Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 04:09 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,294,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post

My only complaint is I wonder why Regal is so aggressive about getting the good locations. Personally, I can't stand Regal, I'm a much bigger fan of AMC, but Regal has been getting all the good locations lately. I wonder why AMC is snoozing.

AMC already has a theater right off the Mansell Road exit on 400. It's not the perfect location, but it's about the same distance from Northpoint Mall as Avalon is. They wouldn't want another location that close.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2012, 04:13 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,294,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Maybe the developer can set aside space for a future MARTA station, when the Red Line gets extended up GA 400.
Nah- they're probably not thinking 50-60 years out, which is probably how long it'll be before MARTA is that far North.....

Old 04-24-2012, 04:14 PM

4,790 posts, read 6,832,121 times
it will be nice to have something over there replacing the big dirt pit. am looking forward to alpharetta getting a skyline, also. but honestly what excites me more is the redevelopment of downtown alpharetta. this avalon thing is going to be aimed towards big spenders and wannabes, with no real uniqueness or organic culture, it's just going to be another "mall" essentially.

Old 04-24-2012, 05:39 PM

13,976 posts, read 25,852,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post

My only complaint is I wonder why Regal is so aggressive about getting the good locations. Personally, I can't stand Regal, I'm a much bigger fan of AMC, but Regal has been getting all the good locations lately. I wonder why AMC is snoozing.
Regal is also at the Northpoint Mall area. I wonder if that location will close.
I really like the Studio Movie Grill concept.

Old 04-24-2012, 05:49 PM

4,688 posts, read 7,990,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post
it will be nice to have something over there replacing the big dirt pit. am looking forward to alpharetta getting a skyline, also. but honestly what excites me more is the redevelopment of downtown alpharetta. this avalon thing is going to be aimed towards big spenders and wannabes, with no real uniqueness or organic culture, it's just going to be another "mall" essentially.
It will be the "Atlantic Station North"

The People on the Northside that do not feel like driving to Atlantic Station will now go to Avalon

Old 04-24-2012, 06:26 PM

1,250 posts, read 1,877,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrgpill View Post
whole foods is a good start and a better tenant than any of the AS anchors (Dillard's?? come on..). Hopefully you'll see less of American Eagle and Chico's of the world and more of Intermix and Scoop. One thing I am disappointed w/ both the The Avenue and The Forum is the store mix. Avalon could do well to differentiate in that regard.
I'd rather have stores that sell truly unique and stylish stuff like Uniqlo or Top Shop rather then over priced stores that you mentioned. I mean, there is nothing special or extra stylish about a $200 blouse or $50 cotton V-neck that looks like it could have came out of Target.

Old 04-25-2012, 05:49 AM

425 posts, read 1,751,448 times
I would love a uniqlo here but I believe other cities have dibs on it first if it were to expand beyond NYC. For example, I don't see uniqlo coming here before LA, Chicago, LV, and Miami. Hell, I'll even take Daffy's!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onthemove2014 View Post
I'd rather have stores that sell truly unique and stylish stuff like Uniqlo or Top Shop rather then over priced stores that you mentioned. I mean, there is nothing special or extra stylish about a $200 blouse or $50 cotton V-neck that looks like it could have came out of Target.

Old 04-25-2012, 12:18 PM

31,996 posts, read 36,572,943 times
This is great news for the ATL!

Old 04-25-2012, 12:38 PM

1,250 posts, read 1,877,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrgpill View Post
I would love a uniqlo here but I believe other cities have dibs on it first if it were to expand beyond NYC. For example, I don't see uniqlo coming here before LA, Chicago, LV, and Miami. Hell, I'll even take Daffy's!!
Yeah, that would even be better. I mean I guess stores like Saks Fith appeal to people with a lot of money but no style, so they think spending $200 for a generic polo for example is fashionable.

Old 04-26-2012, 05:12 AM

4,790 posts, read 6,832,121 times
any thoughts about the 14 story building? there were some people concerned with it but honestly i think it's WAAAY better than the endless office complexes on windward, haynes bridge, etc. if you can have one skyscraper and take up 10 acres versus having four mid-rise office buildings over 100 acres... there's no competition. saves the forest, saves space, makes things easier to get to, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta