U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 12:30 PM

111 posts, read 403,749 times

Advertisements

Any ideas on where to take a first date (dinner or else)in Duluth or Norcross? I am not from Atlanta.

Some good pointers will be welcome
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2006, 01:03 PM

425 posts, read 1,587,917 times
Grace 17.20 or Sia's. I am a bit hesitant about recommending any other places around that area. It seems as though many of the establishments (Stoney River for example) hire highschool kids which can lend to odd wine pairings.

Old 09-19-2006, 01:08 PM

Are these restaurants?
Looking for something really romantic, cozy, charming to really make a top-notch impression on a first date...It could be a chill place with smooth jazz music and a mature atmosphere...

Bring on some thoughts and ideas!!!!

Old 09-19-2006, 01:32 PM

425 posts, read 1,587,917 times
Yes - they are restaurants in the Duluth area. There is also a cigar lounge / wine bar called Smokers Paradise in Suwanee. Generally though, most Duluth/Swanee establishments are the bigbox-chain-kid friendly type.

Old 09-19-2006, 06:12 PM

Anywhere in Duluth/Norcross area with a cozy atmosphere with light music..nothing crowded or smoky? Very intimate for a romantic dinner for 2?
Nothing where your next table can hear your whole convo.
What would the best recommendation be?

Old 09-19-2006, 07:06 PM

496 posts, read 950,496 times
How about papedeaux ?(spelling)
There is a location in Norcross off I-85 and Jimmy Carter-so convienent to get to.
Their food is excellent and the amtmosphere is nice (although not jazzy)
Only down side is the traffic around that area and don't drive touring jimmy carter blvd esp the east side of I-85 as it's not all that eye-appealing.

Another choice might be (off Peachtree Parkway in the peachtree corners area of norcross) There's a new shopping plaza called "The Forum"
much nicer neighborhood. Several good restaurants in there to suit your plans.

Old 09-19-2006, 08:55 PM

1,088 posts, read 5,828,294 times
This is a bit far but last weekend I went to a place called Rays on the River. It is about 285 and Riverside. It sits on the Chattahooche, they have live Jazz Thurs - Sat, excellent wine list, great food, nice patio. There are cozy nooks where the music isn't too loud. Seemed like a nice local spot, similar to what you are looking for, but again it won't be close. I think they have another location farther out but I'm not sure.

Although I've never been I've heard very good things about Grace 17.20 BTW. Don't know much about the atmosphere there or anything.

Old 09-19-2006, 09:43 PM

9,188 posts, read 30,242,745 times
Home Depot is a good casual place for a first date, and you can pick her up something nice while there (tile, flooring, etc). Followed by a sports bar.

Old 09-20-2006, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Wallace View Post
How about papedeaux ?(spelling)
There is a location in Norcross off I-85 and Jimmy Carter-so convienent to get to.
Only down side is the traffic around that area and don't drive touring jimmy carter blvd esp the east side of I-85 as it's not all that eye-appealing.

Another choice might be (off Peachtree Parkway in the peachtree corners area of norcross) There's a new shopping plaza called "The Forum"
What would be the best pick at "The Forum" to suit the occasion?

Old 09-20-2006, 05:17 AM

2,819 posts, read 9,378,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Wallace View Post

Make sure she/he meets you in his/her car. This way there are two automobiles in the lot. This provides an almost 100% chance that there will be at least one automobile in the lot when you both leave.

Also, Jimmy Carter is Norcross.

On a serious. Pappadeux does have some good food. Like the cajin spices
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta