U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 12:21 PM

252 posts, read 436,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
That sort of thing happens everywhere.
doesn't happen at the fogo de chao's here in baltimore
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2012, 12:27 PM

112 posts, read 250,155 times
Justin's had a good run. I use to go to happy hour on Mondays, special events, etc. I actually only really sat down for a real dinner a couple times. haha Like someone mentioned, it probably couldn't compete with Frank Ski's. Out with the old, in with the new is the Atlanta way!

Old 06-16-2012, 12:34 PM

2,816 posts, read 9,194,126 times
I think if folks see some of the reviews it looks like Justin's failed to perform on all levels from everyone of all races and backgrounds.

Overall, was not a very well ran establishment.

See some of the reviews:

Justin's - Atlanta, GA

Restaurants are chance businesses like all, they have a very high failure rate. You either hit a niche as a "very good" "very well ran" family individually owned restaurant or go out of business. With all the chains out there it is David vs., Goliath and it does not matter if your P Diddy or P Dribble.

Old 06-16-2012, 12:50 PM

12,885 posts, read 20,969,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolieandre View Post
Oh Gosh! I swear this forum is Re-Dic!!! A restraunt closes by Diddy and you have people on here talkin about whites were not welcome.... I could make a completely new forum on all the negative comments blacks get on here for making money and not having money. It's a lose lose situation no matter what! If we make money it's illegal or we have a chip on our shoulder or we are new money. If we don't have money we're lazy, bringing down vlaue, etc....

Anyway Justin's menu was not all that, and DEFINETLY overpriced. I think they closed b/c no one went there anymore.
Spot on post.

Old 06-17-2012, 10:14 PM

156 posts, read 375,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaLakeSearch View Post
So they said, "you are not welcome in this establishment because of your skin color?"
No, but I was greeted with "Oh, I didn't know it was a snowflake party tonight.". We chose to spend our money elsewhere. People of all races tend to deny racism exists within their group. There is plenty of white on black racism, but the the black on white is rampant in this town. The difference is that one is politically incorrect and the other is not.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:04 AM

194 posts, read 510,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missinglove View Post
Um, how do you know they weren't just rude to everyone???
Excellent question. Let's see if mascatlman responds.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:44 AM

2,851 posts, read 5,427,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missinglove View Post
Um, how do you know they weren't just rude to everyone???
Apparently rude service, bad food, over pricing was something that most people regardless of color experienced there according to these reviews. Justin's Restaurant Inc - Atlanta, GA, 30309 - Citysearch

Old 06-20-2012, 03:56 PM

449 posts, read 955,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mceis View Post
No, but I was greeted with "Oh, I didn't know it was a snowflake party tonight.". We chose to spend our money elsewhere. People of all races tend to deny racism exists within their group. There is plenty of white on black racism, but the the black on white is rampant in this town. The difference is that one is politically incorrect and the other is not.
Did the host/hostess literally say that or was that the demeanor that they presented?

Old 06-21-2012, 09:11 PM

5,207 posts, read 5,961,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galounger View Post
Apparently rude service, bad food, over pricing was something that most people regardless of color experienced there according to these reviews. Justin's Restaurant Inc - Atlanta, GA, 30309 - Citysearch
Well then...there you have it?

Old 08-22-2012, 10:46 AM

650 posts, read 1,267,646 times
Is the resturant closed? it still appears on Groupon NOW

https://www.groupon.com/now/deals/10...staurant-4dsfl
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or