U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 10:33 AM

811 posts, read 272,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAMPBUCK62 View Post
what ethic makeup are you? Woodstock is increasingly becoming more and more Hispanic so is canton, that may or may not be a plus for you..

We live rigt on the edge of east cobb and Roswell great area good schools affordable housing and a YMCA...
Actually, the number of Hispanics in Canton is lower now than it was in 2006. There's a lot around downtown Canton, but that's about it. Even downtown Canton seems to have fewer hispanics these days.

Woodstock has a few hispanics, but not many.

You talk like the area resembles Gainesville or Dalton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2012, 04:42 PM

8,293 posts, read 8,179,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAMPBUCK62 View Post
what ethic makeup are you? Woodstock is increasingly becoming more and more Hispanic so is canton, that may or may not be a plus for you..

We live rigt on the edge of east cobb and Roswell great area good schools affordable housing and a YMCA...
Without sounding controversial, is there a way I can ask why this matters? Are you talking about illegal immigrants or Americans of Hispanic origin?

Old 07-24-2012, 10:11 PM

1,186 posts, read 1,148,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Without sounding controversial, is there a way I can ask why this matters?
I don't see how one can discuss genocidal levels of immigration without controversy.

Old 07-25-2012, 04:46 PM

9,913 posts, read 14,687,052 times
Quote:
Without sounding controversial, is there a way I can ask why this matters? Are you talking about illegal immigrants or Americans of Hispanic origin?
A large number of ESL students could potentially bring down test scores. I've heard that story before, at any rate ... I have no idea how much truth there would be to it.

Old 07-25-2012, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
A large number of ESL students could potentially bring down test scores. I've heard that story before, at any rate ... I have no idea how much truth there would be to it.
Okay, I see what you mean. So for someone retiring (no kids in school) this would not be a concern. I just didn't know if he meant there was more crime or gang activity. I'm looking for an area where I don't have to do a lot of driving, so I think Roswell is a better choice.

However, I've lived in areas in Florida where there was a very high concentration of people from Central American countries like Mexico and never had any problems. They were all hard-working, religious families. My next door neighbors were immigrants and their 11 year old daughter was an honor student. In fact, it was the White trash in the neighborhood who drove me away.

Thanks for your feedback.

Old 07-27-2012, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Okay, I see what you mean. So for someone retiring (no kids in school) this would not be a concern. I just didn't know if he meant there was more crime or gang activity. I'm looking for an area where I don't have to do a lot of driving, so I think Roswell is a better choice.

However, I've lived in areas in Florida where there was a very high concentration of people from Central American countries like Mexico and never had any problems. They were all hard-working, religious families. My next door neighbors were immigrants and their 11 year old daughter was an honor student. In fact, it was the White trash in the neighborhood who drove me away.

Thanks for your feedback.
"white trash"?

How progressive of you to speak in such a way toward a group of people.

Old 07-27-2012, 08:14 AM

7,756 posts, read 10,056,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound of Reason View Post
"white trash"?

If it's true, what's the problem? Better to use some euphemism to make it sound nicey-nice?

Old 07-27-2012, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
If it's true, what's the problem? Better to use some euphemism to make it sound nicey-nice?
Why do you have to say "white"?

If someone said "Mexican Trash" or "Black Trash", or any other term of a racial nature, people wouldn't think that it was okay. Thus, why is it okay to say "White Trash"?

Let's not be hypocritical, people.

Old 07-27-2012, 08:29 AM

7,756 posts, read 10,056,869 times
Quote:
Why do you have to say "white"?

If someone said "Mexican Trash" or "Black Trash", or any other term of a racial nature, people wouldn't think that it was okay. Thus, why is it okay to say "White Trash"?

Let's not be hypocritical, people.
Point taken. Also, I'm all for calling a spade, a spade. (Hint...joke. A spade is a type of gardening tool)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_call_a_spade_a_spade

Old 07-27-2012, 01:26 PM

Quote:
"white trash"?

I am disgusted by bigotry directed at any group of people. That was my point.

By the way, I never realized that "white trash" was a race of people. To me, they're people who behave badly. I referenced "white" only in response to the earlier posts. You took my comment completely out of context.

Last edited by justNancy; 07-27-2012 at 01:44 PM.. Reason: fix post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta