U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 05:04 PM

2,275 posts, read 5,543,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmcclellan View Post
You complain about your tail being ridden, but most likely your driving 55 in what is called the "fast" or "passing" lane, when you clearly aren't going fast or passing.
Every time I've driven in Georgia, I've driven in the right lane, about five miles over the speed limit. Without fail, people ride my tail, VERY closely. Every. Single. Time.

I stay out of the fast lane if I'm not driving fast. By doing so, I'm showing respect for those who choose not to respect the law. It's a shame they can't show me the same respect.

Old 12-11-2007, 11:13 PM

1,756 posts, read 4,922,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire_F View Post
Every time I've driven in Georgia, I've driven in the right lane, about five miles over the speed limit. Without fail, people ride my tail, VERY closely. Every. Single. Time.

I stay out of the fast lane if I'm not driving fast. By doing so, I'm showing respect for those who choose not to respect the law. It's a shame they can't show me the same respect.
...as a speeder (at least to this board anyway) I would say **** on 'em, you're in the slow lane and therefore shouldn't be bullied, thank you for staying over and they shouldn't be on your rear....

...that being said....

....I don't have any respect for those who don't obey the law....and drop a damn ladder off their POS car/truck/van in the middle of the interstate (whatever lane), with no license, no tag, no registration, and no insurance and damn near total some peoples cars....

...hell I've seen a weed whacker on 75 before the 'hooch, I see a ladder about once a month, every now and then a sofa.....

Old 12-11-2007, 11:15 PM

1,756 posts, read 4,922,261 times
oh wait, one more....I once came back from NC on 85 and near the perimeter I saw 4 men holding a queen sized mattress on top of their toyota tercel by keeping the windows down, and holding on with one arm each....NO ROPE OR TIE DOWNS OF ANY KIND

Old 12-12-2007, 10:22 AM

23 posts, read 80,061 times
Quote:

Unfortunatly, there are going to be those types of people that are going to be ***holes anywhere and everywhere. They are most likely the ones doing 20 in a parking lot to find a parking space or changing back and forth between lanes in nearly stand still traffic. When I'm in the slow lane I drive with traffic, whatever speed that might be. If some yahoo is riding my tail, I give my breaks a tap to let him know that I don't want my 6 airbags in my car deployed anytime soon.

These types of drivers will ALWAYS be on the road during rush hour. If you don't feel safe, get on the road earlier or later with less traffic. Sucks, but it's a solution.

Old 12-15-2007, 03:12 AM

383 posts, read 717,360 times
a few points:
i agree w/ the increased police presence lately---especially along i-75 ITP

i dont know but i think GA roads (maintenance wise) are some of the best in the country....drive along an interstate in OH, OK, or even TX and you will see a difference.

and i agree that someone going more than about 30 mph over the limit deserves whatever punishment that comes to them.......it seems like these days everyone is always trying "to get out of something" be it work, speeding tickets, whatever....if you did something wrong, live up to it.

Old 12-31-2007, 11:20 AM

4,993 posts, read 5,751,081 times
I was just browsing this one and caught this gem...

Quote:
All you liberals like throwing this around so why not for speeders. Hell, y'all want to give civilian rights to terrorist combatants and illegal immigrants, why not a speeder.
Someone needs political science 101 if they think that previous comments equate to liberalism. Actually one only need common sense (which is terribly missing by those told how to think from the AM radio dial).

Old 10-22-2008, 08:28 AM

1 posts, read 3,063 times
Default Intolerance

Quote:
This is exactly why I hate driving in Georgia. People with complete disregard for the safety of others driving like maniacs.

I don't feel sorry for a single one of you. You're getting what you deserve.

Actually, I take that back - you're not getting what you deserve. You deserve to lose your license.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________
If you are willing to support intolerance. If you have no faults that you request forgiveness for, from anyone. If you don't get behind the wheel in the Atlanta metroplex. Look you are in no place to judge without all the facts. Even judges don't get all the facts. They as you get a subset.

In your state of perfection, please inform us mere mortals how to afford a living spaces near where we have been fortunate enough to be graced with employment. Perhaps you can grace us with a solution to the constant traffic jams oh enlightened one.

Last edited by Probelm; 10-22-2008 at 08:30 AM.. Reason: HTML TAGS

Old 10-22-2008, 01:16 PM

293 posts, read 781,061 times
it is ever so easy to go over the limit.. the roads are nice, the cars good to drive

this is why I try to drive old used cars with no power otherwise in the last jag I don't see myself flying, but I do

Old 02-09-2009, 05:31 PM

1 posts, read 2,890 times
Hey i was doing 98 in a 55 and got pulled over. I was aressted and got a ticket for speeding and reckless driving, oh yeah and i have to go to court for it....does anyone know what i can expect. I was in Ludowici GA.

Old 02-09-2009, 05:41 PM

381 posts, read 428,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brycethreats View Post
Hey i was doing 98 in a 55 and got pulled over. I was aressted and got a ticket for speeding and reckless driving, oh yeah and i have to go to court for it....does anyone know what i can expect. I was in Ludowici GA.

sucks to be you. live and learn.
if you are smart, you should get a good traffic attorney.

-a|ex
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta