Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 09:54 AM

1,648 posts, read 3,263,042 times

Advertisements

Ghetto, in reference to AS, is used more as a code than it is for fear of getting shot/mugged.

It's fed from the perception of over abundance of 30K millionaire cars, spinning rims, swaggering on the sidewalks and bootylicious females. And tourists.

People tend to go to bars to hang out/meet/mingle with people like them. The narcissitic side of all of us. It's not a "bad" or "dangerous" area at all - it just scares the Bath & Body Works, Victorian Secret, Abercrombie crowd. So they refer to it as "ghetto".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2012, 09:58 AM

616 posts, read 1,110,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belleislerunner View Post
People tend to go to bars to hang out/meet/mingle with people like them. The narcissitic side of all of us. It's not a "bad" or "dangerous" area at all - it just scares the Bath & Body Works, Victorian Secret, Abercrombie crowd. So they refer to it as "ghetto".

LOL'ing. Nice post.

Old 08-09-2012, 10:54 AM

9,008 posts, read 14,015,985 times
I agree with this on AS in general. And I'm not the kind of person who only goes there for lunch. I've been to midnight movies on Thursday nights there and have never had a problem.

However, I do know someone who used to be a manager at one of the premiere restaurants there, and he said people were arrested with guns in the restaurant all the time. He also said the restaurant's ownership was constantly thinking about closing the location because so many people would come to be seen and just order water and tie up tables for hours, so the restaurant wasn't making much money.

I also knew a guy who lived there, I think in the lofts, and he constantly complained about how rude and ghetto his neighbors were. This isn't a guy who would be shy about banging on a door and telling people to shut the hell up, I'm talking about a 6' tall black guy who is probably at least 250lbs, maybe more, of pure muscle....and he moved out after his lease was up.

So I agree that at first glance, I haven't seen any real problems there either. But, people who are much more familiar with the area than I am say there are problems, so I have to give that at least some credibility.

Old 08-09-2012, 01:37 PM

449 posts, read 1,173,715 times
Random ?, but does anyone any info on the DUO Condos in Castleberry Hills?

I've been to a bar over there on a Sat night and it seems as if there were a bunch of college aged kids hanging around since it's near the AUC/West End.

Saw another condo in that area that appeared to be a steal

Old 08-09-2012, 01:50 PM

4,688 posts, read 8,004,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL_II_DMV View Post
Random ?, but does anyone any info on the DUO Condos in Castleberry Hills?

I've been to a bar over there on a Sat night and it seems as if there were a bunch of college aged kids hanging around since it's near the AUC/West End.

Saw another condo in that area that appeared to be a steal
So you plan on leaving the Dmv?

Old 08-09-2012, 01:59 PM

16 posts, read 29,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL_II_DMV View Post
I've been looking at condos in Atlantic Station lately, they're going for ridiculously low prices. I wonder what the downside is to living in Atlantic Station if u can find a deal low enough that the condo can't possibly drop any lower.

Anyone know what types of residents have been moving into the various condos there? I've been looking at "12 Atlantic Station"
My friend lives in the 12 Atlantic and his floor ALWAYS smells like weed. One of his neighbors has a new girl over every time I'm over there. LOL. There is always loud music going on his floor. IMO, his condo is not worth what he paid for it.. People have consistently told me that Atlantic Station attracts the wrong clientele. It is busy during the days, but I feel like after 10 it becomes dead..

Old 08-09-2012, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
So you plan on leaving the Dmv?
Been planning to come back for years. I have a SFH in Fairburn, but I have a tenant in it and also don't want to move down there.

Old 08-09-2012, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirev350 View Post
My friend lives in the 12 Atlantic and his floor ALWAYS smells like weed. One of his neighbors has a new girl over every time I'm over there. LOL. There is always loud music going on his floor. IMO, his condo is not worth what he paid for it.. People have consistently told me that Atlantic Station attracts the wrong clientele. It is busy during the days, but I feel like after 10 it becomes dead..
I don't mind the weed smell, I'll probably be blazing from time to time myself.

Not looking forward to loud music being blasted so I'm gonna check that out next time I'm looking at condos over there

I'm going to be working from home so I was hoping to find a spot that was somewhat lively during the day when I take breaks to prevent me from getting cabin fever.

Old 08-09-2012, 02:23 PM

4,688 posts, read 8,004,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hirev350 View Post
They have "diversified" at night recently with the openings of Yard House and Meegan's Irish Pub

Old 08-09-2012, 02:24 PM

9,008 posts, read 14,015,985 times
I don't know how long it would take before changes in the types of people AS attracts to visit will result in a change in the kind of people who live in the condos there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta