Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2013, 12:49 AM

957 posts, read 3,343,680 times

Advertisements

W. Forsyth High School Cluster Housing Data:

Median Home Price 2012: $242,655

201 homes active
630 homes sold in 2012
Inventory Level: 3.8 months
Highest Sale: Polo Golf & Country Club for $715,000
Lowest Sale: Evergreen Valley for $12,000
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2013, 12:54 AM

S. Forsyth High School Cluster Housing Data:

Median Home Price 2012: $290,000
142 homes active
624 homes sold in 2012
Inventory Level: 2.7 months
Highest Sale: Creek Stone Estates for $970,000
Lowest Sale: Pine Valley for $47,777

The inventory is extremely tight in S. Forsyth over Lambert, Northview, W. Forsyth, Chattahoochee, and Johns Creek High School at 2.7 month of inventory. This shows me there is strong demand for homes in S. Forsyth. Also we can see that the S. Forsyth HS ranks #9 ahead of Lambert in the 2012 rankings. I definitely see a correlation in the school ranking and the demand for homes in that school district.

Old 01-26-2013, 07:20 AM

1,039 posts, read 2,416,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpanda View Post
Another interesting thing to note is the inventory levels. When i first moved to Georgia in June of 2011, the inventory levels in both Northview and Lambert hovered around 1 year's worth of inventory. Good deals were all over the place. Today that inventory is down to around 3.6 months. We are now shifting from what used to be a buyer's market to a seller's market. I predict that we will see a rising interest rate environment with home prices rising in these two high schools clusters. Today it is cheaper to own than to rent, but i see rental parity in the near future. What i mean by rental parity is that with 20% down, you will see an environment where it will be more expensive to own (carrying cost: mortgage, insurance, HOA, and Tax) than to rent.
I think this summary is true. Real estate in parts of metro Atlanta have been turning around depending on locatioin. For suburban areas with good public schools, the rise in prices in 2012 is an indicator that the residential real estate market is recovering some as compared to what its situation was in 2008.

Old 01-30-2013, 12:10 AM

3 posts, read 5,780 times
Does anyone know of neighborhoods in Johns Creek that allow composting and gardening? My wife and I are thinking of moving to the area. We will be working in Suwanee and Lawrenceville area, but we are attracted to the schools in JC. We don't need this, but we also don't want to be in a neighborhood where everyone sprays pesticides / herbicides on their lawns, and looks down on you, or gets the HOA after you if you try to garden. We would prefer to be on the eastern side of JC, closer to work. We are looking at the Shakerag area, but those seem to have strict HOAs. Thanks in advance.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:39 AM

Our budget would be to stay under 350k for a house. It would also be nice to have neighbors since we have a small child.

Old 01-30-2013, 03:22 PM

1,039 posts, read 2,416,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwest1981 View Post
Does anyone know of neighborhoods in Johns Creek that allow composting and gardening? My wife and I are thinking of moving to the area. We will be working in Suwanee and Lawrenceville area, but we are attracted to the schools in JC. We don't need this, but we also don't want to be in a neighborhood where everyone sprays pesticides / herbicides on their lawns, and looks down on you, or gets the HOA after you if you try to garden. We would prefer to be on the eastern side of JC, closer to work. We are looking at the Shakerag area, but those seem to have strict HOAs. Thanks in advance.
For almost anywhere in JC, you would have to buy an older home, probably built before 1990 that does not have an functioning HOA. Otherwise, your choices are limited. Your realtor should be able to pull up some subdivisions with this criteria. There is really no known HOA that is gardener-friendly in the area of which I am aware. If you want the name of a non-HOA subdivision in JC, I can PM you, but I only know of a very small number.

Old 01-31-2013, 01:13 PM

thanks. interesting. looked at a house at doublegate which i believe is a voluntary hoa in jc. my questions would be, are these folks less likely to use herbicides in the lawns. and how hard is it to sell in this type of sudivision if i want to leave?

Old 01-31-2013, 02:44 PM

For you all you CDers living in the Johns Creek area looking to burn 1000 calories tonight. There is a Kickboxing Jam class with Josh at 8 - 9pm at Lifetime Fitness at Johns Creek. MrPanda will be there.. I hope you will be there too. It is a lot of fun!

Address:
Lifetime - Johns Creek
11555 Johns Creek Pkwy
Johns Creek, GA 30098

Old 02-02-2013, 08:55 AM

Wilful,
Though i concentrate on Johns Creek, I look at real estate through a lens of school clusters. Don't get me wrong, North Gwinnett HS is excellent school cluster in Gwinnett Suwanee, but no will argue that the 3 High Schools in Johns Creek, Lambert, S. Forsyth HS ranks higher than N. Gwinnett.

When I speak of Johns Creek, I think about about the old and the new: The old Johns Creek ( Chattoohoochee, JCHS, and Northview ) and the new Johns Creek (Lambert & S. Forsyth): I know this sounds like nonsense as the old Johns Creek is Fulton County and the new Johns Creek is Forsyth, but i see them as one as similar demographics are attracted to buying here.

As an investor myself, I have also looked in the possibility in N. Gwinnett, but when i ran the numbers the cash on cash return is not nearly as good as Forsyth County. Today, I concentrate my investment search in Lambert. When i can't afford Lambert, I will search in S. Forsyth HS, if i can't afford to buy in S. Forsyth, I will continue my search in W. Forsyth. Recently S. Fosyth HS is now ranked #9, passing Lambert at #10. W. Forsyth HS is ranked #19, however the median home price in Lambert is still much higher than that of S. Forsyth HS.

Townsend Creek is a good single family community where the median home price is $210,000. There are a lot of transaction in this subdivision.

If you were to ask me about my opinion about future in the next 7 years..

John Creek + Lambert & S. Forsyth HS real estate will certainly sell at premium over Alpharetta, Gwinnett Suwanee & Duluth, & W. Forsyth. If we have a real estate crash like we had in 2006 - 2011, Johns Creek Real Estate will not decline as nearly as the other areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Notice that you focus on JC to the exclusion of Suwanee in Forsyth and Gwinnett. What are your observations regarding these areas and especially the North Gwinnett H.S. cluster. Am considering either a purchase or perhaps even an investment there. Any thoughts and also do you know anything about Townsend Creek Sub in North Gwinnett Cluster?

Old 02-02-2013, 09:03 AM

Johns Creek ranks #1 in per capita income among cities with a population over 50,000 in the nation.
population: $76,728 and per capita income: $65,994.

Johns Creek ranks #1 with median household income in excess of $200,000. 18% of Johns Creek households make over $200,000.

Who would have ever thought a new city from the South, will beat out Newport Beach (rank #4), Palo Alto (rank #6), Greenwich, CT (rank #2) in terms of per capita income?

Yes, Johns Creek, Georgia.

List of highest-income places in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia : Source

Last edited by mrpanda; 02-02-2013 at 09:23 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta