Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 10:04 AM

23,353 posts, read 43,816,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
You are probably right, LD. I know some folks who live over there and they are not the type to go to a local restaurant and open fire in the parking lot. Often the people who run wild in a neighborhood don't actually live there.
I dont think anyone was shooting at anyone. It was just firing in the air. Annoying in the middle of the night, nevertheless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2012, 10:59 AM

217 posts, read 407,729 times
14 years is a long time in restaurant years. That's much, much longer than a lot of them last. Remember that place in midtown that lasted 70-something days? Many of them barely make it a year, and even the celebrity-backed ones often unceremoniously flop.

I've been to Justin's once, but never actually ate. We went inside and the hostess told us what the wait time was, but after sitting there and thinking about it for a while, waiting 45 minutes to eat what looked like overpriced, run-of-the-mill food didn't seem like such a great idea so we left.

But the real issue here is: What's going to go in that space? We're already way over our quota of vacant retail and restaurant spaces in prominent locations.

Old 06-13-2012, 11:40 AM

31,995 posts, read 36,561,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
I dont think anyone was shooting at anyone. It was just firing in the air. Annoying in the middle of the night, nevertheless.
No kidding! And incredibly reckless. I guess some people don't realize that every bullet they fire in an intown neighborhood is coming down somewhere and has a high potential to kill or maim somebody.

Old 06-13-2012, 05:51 PM

2,406 posts, read 3,338,247 times
I never ate here, but a 14 year run is pretty impressive. Not many of these celebrity restaurants are successful, so that makes it even more impressive. This trend of celebrity owned restaurants seems to have cooled off recently. If I had a lot of extra money, I certainly wouldn't be investing in this industry.

Old 06-14-2012, 06:04 AM

431 posts, read 655,570 times
The restaurant had a good run but it was time. The food was overpriced and not good at all. The restaurant in NYC was better but he closed it in 2007.

Old 06-14-2012, 06:56 AM

1 posts, read 1,320 times
Diddy's restaurant was never really THE spot for Atlanta tastemakers. And the opening of Frank Ski's new restaurant one block away was the last nail in a coffin that was already shut. Diddy has so many other business ventures (profitable ones!) that Justin's will not be significant!

Old 06-14-2012, 03:36 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,532,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Carpet Shelley View Post
Diddy's restaurant was never really THE spot for Atlanta tastemakers. And the opening of Frank Ski's new restaurant one block away was the last nail in a coffin that was already shut. Diddy has so many other business ventures (profitable ones!) that Justin's will not be significant!
Great first post...

Old 06-14-2012, 04:00 PM

31,995 posts, read 36,561,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Great first post...
Who were said tastemakers?

I am so out of the loop.

Old 06-14-2012, 04:46 PM

719 posts, read 1,327,223 times
Oh Gosh! I swear this forum is Re-Dic!!! A restraunt closes by Diddy and you have people on here talkin about whites were not welcome.... I could make a completely new forum on all the negative comments blacks get on here for making money and not having money. It's a lose lose situation no matter what! If we make money it's illegal or we have a chip on our shoulder or we are new money. If we don't have money we're lazy, bringing down vlaue, etc....

Anyway Justin's menu was not all that, and DEFINETLY overpriced. I think they closed b/c no one went there anymore.

Old 06-14-2012, 09:20 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,532,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolieandre View Post
Oh Gosh! I swear this forum is Re-Dic!!! A restraunt closes by Diddy and you have people on here talkin about whites were not welcome.... I could make a completely new forum on all the negative comments blacks get on here for making money and not having money. It's a lose lose situation no matter what! If we make money it's illegal or we have a chip on our shoulder or we are new money. If we don't have money we're lazy, bringing down vlaue, etc....

Anyway Justin's menu was not all that, and DEFINETLY overpriced. I think they closed b/c no one went there anymore.
nobody hates on blacks for making money, hell I make good money. No one really hates on me. I'm way too quiet in real life to be hated on lol. Most people with a lil money are not the problem, its the wannabes & wishtheycould. I'm just a silent observer how likes to tease dumbies on this forum. Swag!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta