U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 07:40 PM

2 posts, read 19,372 times

Advertisements

Here we go... My wife and I are divorcing.. I gotta speeding ticket by the trooper 75 South at Mt Paran.. He clocked me doing 81 in the 55 in my Magnum. He smelled alcohol on my breath and made me sit on my bumper on the side of the HWY while he went to get the breathalizer... I just killed a pint of Smirnoff red. I knew I was a done deal...

He puts it to my mouth and tells me 2 blow (no homo). I'm trying to filter my blow by putting my lips together in a petulant manner and blowing fiercely but little to no air coming out. He exclaims " BLOW!!!" I respond " I AM!!!" we repeat this process 3 times until he gets a reading.

After he looks me in my eyes clearly knowing that I'm wasted he states "According to the reading, under Georgia State Law, it seems that you are not under the influence" I see my angels wings flapping off into the sunset in angelic disgust as I am just as surprised as the officer. By the way I'm getting a divorce. More on that in a sec.

So no dui, no jailtime that's pretty cool for me being a jerk speeding 3pm in the afternoon wasted. He writes my ticket, I praise God and I slide off.

My courtdate is september 2nd, my wife wants me out by the morning for personal reasons that we all fall victim to the indulgence of. I have about $250 in my pocket and nowhere to sleep.

My ex informed me last week that she contracted Herpes
Yeah she's dripping and she's a dime she said that I can crash at her place.. Sick right? Nah this ain't going where u think it is..

I want to go back to NY to get my bread right for the remainder of the year and resurface in the A top of 2010... I don't wanna spend any unecessary bread or crash at drip drip crib. So how do I go about my courtcase if I dip outastate??

Can I plea bargain from across state lines?
I no I can mail in a payment but I don't even know how much the fine is.
I don't wanna plead guilty, I wanna fight it and get it to under the 79mph bracket. I have no guap 4 a defense. Nor do I want a warrant following me 2 my safe haven in Brooklyn.

Any educated, clever, schematical suggestions?

Last edited by offshoreprezi; 08-24-2009 at 08:10 PM.. Reason: addition

Old 08-24-2009, 08:26 PM

1,352 posts, read 3,772,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by offshoreprezi View Post
Here we go... My wife and I are divorcing.. I gotta speeding ticket by the trooper 75 South at Mt Paran.. He clocked me doing 81 in the 55 in my Magnum. He smelled alcohol on my breath and made me sit on my bumper on the side of the HWY while he went to get the breathalizer... I just killed a pint of Smirnoff red. I knew I was a done deal...

He puts it to my mouth and tells me 2 blow (no homo). I'm trying to filter my blow by putting my lips together in a petulant manner and blowing fiercely but little to no air coming out. He exclaims " BLOW!!!" I respond " I AM!!!" we repeat this process 3 times until he gets a reading.

After he looks me in my eyes clearly knowing that I'm wasted he states "According to the reading, under Georgia State Law, it seems that you are not under the influence" I see my angels wings flapping off into the sunset in angelic disgust as I am just as surprised as the officer. By the way I'm getting a divorce. More on that in a sec.

So no dui, no jailtime that's pretty cool for me being a jerk speeding 3pm in the afternoon wasted. He writes my ticket, I praise God and I slide off.

My courtdate is september 2nd, my wife wants me out by the morning for personal reasons that we all fall victim to the indulgence of. I have about $250 in my pocket and nowhere to sleep.

My ex informed me last week that she contracted Herpes
Yeah she's dripping and she's a dime she said that I can crash at her place.. Sick right? Nah this ain't going where u think it is..

I want to go back to NY to get my bread right for the remainder of the year and resurface in the A top of 2010... I don't wanna spend any unecessary bread or crash at drip drip crib. So how do I go about my courtcase if I dip outastate??

Can I plea bargain from across state lines?
I no I can mail in a payment but I don't even know how much the fine is.
I don't wanna plead guilty, I wanna fight it and get it to under the 79mph bracket. I have no guap 4 a defense. Nor do I want a warrant following me 2 my safe haven in Brooklyn.

Any educated, clever, schematical suggestions?

i know that trooper. you are lucky

you have 3 options

1. pay/show/dontpaydontshow
2. hire a lawyer
3. send your written desposition (nolo plea with explanation)

considering you slid off a dui, how lucky do you feel?

Old 08-24-2009, 09:48 PM

7,844 posts, read 14,523,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityrover View Post
considering you slid off a dui, how lucky do you feel?
How lucky does he feel? How lucky are the rest of us that we didn't die while he's speeding and killing pints of Smirnoff Red?

No sympathy from me...I just hope he doesn't kill somebody next time. The trooper should be written up for letting him go. He could have taken this guy to jail just for the 81 in a 55mph if he wanted to, nevermind doing a more thorough test for DUI.

Old 08-25-2009, 10:44 PM

no he could not. its 26 miles over.. that's not reckless driving. this isnt VA/NC!!!!!!

besides even if he could on an offense that allowed it, he had to have reasonable belief the person will not appear for trial.

Old 08-26-2009, 04:41 PM

Quote:
no he could not. its 26 miles over.
And unless something has recently changed, in GA that means the cop can arrest you on the spot.

Old 08-27-2009, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
And unless something has recently changed, in GA that means the cop can arrest you on the spot.

incorrect.

Old 08-27-2009, 02:46 AM

ok to clear that up once and for all neil, the cut off is 31mph (aka anything over 30) over for speeding. not 26. not 29. but most count it from 33. you know why right? radar guns have a +-1mph of certified accuracy.

GA has no actual speed that determines reckless or aggressive driving.

like i said, this isnt VA or NC.

Old 08-27-2009, 02:55 PM

705 posts, read 917,312 times
Quote:
incorrect.
Correct, an arrest can be made for any traffic offense, see the Supreme Court case Atwater v. City of Lago Vista. I've been doin it for 32 years that way.

Old 08-27-2009, 05:51 PM

Quote:
ok to clear that up once and for all neil, the cut off is 31mph (aka anything over 30) over for speeding. not 26. not 29. but most count it from 33. you know why right? radar guns have a +-1mph of certified accuracy.

GA has no actual speed that determines reckless or aggressive driving.

like i said, this isnt VA or NC.
Either way, by his own admission he was drunk as a skunk and speeding. Does it really matter whether it was 26 or 31 mph over the limit? You're missing the point.

Old 08-27-2009, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
Either way, by his own admission he was drunk as a skunk and speeding. Does it really matter whether it was 26 or 31 mph over the limit? You're missing the point.

im not missing the point for there is no point. it is irrelevant. I can claim i killed 10 people, chopped up 2 cats in the trunk and washed it all down with a gallon of moonshine.

a claim without supporting evidence means nothing. his own admission is meaningless as he was cleared of being drunk according to the law. you can drive after drinking, as long as you arent impaired.

you can expect people to boast and exaggerate circumstances. doesn't mean they are legally guilty or even medically impaired...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta