U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-28-2012, 09:13 AM
 
2,407 posts, read 2,625,857 times
Reputation: 903

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
It's a very easy walk fro Georgia State MARTA station. I always find it amusing (and extremely pathetic) that sports fans pay money to watch athletes, who have trained and worked out for tens of thousands of hours, while they themselves are so lazy that they whine and moan over the mere thought of walking on a sidewalk for 15 minutes to get to the stadium.
To be fair, while it isn't a bad walk, walking that distance in 95 degree heat through the sea of concrete and asphalt on a Sunday afternoon is a less than enjoyable experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-28-2012, 09:16 AM
 
3,129 posts, read 5,174,562 times
Reputation: 1588
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
It's a very easy walk fro Georgia State MARTA station. I always find it amusing (and extremely pathetic) that sports fans pay money to watch athletes, who have trained and worked out for tens of thousands of hours, while they themselves are so lazy that they whine and moan over the mere thought of walking on a sidewalk for 15 minutes to get to the stadium.
It is ****ing ridiculous. How would these people live in other cities where walking is a way of life. Are they aware in some cities you don't need a car to live/work/play? Yes its possible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
From Georgia State Station to Turner Field via Capital Ave is less than 1 mile. Not a bad walk and the old Capital Homes Housing Projects have since bee torn down. Capital Ave is well lit so there should be no problem of walking to the station. I think MARTA chose to bus fans to 5 Points Station so they can have accessibility to all lines.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcorndog View Post
To be fair, while it isn't a bad walk, walking that distance in 95 degree heat through the sea of concrete and asphalt on a Sunday afternoon is a less than enjoyable experience.
Do you want air conditioned sidewalks? You do realize baseball season its just in the summer right. People walk in 100 degree heat all the time. The walk isn't that bad b/c you are not surrounded by buildings increasing the city heat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2012, 09:17 AM
JPD
 
11,928 posts, read 14,585,658 times
Reputation: 7611
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcorndog View Post
To be fair, while it isn't a bad walk, walking that distance in 95 degree heat through the sea of concrete and asphalt on a Sunday afternoon is a less than enjoyable experience.
But sitting in the 95 degree sun for three hours on hot plastic seats isn't?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2012, 09:26 AM
 
Location: Kirkwood
22,395 posts, read 16,408,275 times
Reputation: 4991
Quote:
To be fair, while it isn't a bad walk, walking that distance in 95 degree heat through the sea of concrete and asphalt on a Sunday afternoon is a less than enjoyable experience.
There is a bus route up Capital Ave from Turner Field to Georgia State.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2012, 09:39 AM
 
2,407 posts, read 2,625,857 times
Reputation: 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
But sitting in the 95 degree sun for three hours on hot plastic seats isn't?
Don't be r.idiculous.

Sitting in the shade sipping a cold beer watching baseball /= walking across hot asphalt.

Comparing the two to try to emphasize whatever point you ware trying to make only weakens your argument and illustrates a lack of sound logic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2012, 09:51 AM
JPD
 
11,928 posts, read 14,585,658 times
Reputation: 7611
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcorndog View Post
Don't be r.idiculous.

Sitting in the shade sipping a cold beer watching baseball /= walking across hot asphalt.

Comparing the two to try to emphasize whatever point you ware trying to make only weakens your argument and illustrates a lack of sound logic.
So you're saying that the seats at Turner Field are shaded?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2012, 10:00 AM
 
2,407 posts, read 2,625,857 times
Reputation: 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
So you're saying that the seats at Turner Field are shaded?
Are you saying that all aren't shaded?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2012, 10:04 AM
JPD
 
11,928 posts, read 14,585,658 times
Reputation: 7611
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcorndog View Post
Are you saying that all aren't shaded?
Many, if not most, are not shaded. Obviously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2012, 10:10 AM
 
3,129 posts, read 5,174,562 times
Reputation: 1588
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcorndog View Post
Don't be r.idiculous.

Sitting in the shade sipping a cold beer watching baseball /= walking across hot asphalt.

Comparing the two to try to emphasize whatever point you ware trying to make only weakens your argument and illustrates a lack of sound logic.
You really should not call anyones argument lacking logic. You are scared to walk a mile downtown b/c its far and OMG ITS HOT.

Maybe walk and drink beer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2012, 10:12 AM
 
2,407 posts, read 2,625,857 times
Reputation: 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
Many, if not most, are not shaded. Obviously.
Perhaps you are choosing the wrong seats to sit in because I am always able to find a shaded seat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top