Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 01:13 PM

23,726 posts, read 24,731,164 times

Advertisements

Buckhead is comparable to Brickell. Most condos are found in Buckhead or midtown, but downtown has a few. If you an urban feeling look into those areas or intown neighborhoods to the east. Atlanta mass transit system is bigger and better than metrorail. There are several entertainment districts, each with their own vibe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2012, 05:26 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,634,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monibee View Post
Hello everyone,

Recently my fiance and I took a road trip from Miami to Chicago, we both have were born and raised here and wanted to see something different. On the way there we drove through ATL and many other cities and we both got the feeling of being so disconnected down in Miami. This simmered and now that we are back here, we are just dissatisfied with this city.

After some talking we came decided that a move would be good for us and ATL was a good place try out. I work in banking and she works is a Graphic Artist, we both are successful in our careers and are in a position to move.

That being said, the reason I am posting here is to get a better feel of the city from a residents view. Which neighborhoods are fitting for young professional couples? What is the quality of living like? How expensive is the city, etc? Traffic is not a very big problem, we deal with that here and its a given when moving to a large city.

Basically, we are sick of the plastic and artificialness of Miami, this city is only geared toward certain markets and people and we want a better place to start and raise a family. So please, tell me what you guys like most about ATL! I am really excited to hear from all of you
The closer you live to the city of Atlanta, the better you will feel and like the city. Make sure you choose an area near MARTA (Downtown ATL, Midtown ATL, Buckhead, Decatur, Chamblee/Doraville areas, East ATL, Dunwoody/Sandy Springs areas and Brookhaven.

I live in Sandy Springs and love the area. I moved to this area from Norcross. Norcross had a more homely feel to it and is less bourgeois but it was further out, have to drive everywhere and the traffic in Gwinnett County is a nightmare.

MARTA (rail and bus) is right at more door step and everything is within walking distance (Eateries, Grocery Store, Employment, Shopping, etc). If you look at Sandy Springs make sure you take a drive on Peachtree-Dunwoody Road. You will love the area. Tree-lined and nice.

Good luck to you and yours no matter the decision you all choose.

Old 05-24-2012, 03:05 AM

128 posts, read 147,922 times
If I could do it over I would have chosen the Sandy Springs & Dunwoody area for the same reasons mentioned in the previous post. Virginia Highlands is also a good choice it's hip and happening.
The best advice is to find out where hubby will be working first and then pick an area close to there. Traffic can be at a standstill on the 75/85 and there will be days when it will take 40 minutes to go 5 miles.
Do your research and explore your options. I am sure there is a place for you in Atlanta where you will make new friends and raise a family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta