Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 07:21 AM

249 posts, read 649,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaFishburn View Post
Hi, I'm a Cuban American woman who moved here over a year ago with my husband and two children and live in Johns Creek. I know exactly how you feel, I miss the the culture as well and really haven't met many other Cubans. There is a very good Cuban restaurant very close to my house that is owned by a Cuban man who moved from Miami. It is really quite good! The restaurant's name is Palomillas and I go there on occasion just to get a taste of our food and culture. Check it out it, it's right on Medlock Bridge Road and really close to Alpharetta. Hope to see you there!
Hi Jessica... We have been to the one here in Norcross but will definitively check out the Johns Creek location too... How are the Mojito's ??? My fav!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2012, 07:44 AM

6 posts, read 11,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkvidal View Post
Hi Jessica... We have been to the one here in Norcross but will definitively check out the Johns Creek location too... How are the Mojito's ??? My fav!
I love Mojito's too! I haven't had their Mojito's, I think I'll have to check them out next time. How did you like the Norcross restaurant, would you recommend it?

Old 04-20-2012, 09:20 AM

It's good... We really like it. Their steaks could use some work, a little fatty. But we go there often. I LOVE the Mojito's at Mambo Jambo... We go there a lot too. Owner is Cuban as well, think his name is Jorge. Nice ambiance !

Old 04-20-2012, 11:13 AM

We have not been to Mambo Jambo, I think we'll have to give it a try. How is the food? I'm always looking for authentic Cuban food. I'd also love to find a good Cuban bakery. I've looked online and can't seem to find one. I miss having empanadas and pastelitos with a cafe con leche every once in a while. Let me know if you know of any!

Old 04-20-2012, 01:26 PM

It's good... The ropa Vieja is very good, very saucy! The beans are good... They taste ALMOST as good as my mother in laws! The maduros are very yummy... As are the empanadas. The tres leches is awesome! Oh man a Cuban bakery would be a hit! We saw an empty commercial location on Canton street in Alpharetta or Roswell, not sure and thought it would be perfect for a Cuban bistro and bakery... Pastels de guayaba y queso...empanadas, croquetas, papas rellenas....and of course an espresso bar! Mmmm well it is now my mission to find one! Keep you posted!

Old 04-20-2012, 04:34 PM

Thanks a bunch! Your Cuban bistro would be such a terrific idea. I have been thinking about it as well. It sounds like El Versailles or La Carreta. I used to go there for cortaditos there when I lived in Miami. It certainly brings back memories. I'll keep looking as well and let you know what I find. If anything. Hey, it's great to talk to someone who shares my culture, I have missed that as well. Have a great weekend!!!

Old 04-22-2012, 05:38 PM

Jessica we found the Atlanta Cuban Club! It's in Doraville..... Not sure if your interested but they are having an event on May 20 th for Cuban Independence. It is 20.00 a ticket and there will be food and music, starts at 3 p,m... We are thinking of checking it out!

Old 04-22-2012, 07:45 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,357,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkvidal View Post
perfect for a Cuban bistro and bakery... Pastels de guayaba y queso...empanadas, croquetas, papas rellenas....and of course an espresso bar! Mmmm well it is now my mission to find one! Keep you posted!
I would stock up with a small box of these at a Cuban bakery in Miami and snack on these as I drove my rental car to Key Largo! Me encantan!

Old 04-23-2012, 01:57 PM

Hi, I wish I could go to the Cuban Independence event. It would have been great to meet you and others who share our culture, but I'll be in Miami for a friend's wedding. I'm going to be there for a few weeks visiting family and friends as well. I'll find out if they will be holding any other events prior to May 20th and will let you know. It's great talking to you! Take care and keep in touch!

Old 06-03-2012, 09:46 PM

1 posts, read 2,052 times
Default Cuban in Atlanta

I moved here 10 years ago from Florida. I, too, am looking to meet Cubans. I am a senior citizen living in metro Atlanta.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta