U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-28-2012, 09:18 AM
 
2,407 posts, read 2,611,601 times
Reputation: 903

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
You really should not call anyones argument lacking logic. You are scared to walk a mile downtown b/c its far and OMG ITS HOT.

Maybe walk and drink beer
My original statement:

Quote:
To be fair, while it isn't a bad walk, walking that distance in 95 degree heat through the sea of concrete and asphalt on a Sunday afternoon is a less than enjoyable experience.
Who said anything about scared to walk a mile downtown? I have no problem walking in heat, and would put my physical fitness record against anyone on here. I'm not concerned for me, but that mile walk in oppressive heat might be a problem for the sick, very young or the elderly. Think outside yourself for a second numbnuts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-28-2012, 09:24 AM
 
3,129 posts, read 5,144,177 times
Reputation: 1588
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcorndog View Post
My original statement:



Who said anything about scared to walk a mile downtown? I have no problem walking in heat, and would put my physical fitness record against anyone on here. I'm not concerned for me, but that mile walk in oppressive heat might be a problem for the sick, very young or the elderly. Think outside yourself for a second numbnuts.
OMG THINK OF THE CHILDRENZS!!!! Now you playing a saint. Please.

Lets go back to bitching about the lame Falcons. They suck, they don't deserve a stadium, the GA DOME has done hardly anything by itself to uplift the area around it at taxpayer expense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2012, 09:28 AM
JPD
 
11,858 posts, read 14,468,147 times
Reputation: 7541
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcorndog View Post
My original statement:



Who said anything about scared to walk a mile downtown? I have no problem walking in heat, and would put my physical fitness record against anyone on here. I'm not concerned for me, but that mile walk in oppressive heat might be a problem for the sick, very young or the elderly. Think outside yourself for a second numbnuts.
They have options.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2012, 09:29 AM
JPD
 
11,858 posts, read 14,468,147 times
Reputation: 7541
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcorndog View Post
Perhaps you are choosing the wrong seats to sit in because I am always able to find a shaded seat.
That doesn't in any way refute what I said.

Now that you've resorted to name calling, you lose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2012, 09:53 AM
 
2,407 posts, read 2,611,601 times
Reputation: 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
That doesn't in any way refute what I said.

Now that you've resorted to name calling, you lose.
My statement went on to show that if you are smart, you can sit in the shade. If you do no research, you'll end up baking in bleacher seats.

I don't recall calling you a name. You are okay, just slow. That other guy is slow and a
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2012, 09:59 AM
JPD
 
11,858 posts, read 14,468,147 times
Reputation: 7541
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcorndog View Post
My statement went on to show that if you are smart, you can sit in the shade. If you do no research, you'll end up baking in bleacher seats.
Again, in no way does that refute any of my statements.

I'm through with this off-topic line of discussion.

__________

Do the Falcons need a new stadium? No. If I'm wrong, explain to me why they need one and why the taxpayers, and not private ivestors, should contribute to the costs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2012, 10:10 AM
 
Location: ITP - City of Atlanta Proper
7,797 posts, read 11,731,309 times
Reputation: 5394
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
Do the Falcons need a new stadium? No. If I'm wrong, explain to me why they need one and why the taxpayers, and not private ivestors, should contribute to the costs.
No. While the idea of a new stadium is exciting, as well as being able to watch watch Pro Football outside in this city like God intended, it is rather asinine. The Dome was just completed in 1993 and it is a fine stadium despite the fact it's indoors.

Now if Arthur Blank wants to bless the city with a new stadium with his own money, and still on top of a MARTA station, I won't get in his way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2012, 01:10 PM
 
Location: Kirkwood
22,157 posts, read 16,157,856 times
Reputation: 4894
Quote:
and still on top of a MARTA station
That's the thing about the proposed site at Northside and Ivan Allen. Its 1 mile from the Dome Station. It would have the same issues as corndog has with Turner Field. Then Vine City and English Ave neighborhoods become a sea of parking lots. Keep the Falcons at the Dome, let Blank use his billions to build a new stadium and MARTA connection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2012, 01:43 PM
 
Location: 30080
2,124 posts, read 3,392,972 times
Reputation: 1461
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Blank is the billionaire, not the city of Atlanta or the State of Georgia. The Dome is perfectly fine, who cares about hosting a Super Bowl, when we host the SEC Championship Game football and basketball, Chick-fil-a Bowl, and Chick-fil-a Kick off Game?
I'm gonna guess the fact that none of those are the most popular sports event in the world and the super bowl is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2012, 02:10 PM
JPD
 
11,858 posts, read 14,468,147 times
Reputation: 7541
Building a new stadium in hopes of getting the super bowl is the dumbest idea currently floating around in this state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top