U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 04-15-2012, 04:48 PM

1,357 posts, read 827,052 times
Default Atlanta Food Truck Park Opens This Month

I am sure this concept will eventually grow to other parts of the city.

"Food trucks are becoming an ever larger part of Atlanta’s food scene. With the new Atlanta Food Truck Park & Market park opening this month, you’ll have a permanent place to hit your favorites..."

The Atlanta Food Truck Park to open this month | Food and More with John Kessler
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 04-15-2012, 05:14 PM

1,544 posts, read 1,756,064 times
Food trucks have been so slow to catch on here. I used to love them over 10 years ago when I was in DC.

Unread 04-16-2012, 08:19 AM

397 posts, read 352,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Food trucks have been so slow to catch on here. I used to love them over 10 years ago when I was in DC.
I thought it was more a problem of regulations here that have kept food trucks out for while.

Unread 04-16-2012, 08:38 AM

9,095 posts, read 19,637,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdawk View Post
I thought it was more a problem of regulations here that have kept food trucks out for while.
Correct. Atlanta had a huge amount of red tape (and some claimed political issue) that kept food trucks at a bare minimum here compared to other cities. There are a variety of articles online if you google them, but one such blip with details is HERE.

Unread 04-18-2012, 05:12 PM

12,604 posts, read 7,196,794 times
Howell Mill and I-75 is an excellent central location for this. Let's eat!

Unread 04-18-2012, 05:50 PM

934 posts, read 633,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Howell Mill and I-75 is an excellent central location for this. Let's eat!

Indeed. The Howell Mill Food Park was running all last summer, but its location behind the Willy's on Howell Mill made it harder to find, and parking was not fun. This location, only about a block away, is great.

Unread 04-18-2012, 07:56 PM

897 posts, read 757,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samiwas1 View Post
Indeed. The Howell Mill Food Park was running all last summer, but its location behind the Willy's on Howell Mill made it harder to find, and parking was not fun. This location, only about a block away, is great.
I'm super stoked about this. But as I was driving past it this morning, I was wondering to myself, "Where are people going to park to come here?" It's not easily accessible by public transit. It is SUPER accessible by car, but it's hard to tell where our cars will be able to park.

Unread 04-27-2012, 01:49 PM

Looks like the Food Truck Park is getting off to a great start...

Food truck park opens to huge crowds *| ajc.com

Unread 05-09-2012, 01:39 AM

897 posts, read 757,577 times
Oh good grief! The Atlanta city government sure does suck sometimes:

Atlanta Food Truck Park Closed Temporarily Due to Permit Issues - Food on the Run - Eater Atlanta

It's amazing to me how quickly they move on rinky dink permitting issues, while they can't be bothered to address crumbling sidewalks and ill-timed traffic lights for years. (I know it's not the same office, but I don't care. It's about priorities.)

Does this city want to generate business or not? They already make it so difficult for restaurant entrepreneurs in food trucks. They go out of their way to obstruct new food trucks, who will generate additional tax revenue, from opening and/or parking too close to brick-and-mortar restaurants. But they'll throw gobs and gobs of tax incentives to Large Corporation X, which may not even give a crap about this city, to open up shop pretty much wherever they want.

Do we want to support local innovation or not? Do we want to support job creation in all forms, or just heavily subsidized mega corporate jobs?

(BTW, these permits have virtually nothing to do with food safety concern.)

Unread 05-10-2012, 02:25 PM

Glad to see the park re-opened...hopefully all the "permit" issues have been resolved.

Atlanta Food Truck Park reopens *| ajc.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: