school'in.

Prom promotes dancin and hand-holdin both of which is against my relijun.

I don't like my tax dollurs going twards things that violate my relijun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: