Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 01:28 PM

1,848 posts, read 3,724,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
Vinings is in south Cobb, not in either East or West Cobb (which are both located in the northern half of the county).
I know, it is just on the list, everyone I know there is steering me to East and West Cobb..I'm just trying to sort them out piece by piece.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2012, 08:30 PM

550 posts, read 988,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slduvall View Post
Love this tread - I'm weighing a move to either West or East cobb. Schools are important (5th grader) but so are neighborhoods. In some of the google views of West Cobb, some of the houses seem far apart. My first thought - halloween would suck!

BUT that said, we are moving from DC area. I can see directly into my neighbors kitchen window when I walk out my front door, on the other it is the neighbors play yard with all the kids screaming all the time. My kid is back there too, but that is the only window and just isn't what I want to look at all the time. And don't get me started about the neighbor that picks his clover with baggy sweatpants on that I can see from my computer room. Men should not wear european underpants! But like my DH says - at least he's wearing them. Huge house - but sort of like living in a 3 story double wide! And all that for the lovely price of about $750K.

I digress..we have friends in East Cobb, going to Walton, so I know all about that. But like someone else said, it seems I can get more for my money in West Cobb. Commute is to Marietta not downtown, so not an issue.

But I'm hearing lots about snobbery - on both sides of Cobb. Coming from Fairfax County one of the most affluent counties in the country, (as well as a fabulous school system) I'm wondering if it will be different. Anyone experience the NOVA affluence issues and schools issues, that now lives in Cobb County?

And here in NOVA - the schools are deemed to be vastly different across the county, but they all teach the same curriculum in Fairfax. Are the school districts different down there?
We have been in East Cobb since March and I have only encountered it once--a snobby 4th grader at tennis. My dd thought it was pathetic and was not scarred by the experience. I have experienced affluence/snobbery issues in various other locations...I am sure there may be some of that here...but so far it has not been an issue whatsoever. I just think that it is more of an individual family values thing and I have seen enough families that are NOT snobs with kids in the Walton cluster.

Old 08-14-2012, 06:39 AM

1,848 posts, read 3,724,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deacongirl View Post
We have been in East Cobb since March and I have only encountered it once--a snobby 4th grader at tennis. My dd thought it was pathetic and was not scarred by the experience. I have experienced affluence/snobbery issues in various other locations...I am sure there may be some of that here...but so far it has not been an issue whatsoever. I just think that it is more of an individual family values thing and I have seen enough families that are NOT snobs with kids in the Walton cluster.
Thanks. I think my dd will be well versed in handling it by the time we move. As noted it is very competitive here, be it gymnastics, ballet, soccer. She is good at all, but hated dealing with the snobs. She now just does Karate, is very good, so that takes up most of her time. And has taught her how to deal with others with more patience that I do!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta