Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 07:24 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,563,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post

Like I said, look at all the people in your life that have been married 30+ years, in those marriages the man paid most of the bills and the wife stayed at home with the kids. Kids need their mother at home when they get home. Statically speaking most of the kids in jail, kids that smoke, drink, etc are from single parent homes. Kids need a two parent home. Kids do not need both parents working; kids need at least one parent at home when they get from school.
You have a point but there are a few exceptions. Both of my parents worked and still do even though I dont think my moms has to. Im not bashing the women for making more money. Someone is giving them the opportunities to make more based on "something" So if they can make more money than men cool, but the modern man who does not get the opportunities need to be aware and conscience of what is going on around him so he can adjust. Many men are still unaware of this agenda. Tony are you a marriage advocate? I think you are on the losing end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2012, 08:01 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,227,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onthemove2014 View Post
Rosalyn said it best.
"Marriges lasted because women had to stay in bad marriages and tolerate all sorts of abuse because they had no other alternative. I know I'm not the only woman whose mother reminded her "God bless the child who's got her own." Men spend as much or more money than women do, the difference is that men tend to spend their money almost exclusively on themselves. Women tend to spend money on family."
Hey, not for nothing but, do you have any idea of how many men stayed in bad marriages because of the legal system and the annuities women seek in a divorce?

Old 05-07-2012, 08:50 PM

4,688 posts, read 8,017,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
You have a point but there are a few exceptions. Both of my parents worked and still do even though I dont think my moms has to. Im not bashing the women for making more money. Someone is giving them the opportunities to make more based on "something" So if they can make more money than men cool, but the modern man who does not get the opportunities need to be aware and conscience of what is going on around him so he can adjust. Many men are still unaware of this agenda. Tony are you a marriage advocate? I think you are on the losing end.
I agree with marriage under the church but I do not agree with marriage under the state. Marriage is the #1 way most men get taken to the cleaners and I'm not ready for that big cloud to be over my head right now. I'm not willing to risk all that I have worked for in a bad divorce. Some people will come in here and say pick the right woman, blah blah blah but people change after marriage. I will still end up getting married one day but I will have the best prenup in the state of Ga. You leave with what you came in with, if you do not want to sign it, bye.

Old 05-08-2012, 09:26 AM

497 posts, read 695,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
If I ran or owned a fortune 500 company id do what the others do. Hire mostly women , a few white men, asian men & keep other races of men out & then use education as an excuse for doing so. Education has lil to do with getting these so called high paying jobs. I've seen this agenda 4 years ago when I started noticing every job I had. HR would purposely hire a certain gender over another.
Here's an idea, instead of relying on "corporate America" to provide you with a job, why don't you use your vast knowledge and skills to start your own business. Apparently you possess all of the traits needed to be successful and have a high-paying job. Don't let an HR department hold you back. Be your own boss!

And if you think education has nothing to do with getting a great job, you are living in la la land. If you don't have a solid foundation - which is usually a degree or at least a marketable skill - then it will be very difficult to progress in your career. Study after study has shown that. However, it doesn't mean you stop learning or acquiring skills once you graduate. If you don't provide value to an employer or a customer/client, then you have no one else to blame but yourself!

Old 05-08-2012, 09:40 AM

2,047 posts, read 4,618,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
I agree with marriage under the church but I do not agree with marriage under the state. Marriage is the #1 way most men get taken to the cleaners and I'm not ready for that big cloud to be over my head right now. I'm not willing to risk all that I have worked for in a bad divorce. Some people will come in here and say pick the right woman, blah blah blah but people change after marriage. I will still end up getting married one day but I will have the best prenup in the state of Ga. You leave with what you came in with, if you do not want to sign it, bye.
Let me see if I've got this right Tomy, you expect your wife to stay at home to raise your children, yet if there's a divorce she's to be left hoomeless and jobless and with none of the profit from her labor?

Old 05-09-2012, 12:16 PM

738 posts, read 1,377,165 times
Y'all traditionalists claiming that women are "winning" did not read the original post. Women work the same jobs, the same long hours as men -- as a matter of necessity, not luxury -- yet you would still have them do all of the child care, cooking, cleaning, and everything else they did when they were not working outside the home. And women still make considerably less than men. How is that winning?

I don't even know where to begin with the whole working-women-ruin-families myth. It's pathetic.

Old 05-09-2012, 12:20 PM

4,688 posts, read 8,017,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by researchnerd View Post
Y'all traditionalists claiming that women are "winning" did not read the original post. Women work the same jobs, the same long hours as men -- as a matter of necessity, not luxury -- yet you would still have them do all of the child care, cooking, cleaning, and everything else they did when they were not working outside the home. And women still make considerably less than men. How is that winning?

I don't even know where to begin with the whole working-women-ruin-families myth. It's pathetic.
We still have our duties when we work

Old 05-09-2012, 12:28 PM

Of course we do. My point is that they should be shared evenly. One person doesn't get to come home from work and lie on the couch while the other one does everything else, simply because of their gender.

Old 05-10-2012, 09:27 AM

Let me see if I can put this a different way (I know, I promised not to feed the trolls here):

Whether this is ideal or not, the reality is that as a whole, American society is not ever going to go back to the 1950s model where men were the only wage-earners and women were housekeepers/nurturers -- for a number of reasons:

- For the vast majority of families, both parents need to work in order to pay the mortgage and buy groceries. Think about how many hours per week you'd need to work at minimum wage to make ends meet.

- Single people, whether male or female, whether they are parents or not, have no choice but to work outside the home to support themselves.

- Some families choose for both parents to work in order to afford an improved lifestyle for their kids. This could include private school, dancing lessons, or summer camp. These things are not necessities but improve a child's quality of life and/or education.

- In some families, the woman's earning power is larger than the man's. Especially for families with children, if only one parent works, it makes sense for it to be the one who earns the most.

Whether providing for themselves or their families -- would you reduce a person's ability to do ANY of these things, because of their gender? Shouldn't salary be dependent on skills, experience and ability?

Old 05-10-2012, 04:48 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,563,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by researchnerd View Post

Hey I never said any of that stuff. I am of the opinion that women can so whatever they want, make how much they want, buy whatever they want, sleep with who ever they want. Its an expectation for me. Its all about male adaption. Many men have not adapted because they dont see whats going on. Some do..but most do not. That all I am saying. Please no Color Purple/Precious replies. Thanks in advance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta