Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 02:26 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,411,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plucas001 View Post
Wow, you sound so intelligent.... Give me a break.... A fool says in his heart there is not God.... If you can look in the mirror and think you are made by 100% chance. I am sorry friend. You are an idiot. Why would I not want to organize people who all believe that God exists so that we can share the message. Most people that write off the faith don't even know the core concepts of what we believe. This is the epitome of weak minded.....
These kind of sayings are common among religious folk but they result from an improper recognition of bad logic. You contend that humanity is too complex to have originated without an intelligent creator, but yet your solution to this anomaly is to postulate something even more complex than humanity (infinitely more complex in fact) that had no creator. You have not solved the logical problem, you have just extended it with a precursor that is even more unlikely.

To put it another way, is it more likely that humanity (a corporeal, flawed, limited, finite type of being) had no creator, or that God (an infinitely powerful infinitely intelligent being) had no creator? The latter is a greater logical problem to resolve than the former. I contend that the former is actually easier to believe.

Old 06-09-2012, 02:38 PM

258 posts, read 534,499 times
somebody tell creflo i'll get the prosecutor to drop the charges if cref slides me $53,000 in cash

Old 06-09-2012, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzzz View Post
That doesn't even make any sense.

The best thing about this thread was finding out there's a church dude named "Creflo Dollar." Probably one of the all time best scam pastor names, ever.
I agree, so fitting.

Old 06-09-2012, 03:41 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,566,869 times
gotta love the holiness in this video

Police: Creflo Dollar choked, slapped daughter *| ajc.com

Old 06-09-2012, 03:52 PM

Quote:
I wonder, is the CEO of my software company evil too? He also is a Pastor of a church... I am so sick of this religous box MY GOD!!! Maybe you guys would like this prayer: here it goes:

Lord, please help my iPhone business to fail because you know, I don't want to get too rich now. And while your at it, let me stay a junior developer forever, because if I do really good, me and my wife might be able to afford a big house. Them big houses make me look evil, because I CLAIM TO BE A CHRISTIAN.

Lord, sometimes people get jealous of my ability to enjoy life, eat well and dream big. I need to just concern myself with the poor allthe time, 24/7. Help me in that area Lord....

ARE YOU GETTING THE POINT YET?? I leave you with one final question:

If I don't have anything to begin with, how could I ever give someone what I don't have? Has God commanded that a preacher would never be capable of giving millions? Show me that in the Bible..... As a matter of fact, I don't want anyone's opinions, give me SCRIPTURES that back up this incredibly low quality of life that I am supposed to settle for.... SMH

And if your wondering if I got to His church, the answer is: NO.
Ha ha ha ROFLMAO....u mad?

Old 06-09-2012, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Organized unbelief is an excuse to exist in ignorance and then die in uncertainty.

-Me

Old 06-09-2012, 05:56 PM

118 posts, read 199,186 times
No, just sad that you have substituted the best life for some limited alternate of such. I would say that I hope that path works out for you in the end..... but, I doubt it :-(

What is to get mad over? I'm on the winning side, lol

God bless you all. Much love, sincerely.

Old 06-09-2012, 06:07 PM

Unbelief is a waste of time. I guess you will know the deal soon enough....

Old 06-09-2012, 08:43 PM

^ Again it takes more faith to believe an infinite being had no intelligent creator, than that flawed limited humans didn't.

Old 06-09-2012, 10:27 PM

It takes less faith if you give less credit to what we are capable understanding. I for one do not think too highly of human understanding in the context of how we got here, therefore I can easily fathom the idea of an eternal being, that has qualities and traits foreign to me.

I do not need to understand how the creator created, only that He did create. This my friend enters into the very realm of morality that most try to write off as unimportant, and find excuses to not be bothered with it..... You speak in the false premise, that man should equipped to understand the purposes, abilities, and the perfect intent of the creator, once the creator is identified.

We are only tasked to identify who He is, and then do what he says. This is a hard pill to swallow when we inherently struggle with a puffed up image of man to begin with.

-Hmmm, another Jesus facepalm? Or might we Christians be on to something? LOL

The typical perspective of a Christian will invite morality into the topic of divine design by default. This discussion only points towards a "sin limitation" in the heart of the unbeliever, not a "logical weakness" concerning the belief in God.

I need much more faith to believe in a Big Bang theory, than I do to believe in an ETERNAL being that may possess timeless qualities that I have never possessed or never seen possessed by another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta