U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-20-2012, 05:41 AM

7,254 posts, read 3,933,415 times
Any of you against the TIA or transit expansion ever used mass transit to commute to work? If yes then y'all would see how many hard working people depend on the regions transit system to move the hundreds of thousands people efficiently and give people without cars, either by choice or not, access to jobs in employment centers. Adding transit to cumberland will give more than 40,000 people access to the thousands of jobs there in 45 minutes. That's a plus for businesses and reduces the amount of cars, therefore reducing congestion. This list will reduce current and future congestion in employment centers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2012, 02:50 PM

2,269 posts, read 1,254,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcorndog View Post
The plan does not do enough to actually fix traffic. You cite traffic in your example, but why wouldn't the transportation projects be 100% concerned with fixing traffic and not on economic development transit projects that will continue to be a financial drain for the area.

If traffic really is the problem the tax is trying to address, the money should be spent on projects that address the traffic and not $540 million in deferred maintenance (including $97 million for escalator maintenance/replacement) for MARTA. That $97 million in escalator work sure isn't helping traffic in the city.
You didn't listen to what cw had to say. And he's right. Contrary to what most of the Right believes, there are a LOT more issues that would-be businesses consider than tax rates. Such as infrastructure.

This referendum is, more than anything, a long-term referendum on jobs. Improving our transportation a little is just a bonus.

Old 06-20-2012, 02:55 PM

1,250 posts, read 779,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY2ATL2NY View Post
Atlanta is a Victim of its Poor Poor Leadership....I hate reading these Long term dates 2022-2032 And beyond...Its Rediculous that weve waited so Long to adress this traffic issue...Traffic was horrible in the early 90s...Had this (Tsplost package) been Instituted back then we would be half way Along and Wouldvr seen some Real improvement in the Metro. Instead we have this bill in July and if it Does not Pass...Well So much for being "Progressive"...Its like Ignoring a smoldering Fire and then you wanna do somethin about it When it became a Forest fire...I am Very Vocal on this Subject becuase there is so much potential for Atlanta And its a city that became great without Really Trying. So Why not Run with this success...We have to wait Until 2032-2042 Why Does it Have to Take so Freakin Long? I always have said this is a Good start But We should have had this kind of Cooperation,Dedication,And Leadership 25 Years Ago...And I do wish It was More Transit Oriented But We cant neglect the Roads either (Albeit thats all atlanta is good for is road works)

We've? Aren't you in NYC?

Old 06-20-2012, 11:55 PM

145 posts, read 77,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onthemove2014 View Post
We've? Aren't you in NYC?
Yea I Am But My Father,And about 10 Other Relatives Live In Covington And DoraVille Ga....And I visit Atlanta at least Twice a Year...And I used to live there for 5 years....So I think I can speak on the traffic situation Here as Ive sat in it Firsthand...Thanx for your concern...

Old 06-21-2012, 07:05 AM

7,254 posts, read 3,933,415 times
How crazy are this right-wing extremist? Metro Atlanta
Agenda 21 is pushing its 1 world order by building a 8ft wide bike trail in Dallas. Its going to let them liberals in since they are the only people that ride bikes, not kids. WTF, is wrong with these people. Damn right-wing extremist of Cobb County, join the rest of us in the 21st century!

Old 06-21-2012, 08:36 AM

14,575 posts, read 9,152,381 times
Cobb is fighting for its life, and enlarging normal 4 foot sidewalks into massive 8 foot "bike trails" is just step one.

Folks up there simply want their county back.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:22 AM

2,269 posts, read 1,254,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Cobb is fighting for its life, and enlarging normal 4 foot sidewalks into massive 8 foot "bike trails" is just step one.

Folks up there simply want their county back.
IKR? Next thing you know, the whole trail is gonna be lined with red flags.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toll_booth View Post
IKR? Next thing you know, the whole trail is gonna be lined with red flags.
It's more of the softening up of America. When conservatives want to go somewhere they simply get in the car and go. They don't need special taxpayer funded 8 foot wide "multiuse bike trails." If they did they would build them with their own money.

Old 06-21-2012, 10:01 AM

1,122 posts, read 634,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
It's more of the softening up of America. When conservatives want to go somewhere they simply get in the car and go. They don't need special taxpayer funded 8 foot wide "multiuse bike trails." If they did they would build them with their own money.
Most people do that whether liberal or conservative.

Old 06-21-2012, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Most people do that whether liberal or conservative.
Right, but when it the last time you heard a conservative pushing for more mass transit, bike lanes, sidewalks or "alternative modes of transportation"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta